PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
They are just not the same situations. If it was the Sydney Roosters or Souths maybe you would have a point. They have 10 times less the population. You do know the capacity difference also? 35min drive??? On a Friday afternoon/night?? I wouldn't think so. Not from my experience of Sydney traffic.

I suspect if the Cows were playing a prelim at Suncorp against a team other than Brisbane/Dolphins, they'd fill it up.

I live about 35 mins from Suncorp, I catch the train/bus when I get to the games, I suspect it would be the same situation in Sydney. It's unreasonable to drive your car to the stadium.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If they are giving away tickets to fill it up though, what was the point of moving it?

NRL incompetence.

Maybe they though people outside of the Blue Mountains actually care about the Panthers.

Or maybe they overestimated how committed Panthers fans are to their team. I mean a 35 minute drive isn't any more than it would take you to get from Ipswich to Lang Park.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I suspect if the Cows were playing a prelim at Suncorp against a team other than Brisbane/Dolphins, they'd fill it up.

I live about 35 mins from Suncorp, I catch the train/bus when I get to the games, I suspect it would be the same situation in Sydney. It's unreasonable to drive your car to the stadium.
Maybe. It is still only a 53k capacity stadium. They are not filling up 80k fans.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
If they are giving away tickets to fill it up though, what was the point of moving it?
Bluebet Stadium holds 22 500. They probably sold more than that before they started giving freebies.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
You are wrong because what you have written is where the similarity stops.

The differences are:
- The Broncs came in to finals on a three game winning streak, the Warriors have not
- The Broncos had pretty good defense going in to finals, the Warriors do not
- The Broncs were really close in games against top four teams, the Warriors have not been
- The Broncs put 50 on a Newcastle side featuring Andrew Johns, the Warriors only made 40 against a broken Knights team
- The Broncs were a stacked team that had been affected by origin but were coming good at the right time of year and had Lockyer in it
- The Warriors have holes in their side that can be exploited and have been exploited this year against the best sides

Don't worry, you are indeed wrong
From your lips to Gods ears

prayer GIF

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I thought Commbank would be a nice place to play a game for a team like Penrith and it's based in Parramatta, which is hardly that far to go.

It holds 30k which is only 7.5k more people but it looks to be a great place to watch a game of footy. I doubt any Sydney team would fill up Accor, it would need to be 2 Sydney teams going at it.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Comparing the situations of the "Penrith" Panthers who play in western sydney every week and "Brisbane" Broncos who play in..... Brisbane every week is wild. Not even mentioning playing Melbourne who nobody gives a **** about in a stadium that has 30k more seats is one of the more disingenuous things I have seen

It's a 2 hour commute each way for me to get to a Suncorp game. Either a long drive to the bus station or an even longer drive to the train station. Then public transport in overcrowded tin cans, almost always having to stand the whole time. I doubt Penrith "fans" have it any worse than that. There are zero excuses.

Except of course that they bought their 2021 tickets and jerseys on Afterpay and are still paying it off.

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
Cleary not fit but will play. Luai will play all remaining games (needs surgery). There's a chance of an ambush happening.
What's wrong with Cleary? Is his cranium finally unable to support his chin?

JK - finger worse than they are letting on?

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
What's wrong with Cleary? Is his cranium finally unable to support his chin?

JK - finger worse than they are letting on?

Have been told 3 different stories.
1) Bruised and he be ok.
2)1x Middle fracture.
3)2x metacarpal fracture.

They tight unit, so hard to figure whats games.

FACTHUNT

FACTHUNT

QCup Player
May 25, 2021
Have been told 3 different stories.
1) Bruised and he be ok.
2)1x Middle fracture.
3)2x metacarpal fracture.

They tight unit, so hard to figure whats games.
Damnnnn. I reckon he'd need all the injections to get through a game with a metacarpal fracture. Big ouch.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The warriors have a 06 broncos story line.
An underrated side going about business led by some wily veterans still in their prime and a stack of stars on the rise.
Winning under the radar all season with a few sprinkled losses that people wrote them off for.
A loss in week one of the finals followed up by an emphatic victory against the knights.
Still given no chance in the prelim against the much more heavily backed Favourite to win the comp in their home territory .

🫣🫣😰😰😬😬
Tell me I’m wrong:
Brisbane were a battle-hardened team and none of the players in the team had ever missed a finals series and Bennett was in his 19th season as coach. Their biggest obstacle was trying to get over the Origin period and they managed that when they completely changed their gameplan and built their success on the back of the ruck work from Hodges and Berrigan.

Brisbane had also basically set up camp in Sydney after the loss to the Dragons so after destroying the Knights, they had found themselves in a good rhythm.

The Warriors have virtually come from nowhere, a team of experienced nomads who have enjoyed a largely uninterrupted season and snuck up on a lot of teams. Brisbane went into that game against with a 2-0 record, beating them 30-0 in Sydney just a month or so prior, whereas these two teams haven't met since May and Brisbane won it despite missing players to Origin.

Any team can win on their day, but the Broncos have done everything to put themselves into a position to win this. If they play their best footy that will be enough.

KnToad

KnToad

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2013
Did you go back straight after the game or stay overnight?

Clearly everyone is a lot more committed than me, I can't be assed making my way to Suncorp from Bald Hills.
Thats where we catch the train from. We drive down from the Sunny Coast. The Bald Hills trip to Suncorp beats the traffic hands down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• something
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Cavalo
  • RolledOates
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Swordfish
  • BooKhaki
  • Mr Fourex
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Browny
  • The Boss
  • Painin the Haas
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.