10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah but I don't think it's any worse then the Warriors home game commentary.....

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm sure he'll be given until the final minute, but the loss of Foran certainly puts a dampener on this match. A lot has been said about the Kiwi International with some media outlets going as far to compare him to Peter Sterling, so his absence will be a huge bearing on the game.

If he does play, expect to see Corey Norman play as a second five-eighth. If the trial is any indication, it appears Arthur will take advantage of Norman's skill-set and have Foran take it to the line to give Norman all the time, space and options possible to weave his magic. A lot has been made of Norman's fitness during the pre-season and you certainly get the feeling that 2016 is now or never for Normie.

He'll receive plenty of assistance from his forward pack who are capable of playing footy in their own right. I'm sure everyone is familiar with Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott, Gower etc. but it's their #17 Kenny Edwards that I'm going to be keeping a close eye on. Edwards missed all of last season but looked very impressive in the trial, running freely and always looking to do something with the ball. He could be a real difference maker for the Eels, especially if the Broncos struggle to wrap him up and allow him to play the ball quickly. With players like him, Terepo, Gower, Takairangi (who plays like an extra second row) expect some nice interchange of passing, good foot-work and some unique line running.

Outside of that, I'm really interested to see some of the off-season changes in play. There seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding the regulated shot-clocks, but I personally like the consistency of the rule and doubt teams will risk the penalty. If nothing else, it should speed the game up, as should the introduction of the Bunker. Based on initial impressions, it appears as if the new set-up will give video referees more confidence and they'll take a lot less time to get the footage they want. It will give us a sharper product and a more satisfying experience overall.

FaceOfMutiny

FaceOfMutiny

QCup Player
Nov 7, 2013
Omg I forgot. BRONCOS LIVE IN HD! FINALLY!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm sure he'll be given until the final minute, but the loss of Foran certainly puts a dampener on this match. A lot has been said about the Kiwi International with some media outlets going as far to compare him to Peter Sterling, so his absence will be a huge bearing on the game.

If he does play, expect to see Corey Norman play as a second five-eighth. If the trial is any indication, it appears Arthur will take advantage of Norman's skill-set and have Foran take it to the line to give Norman all the time, space and options possible to weave his magic. A lot has been made of Norman's fitness during the pre-season and you certainly get the feeling that 2016 is now or never for Normie.

He'll receive plenty of assistance from his forward pack who are capable of playing footy in their own right. I'm sure everyone is familiar with Ma'u, Moeroa, Scott, Gower etc. but it's their #17 Kenny Edwards that I'm going to be keeping a close eye on. Edwards missed all of last season but looked very impressive in the trial, running freely and always looking to do something with the ball. He could be a real difference maker for the Eels, especially if the Broncos struggle to wrap him up and allow him to play the ball quickly. With players like him, Terepo, Gower, Takairangi (who plays like an extra second row) expect some nice interchange of passing, good foot-work and some unique line running.

Outside of that, I'm really interested to see some of the off-season changes in play. There seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding the regulated shot-clocks, but I personally like the consistency of the rule and doubt teams will risk the penalty. If nothing else, it should speed the game up, as should the introduction of the Bunker. Based on initial impressions, it appears as if the new set-up will give video referees more confidence and they'll take a lot less time to get the footage they want. It will give us a sharper product and a more satisfying experience overall.

So considering Foran's named as halfback, who is the first five-eighth? ;)

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yeah, yeah but typically modern five eighths stay on their side of the field - I'm talking about him playing the Darius Boyd role where he's like another five eighth for the Broncos.

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
"Broncos are probably the benchmark side so they're not going to give (field position) to us easily," Parramatta coach Brad Arthur said.

This guy has been watching the wrong tapes i think.

Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Dec 6, 2015
If kickoff is at 7.05 but ch9 aren't starting their coverage until 7.00 then it is probably going to be a delayed telecast I would think. They will surely bullshit on for more than 5 minutes and the whole thing is scheduled to finish at 9.30 which is nearly an hour after the game finishes. I will have to turn the phone off so I don't get score updates.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
that's a better attitude,
go broncos,

What's your problem lol, me sharing my tip for the game isn't having a bad attitude. Stop being childish please.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If kickoff is at 7.05 but ch9 aren't starting their coverage until 7.00 then it is probably going to be a delayed telecast I would think. They will surely bullshit on for more than 5 minutes and the whole thing is scheduled to finish at 9.30 which is nearly an hour after the game finishes. I will have to turn the phone off so I don't get score updates.

It's live. You're correct in saying that Nine is starting coverage 5-10 minutes before kick-off, that's been the case on virtually every Thursday night game.

Pre-Game on Fox Sports starts at 6:30pm.

H

HVbronco

NYC Player
Oct 30, 2013
Don't care about HD or not but channel 9 won't be playing in my house this year. Can't stand Gus and Rabs and Johns.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

games very rarely kick of on time ... usually 5-10 minutes late ...

but I don't care if 9 start their coverage as the players are running out

Blox_party87

Blox_party87

BRL Player
Aug 31, 2011
Broncs by 10
Eden to score a try close to the line
CP to have a perfect night with the boot
Ben Hunt MoM

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Broncs by 10
Eden to score a try close to the line
CP to have a perfect night with the boot
Ben Hunt MoM

I imagine he'd have to be pretty close to the line to score a try!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
While it's good news for the Broncos, I must admit Foran's scratching hurts the match as a spectacle.

Oh well, hopefully the Broncos can produce some razzle dazzle to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.