Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Reynolds: We will help Reece learn and develop​

broncos.com.au
Wed 28 Jun 2023, 06:03 PM

Captain Adam Reynolds says the Broncos will ensure Reece Walsh gets all the help and support he needs to develop as a person and a player in the wake of the fullback's appearance at the NRL judiciary for contrary conduct.

Reynolds said: "Reece and Pat gave their version of events of what happened on the field and the judiciary made its ruling which we accept and we have moved on - we have an important game this weekend and we will make sure that we are at our best.

Screenshot 2023 06 28 201030

"He was trying to better the team but obviously it came across the wrong way.

"Reece is still young, he's still learning the game, he's still learning to pick his moments when to speak and not to speak, and as a club we need to support him and tell him when it's not right and there are lessons to be learned.

"He and I had a lengthy, private conversation about it - he's inexperienced and very passionate, he cares because he wants to win and I love seeing that in my players, but he just needs to be better at times and as a club we will help him with that.

"Reece is a young fella who has made mistakes and it's about us getting around him and making sure that we teach him how to be better and make sure it doesn't happen again."

Note: the link includes a Press conference from Reynolds and other players who call the Gabba home to promote the Phins game. he is asked about the Walsh suspension starts at the 1 min 55 sec mark and goes until about 4 min and 15 sec mark

Seems a little bit over the top to release a statement.

I think mention it in the presser but then look to move on from there.

I'm guessing Reynolds and Donaghy didnt really have a choice with them promoting the Gabba games, but could probably do without the statement being released on top.

Seems a little bit over the top to release a statement.

I think mention it in the presser but then look to move on from there.

I'm guessing Reynolds and Donaghy didnt really have a choice with them promoting the Gabba games, but could probably do without the statement being released on top.

it pretty much was just mentioned in the presser.

those comments have been taken from ARey when he was questioned about Walsh during the press conference to promote the Dolphins game on the weekend

I love the ****, he gives every percent of his being every game, he might have the ego to match but he earns that ego, he is a proper footballer, like young Alfie he just belongs, as Tommy Raudonikis said back in BRL days with Alfie at Ipswich you want that ego, it shows they give a **** not only about their own performance but as a team player, and he proves that, look who is first to celebrate a try, Walsh is always there.

He is the Modern Aflie but as a fullback, he is just a menace and beyond anyone in his position.

he gives more ***** than any other player you have to respect that.

Walsh is not a could've been a great if he tried hard, he is the real deal, the ego he has proved he has that self belief in his abilities, he is special player whether you want to admit it or not this he has that top tier mentality with the ability to match, we may be witnessing the Goat of the game in real time no joke he just that good.

I love the ****, he gives every percent of his being every game, he might have the ego to match but he earns that ego, he is a proper footballer, like young Alfie he just belongs, as Tommy Raudonikis said back in BRL days with Alfie at Ipswich you want that ego, it shows they give a **** not only about their own performance but as a team player, and he proves that, look who is first to celebrate a try, Walsh is always there.

He is the Modern Aflie but as a fullback, he is just a menace and beyond anyone in his position.

he gives more ***** than any other player you have to respect that.

Walsh is not a could've been a great if he tried hard, he is the real deal, the ego he has proved he has that self belief in his abilities, he is special player whether you want to admit it or not this he has that top tier mentality with the ability to match, we may be witnessing the Goat of the game in real time no joke he just that good.
I’m sure there is absolutely no way this post can age poorly

I’m sure there is absolutely no way this post can age poorly
From all aspects it's impossible, Walsh gives far too many ***** for it to be otherwise, everyone can see it.

He isn't a Milford who just hangs on the talent they have, Walsh is driven as ****.

if he isn't a Bronco for the rest of his career we have failed him.

Can someone clear this up? Tallis and Hooper on Triple M said that Walsh can’t serve a game of his suspension in Origin as he hasn’t been picked yet.
That is different to this article
where we should be able to apply for it to count - it is obvious that he would have been picked.

Can someone clear this up? Tallis and Hooper on Triple M said that Walsh can’t serve a game of his suspension in Origin as he hasn’t been picked yet.
where we should be able to apply for it to count - it is obvious that he would have been picked.
If it doesn’t count, he will be playing.

They’re idiots. Cam Smith was saying how it’s cost him an origin game.

They have to make a submission to the chairman... I'm not sure if they do it on the night, but I'm assuming they should as part of sentencing.

The result should already be known, but this is the absolute farcical nature of the NRL.

If origin is not allowed to be included, then conspiracy against Qld'ers is only increased... he'd be one of the considerations for player of the series if he killed it in game 3.

There was also the below tweet on the night... but nothing else around it so who the **** knows.

The NRL website have him returning in round 21 ... which means Origin is included in the suspension.

The NRL website have him returning in round 21 ... which means Origin is included in the suspension.
So Hooper either knows this and is just trying to stir shit... or hasn't bothered to spend 30sec to confirm and is trying to stir shit up....

And producers of the show not spending 30sec to look it up in order to allow shit to be stirred up... yep sounds like typical NSWRL media

Does this not sound almost like for like for Walsh in current times, they play different positions sure(though I have no doubt Walsh could easily be a 7 as he has a good kicking game), but it's comical how aligned it looks.

Where did you see that? The casualty ward section on the NRL website has him returning round 22.

Surely we can get clarity somewhere…

Where did you see that? The casualty ward section on the NRL website has him returning round 22.

Surely we can get clarity somewhere…

this is screenshot has been taken from NRL.com casualty ward at 9:47 AEST 13/07/2023 ... it's been that way since the day after the judiciary hearing.

Screenshot 2023 07 13 214615

Several media articles have mentioned the 3 games he will miss are Dolphins, Game 3 and Bulldogs.

this is screenshot has been taken from NRL.com casualty ward at 9:47 AEST 13/07/2023 ... it's been that way since the day after the judiciary hearing.

View attachment 23010
Fair enough. It still says that. But this is also currently listed. Not sure I trust either but hoping yours is the right one.

Attachments

• CaptureA.PNG
    CaptureA.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 86

Active Now

• Sproj
  • achievedrap
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Maddy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncoFan94
  • Splinter
  • Bronx48
  • sooticus
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • rj9
  • mystico
  • Bish
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.