Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
no clue. usually stay at the mecure though. The Mrs and I will be in the away bay. Thinking must have been a few people coming from out of town. seems close to selling out. all the good tickets were gone lol.

Bronx cows games in Townsville usually sell out. Have had my tickets for 3 months.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I'd be focusing the attack at Morgan, O'Neill and Lowe on their right hand edge. Reckon Glenn and Milford might be good for meat pies....

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I'd be focusing the attack at Morgan, O'Neill and Lowe on their right hand edge. Reckon Glenn and Milford might be good for meat pies....

If Milford is on his game like he was last week, him and Boyd will tear that Cowboys edge a new arsehole.

I do think we're capable of winning, we just need to come out with the same intensity that we showed the Roosters, another game we were considered a big danger of losing. We've already smashed the Cowboys once this year, and yes they have definitely improved since then, but so have we.

This will be as close as the derby always has been.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Origin spots are up for grabs, but the Cowboys only have Thurston and Scott in the Qld side, and Tamou in the NSW side. Considering all of them just played for Australia, you'd think that they're quite comfortable in being picked for their states. The only smokey is Morgan.

Ben Hunt would be a more likely candidate than Morgan, but they cancel each other out anyway. With Hodges, Parker, Thaiday and Boyd all assured, we still have McGuire gunning for his first jersey, and Gillett trying not to lose his.

IMO we have more to play for when it comes to impressing for Origin.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Origin spots are up for grabs, but the Cowboys only have Thurston and Scott in the Qld side, and Tamou in the NSW side. Considering all of them just played for Australia, you'd think that they're quite comfortable in being picked for their states. The only smokey is Morgan.

Ben Hunt would be a more likely candidate than Morgan, but they cancel each other out anyway. With Hodges, Parker, Thaiday and Boyd all assured, we still have McGuire gunning for his first jersey, and Gillett trying not to lose his.

IMO we have more to play for when it comes to impressing for Origin.

I agree Morkel but remember, McG isn't there.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Our defense is certainly good enough to hold out the cows and we can score points but I'm hoping we do a much better job of not conceding so many easy meters and giving them chances at our end like we did with the Panthers.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our defense is certainly good enough to hold out the cows and we can score points but I'm hoping we do a much better job of not conceding so many easy meters and giving them chances at our end like we did with the Panthers.

This. This is the key. If we let Scott and Tamou e.g. get a roll on, JT fires up and Morgan keeps improving, and Cooper & Granville play well, they will tear us a new arsehole up the middle.

Like the Roosters, this is one game where we need to control the middle. We did it then, we have to do it again.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Scared going into this game without any real leg drive in the forwards. We are going to have to play with mobility as i see blair and Thaiday playing a similar style (hard in d, mobile and ball playing at the line rather than hitting it hard and driving forward)

Wallace is maybe the only prop in this team to really do that. Molo needs to offer something and step up, otherwise i see us losing control of this before players like Nikorima even get a chance to do something.

I see a big game from parker. Going to be gallant.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Scared going into this game without any real leg drive in the forwards. We are going to have to play with mobility as i see blair and Thaiday playing a similar style (hard in d, mobile and ball playing at the line rather than hitting it hard and driving forward)

Wallace is maybe the only prop in this team to really do that. Molo needs to offer something and step up, otherwise i see us losing control of this before players like Nikorima even get a chance to do something.

I see a big game from parker. Going to be gallant.

Great post. This is how to win, letting the ball do the work.

And some set plays - I still can't forget the fantastic 1st try v Dragons: Macca>Hunt>Gillett turning full around>Hodges>Vidot = try.

It would be so good to see some combinations between Hunt and Gillett, Milford and Glenn, and linking to the backs

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
I'm expecting Parker to be on point with his goal kicking tonight. And for us to take the 2 points is given the opertunity early.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't mind the decision to let Granville go. We have a solid starting hooker in Macca who gets through a mountain of work in defence and Nikorima the elder is doing a pretty bang up job injecting some spark late in the game. I wouldn't shunt Macca for Granny and giving Kodi game time helps his development and possibly in keeping him.
Plus as I recall Jake wanted to be a starting hooker and this has given him a chance. God knows the Cowboys have needed a decent hooker since they let Segeyaro walk for whatever reason.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm also fine with Jake leaving, he's a handy player, no doubt, but McCullough is still better overall I think.

Also gives as an opportunity to open up a bench utility spot for Nikorima, maybe down the track Jayden or Parcell.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Maybe I'm the only one, but I didn't mind the decision to let Granville go. We have a solid starting hooker in Macca who gets through a mountain of work in defence and Nikorima the elder is doing a pretty bang up job injecting some spark late in the game. I wouldn't shunt Macca for Granny and giving Kodi game time helps his development and possibly in keeping him. Plus as I recall Jake wanted to be a starting hooker and this has given him a chance. God knows the Cowboys have needed a decent hooker since they let Segeyaro walk for whatever reason.

Good post. McCullough is solid but that's about all there is to it. Granville is clearly a starting hooker so he would have been wasted on the bench if he stayed. I do like what Nikorima is bringing to the team.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Look , as much as i fear the possibility of JT tearing us a new one, i really think this match up has the potential to be a tremendous point scoring affair. I feel both sides will be on attacking fire, and there should be plenty of points coming from each team, with an early prediction from myself of at least 40 points scored in the game total. I feel we will also see a return to form from big Matty Scott, with our forwards having their work cut out to keep him from eating up the metres, particular in the first 20 minutes of each half. Final thoughts? Broncos to get up in a close one - 24 to 20.

Enjoy the game lads an carnnnn boys youse can do this thang!!!! :)

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Broncorob
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • scobie
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.