QLD Game 1 Origin Team

I'm ok with NSW destroying QLD this year. Means Milf can have another year to skill up and then come in and be the Qld Half for the next 10 years.

eh, i have no issues with the side. Cooper is a great player, just because his team has been going shit it doesn't detract from his quality.

i think this is the most interesting series in quite a few years.

eh, i have no issues with the side. Cooper is a great player, just because his team has been going shit it doesn't detract from his quality.

i think this is the most interesting series in quite a few years.
NSW is far superior on paper, but that seldom translates on the field. However, it is the first time in 12 years or so, that NSW's spine could be considered superior to Qld's. I just wish it was possible to transplant DCE's skills into Hunt, while keeping his character intact.

I'm on the fence in regards to Cooper, but happy he was picked ahead of Guerra. I might have gone with Papalii on the left and carried Ofa on the bench. It will hopefully be moot once Gillo is back.

If this is the kind of shit Kevin thinks is a good side, I'm very, very happy the club decided to not go after him as our next coach.

Gavin Cooper? lol
Hunt/Munster halves combo? Yuck

Seriously, this is the worst side I've seen in over a decade. If NSW don't pump us, they may as well just give up.

Who would you have picked ?

Qld origin team loves the underdog tag. Need to get Fatty and some of the 1995 boys into camp. Have a few beers tell a few stories.

DCE is the only different selection I would have preferred .
Hunts had a rampaging pack and has played well but he couldn't run a bath let alone Qlds attack.
Lets hope Billy and Munster are in charge.

Last edited:
Same thing we hear every year, NSW so superior etc. They have a good squad on paper, but, there are some potential defensive weaknesses in that backline that we have the players to exploit. Maloney, Latrell, Roberts and Tom Turbo out of position and outside Roberts. If we can hold them in the forwards (which knowing the way Qld packs play) we could do real damage out wide with Inglis, Chambers, Gagai, Holmes and Slater.

Yeh our backline is stronger and more experienced. Bit sad for Oatesy but Holmes and Gagai have a proven track record at rep level. Also, I'm a bit gutted for milf TBH, no one has really thrown his name in the pot, but he is more of a threat than hunt in my opinion. The halves are looking light on both sides with Maloney the only established player

Same thing we hear every year, NSW so superior etc. They have a good squad on paper, but, there are some potential defensive weaknesses in that backline that we have the players to exploit. Maloney, Latrell, Roberts and Tom Turbo out of position and outside Roberts. If we can hold them in the forwards (which knowing the way Qld packs play) we could do real damage out wide with Inglis, Chambers, Gagai, Holmes and Slater.
One slight difference.... Nsw being superior is what is said every year by nsw media...... now we are saying it!

This is origin so you never say never but if that nsw forward pack doesnt dominate ours (what wins origin games, and hunt cant play behind a beaten pack), then the nswrl should demand the players give back their game wages i reckon...

One slight difference.... Nsw being superior is what is said every year by nsw media...... now we are saying it!

Plenty up here were saying it as well last year too.
After game 1....it was the beginning of NSW era of domination. Heh heh ...lasted 1 game.
default_giggle.gif

TBH, I'm quietly confident. GI is going to have a huge series.

Plenty up here were saying it as well last year too.
After game 1....it was the beginning of NSW era of domination. Heh heh ...lasted 1 game.
default_giggle.gif

TBH, I'm quietly confident. GI is going to have a huge series.
I agree after game 1 it was getting said, but at no time in the last 10 years has it been said before a ball has even been kicked.

And agree about inglis too, but Forwards win origin. I just hope that forward pack can play the best games of their lives at least twice this series AND we dont depend on hunt to be a game winner in a tight match all of a sudden...

I agree after game 1 it was getting said, but at no time in the last 10 years has it been said before a ball has even been kicked.

And agree about inglis too, but Forwards win origin. I just hope that forward pack can play the best games of their lives at least twice this series AND we dont depend on hunt to be a game winner in a tight match all of a sudden...
Hunt does not have to be the game winner, Munster is the game winner in that halves combination.

This is a chance for Kev Walters to really make an impression on Hunt, McCullough and McGuire. These Broncos and ex Bronco have had time with him and they know what he wants them to do. I don't know how much influence he's had on Hunt but I'll bet the message he gives him will be crystal clear. If he plays like Walters did we'll be a chance. I give us a slim chance and hope for, more than expect a true maroon display.

If this is the kind of shit Kevin thinks is a good side, I'm very, very happy the club decided to not go after him as our next coach.

Gavin Cooper? lol
Hunt/Munster halves combo? Yuck

Seriously, this is the worst side I've seen in over a decade. If NSW don't pump us, they may as well just give up.
Respectfully, that was always going to be the case when the likes of Lockyer, Thurston, Cronk and Smith all retired.

We’ve been absolutely blessed with some of the best players to ever play the last 10-15 years.

It’s not like we could just swap them out with like-for-like replacements. They don’t come along every day.

That said, I don’t like our chances unless we come out of the blocks strong and open up a significant lead, as I just don’t think we have the direction in the team to close out the game in a tight contest.

But I’m also not willing to write us off before a ball is kicked. If there’s a way to win it, QLD will always find it!

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Broncojim
  • Gaz
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • simplythebest
  • Ondi
  • Santa
  • Maroon4life
  • Fozz
  • mitch222
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • ozzball
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.