PRE-GAME [Round 1, 2024] Roosters vs Broncos in Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sailor has played Fullback, Wing, Centre, Five Eighth and Halfback. He's also come off the bench:

Doesn’t make him a good one. Walters is easily a better half, Smoothy is a better hooker, Mariner is a better outside back and probably at this stage Sailor is only a little bit better than Cobbo at fullback. He makes zero sense to be on that bench in this side. We don’t need a single bit of his spark and his versatility from a bench utility perspective is overrated.

His spark isn’t that sparky. He is a good playmaker with a decent running game that suits playing 80 week in week out for an NRL club or being back up. Not from the bench and certainly not at a club that has more spark than 17thriugh to 3 on the ladder combined. He is a bloke that can make a living off running around and playing a solid spine position member at shit NRL clubs for the next 7 or 8 years. The bloke struggles to not make defensive errors at fullback how will he survive at other positions he is nowhere near as comfortable at. Selwyns played in the middle doesn’t make him a good one. Oatesy has played second row, doesn’t make him a good one.

He really is not that impactful of a player to leave yourself so vulnerable whether that be a hooker short or a forward short. Just not an option. You aren’t giving our team enough credit, we don’t need spark and we don’t need his sorry excuse for versatility. His valuable versatility in my eyes extends about as far as fullback and 5/8. Anywhere else you are desperately plugging a whole after all other options are exhausted. The same way you would be chucking Piakura at centre except that way it’s without leaving your team massively exposed 95% of the time.

Good player awesome back up but reality is if he isn’t starting at fullback or if he was given time to develop a bit more at 6 he isn’t needed in first grade at our club. He is needed as a back up, that’s what he signed as and he very well knows that. His performance the other day really wasn’t that special, it’s the performance you’d want out of him otherwise you’d be playing Cobbo at fullback whenever walshy is out.

I like Tristan I do but you seem to have a vision for Tristan that just isn’t him. This isn’t origin this idea has to stack up week in week out.

You know you need it...trust me:

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Baker
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Willison
17. Sailor

I'm surprised you didn't put Mariner in your side, lol

IMO, you can't carry both Sailor and Smoothy, it would have to be one or the other. So I'd replace Sailor with Jensen (Hunt or Taupau the other contenders).

I'm surprised you didn't put Mariner in your side, lol

IMO, you can't carry both Sailor and Smoothy, it would have to be one or the other. So I'd replace Sailor with Jensen (Hunt or Taupau the other contenders).

Hey even as president of Aquaman's fan club, I'm not blind to just how bad he was on the weekend.

Short answer: no. Long answer: he's on a collision course with Billy for the 14.
You are getting well ahead of yourself there .

Not until we see Tristan play 20 minutes in the middle and shine .
One swallow does not make a Summer . Playing against part timers and looking good chiming in from full back does not equate to 2nd string hooker in the NRL .

Ah ,,, but that is your new chapter in the nepostism saga .It was Kev and Bill against the world . Now it`s Kevvie vs Wendell .

You are getting well ahead of yourself there .

Not until we see Tristan play 20 minutes in the middle and shine .
One swallow does not make a Summer . Playing against part timers and looking good chiming in from full back does not equate to 2nd string hooker in the NRL .

Ah ,,, but that is your new chapter in the nepostism saga .It was Kev and Bill against the world . Now it`s Kevvie vs Wendell .
I like Tristan I do but you seem to have a vision for Tristan that just isn’t him. This isn’t origin this idea has to stack up week in week out.
Kevvie is the one who told the press Tristan could be 14, and everyone can see Mozer is heading to 9. So you figure out the rest.

And Tristan's buying into it:

It's going to be a while before Mozer is ready to start in the NRL as a 9.

I don't care what agenda you're spinning, let's get back to reality for a second.

Kevvie is the one who told the press Tristan could be 14, and everyone can see Mozer is heading to 9. So you figure out the rest.

And Tristan's buying into it:

I highly doubt Tristan is going to play as a bench hooker .
Too many errors in his game to be handling the ball that much .
Bench lock maybe . Then he is in competition with Willison and Hetherington .
But like I already said he needs to play in the frontline and show he can tackle NRL
players consistently . Before any talk of him being back up for any position other than full back .

I highly doubt Tristan is going to play as a bench hooker .
Too many errors in his game to be handling the ball that much .
Bench lock maybe . Then he is in competition with Willison and Hetherington .
But like I already said he needs to play in the frontline and show he can tackle NRL
players consistently . Before any talk of him being back up for any position other than full back .
This is the conversation we had two days ago.

Groundhog-day-1080x610.jpg

Might need to chain up Alfie like a werewolf with the moon waxing full.

Kevvie:

“You would expect them to behave over there. I am confident of that because we’ve had an immaculate last couple of years. No-one from outside the club was involved (in the Reynolds-Carrigan altercation), so all we’ve done is hurt ourselves and the brand rather than the public. It’s very exciting to be part of the NRL’s event in Vegas. Getting away as a group together on a longer-term journey, 15 hours in the air and 10 or 12 days in the US, it’s all new to all of us with new training facilities and living over there in a camp. It’s a good chance for us to bond as a team, but my message to the players is we’re going there to win. We’re taking this seriously and I’m sure the three other teams are feeling the same way ... it won’t be a holiday.”​

I'm going to assume Reynolds and Carrigan will want to make up for embarrassing Kevvie, by taking it out on the Roosters. After that incident, we ain't going to lose now.

I'm going to assume Reynolds and Carrigan will want to make up for embarrassing Kevvie, by taking it out on the Roosters. After that incident, we ain't going to lose now.
Wonder if they will allow the mercy rule for the poor Cows this weekend?

I actually don't think we will romp it in by as much as everyone thinks we will with a near full strength team. I still expect us to win, but it will be closer than expected IMO. And that won't be the end of the world - it's a trial, it doesn't count, we have learned this (or should have) over the past couple of years. I'm anticipating the chicken little's to be out in force though.

I actually don't think we will romp it in by as much as everyone thinks we will with a near full strength team. I still expect us to win, but it will be closer than expected IMO. And that won't be the end of the world - it's a trial, it doesn't count, we have learned this (or should have) over the past couple of years. I'm anticipating the chicken little's to be out in force though.

They were out last weekend .

Predicted team list from News Corp Supercoach (Tom Sangster and Rob Sutherland) just now. I'll be surprised if Mariner and Sailor make the final cut, but I guess they're legit contenders.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 02 14 at 07 59 05 NRL Predicted Teams Round One bolters revealed

Wonder if they will allow the mercy rule for the poor Cows this weekend?

I will definitely be one of the Chicken Littles if we don't put 20 on them. The only wiggle room I can give them is if Madden is woeful.

Predicted team list from News Corp Supercoach (Tom Sangster and Rob Sutherland) just now. I'll be surprised if Mariner and Sailor make the final cut, but I guess they're legit contenders.

View attachment 26052
A large amount of hedging your bets in that one... and even then I think tapau will still make it. I know he isn't the most liked player on this forum but he did his role perfectly last year and we need a bit of experience still, to start the season at least. Willison isn't as sure a bet as I think people are making out, he played the trial well but it was a 2nd string qld cup team, you'd expect most top 30 players to stand out ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Strop
  • Broncorob
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • phoenix
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • pennywisealfie
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.