Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Looking forward to seeing the boys run out in a decent jersey for a change tonight. Just finished watching quite a moving interview with the Pearl on NRL.com.

Racism is such an insideous cancer in our society. Wishing all our Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander boys as much luck as the Souths boys last night. Go the Broncos!
Not to give him any more oxygen, butspeaking of the Indigenous Round, it honestly made me vomit in my mouth last night listening to Gorden Tallis wax lyrical about the great Indigenous players he played alongside at the Dragons.

Not because I begrudge him remembering those blokes fondly or that they were not deserving of his praise and recognition, far from it. But it was almost like he was using the segment to try to retcon his whole career now to reinforce the idea that he was just a Dragon because he played three seasons there (and left in a huge controversy to come to us) and there was basically no acknowledgement of his nearly 10 years as a Bronco, the club where he was (unless I'm mistaken) our first Indigenous Captain and he also played alongside a host of absolutely incredible Indigenous players.

It was utterly cringe worthy watching him seemingly attempt to wipe 80% of his career from the history books regardless of what he achieved as an Indigenous player in that time just because he can't bare to be associated with the Broncos these days.

Last edited:
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
If this turns into another 40+ flogging, I think this will be Seibold's last game.
We have been saying that for weeks. He is safe till the end of the year (unless he quits). He won't survive the off season though unless they go on a miraculous run leading to premiership glory which will then lead to a decade of dominance not seen before in the sport enabling him to become the first coach to be named as an Immortal. It can happen. Just ask Wolfie.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Many Sharks fans on LU are inexplicably worried about this game.

They're staring at that stat about not beating us since 2016 and are getting jittery. Seibold does nothing except break those sorts of records.

Having said that, I do have a multi on which includes us

Broncos 1 - 12
Kotoni Staggs anytime tryscorer
Canberra 1 - 12

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
We have been saying that for weeks. He is safe till the end of the year (unless he quits). He won't survive the off season though unless they go on a miraculous run leading to premiership glory which will then lead to a decade of dominance not seen before in the sport enabling him to become the first coach to be named as an Immortal. It can happen. Just ask Wolfie.
I think the current intention is to assess him at seasons end AND give him 10-12 games in 21. If still a bust it will be the sack.
However, if there's zero change between now and this season's end then a review will quickly confirm his immediate removal.
I don't think we will be watching much more rugby league this year. That might save him.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm all for giving Paix a rest but you are bringing in TWO different hookers. If you are going to rest Paix, fine but do it next week. Give Turps at least a week to get back to form / bring back in Luke. But hey, this is just what I would do and I've probably thought more about it than the coach in the last two minutes.

Let's have a confidence sesh!

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
ACTUAL OCCURENCES AT "CONFIDENCE SESSION":

Milford practicing short drop outs, but kicking them out on the full every time... Seibs: 'That's it Milly! Effort is there, proud of you mate'

Patrick Carrigan is dilligently on all fours searching the field for a 4-leaf clover as instructed by the coach

Tevita can't find his boots, is suspended for 3 games by the NRL for inability to provide adeuqate footwear for training.

Fifita is sitting with the rehab group wearing a new Patek Philippe using Clag paste to stick cutouts of his head onto old photos of Gorden Tallis and grinning... Haas is watching with interest.

Boyd hides behind the goalpost pads, attempting to conceal himself entirely from any onlookers, he sticks his head out periodically to make exotic bird calls before returning to his hiding spot.

Croft loudly protests that he, is not in fact injured, as a group of masked men wearing 'I <3 Seibs' t-shirts on chase him around the stands with lead pipes attempting to make contact with his shoulder

Lodge, with his leg attached only with strapping, is instructed to practice conversions over and over again... Seibs: '2.8% of the top front rowers in the world kicked a conversion in their final game'

Niu is in tears of joy, embracing his newly found 'Facebook father' he never knew he had on the sidelines.

Dearden is handcuffed and blindfolded to the posts on the far side of the field wearing a ball gag and disallowed from participating at all.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I'm all for giving Paix a rest but you are bringing in TWO different hookers. If you are going to rest Paix, fine but do it next week. Give Turps at least a week to get back to form / bring back in Luke. But hey, this is just what I would do and I've probably thought more about it than the coach in the last two minutes.

Let's have a confidence sesh!

Why not just let turps kick a few drop goals for confidence?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I would like to think we can win.

But the reality of the situation is, we’re going to make Woods look like the next Arthur Beetson and Shaun Johnson the next Andrew Johns.

We’re going to be in for a long night.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
ACTUAL OCCURENCES AT "CONFIDENCE SESSION":

Milford practicing short drop outs, but kicking them out on the full every time... Seibs: 'That's it Milly! Effort is there, proud of you mate'

Patrick Carrigan is dilligently on all fours searching the field for a 4-leaf clover as instructed by the coach

Tevita can't find his boots, is suspended for 3 games by the NRL for inability to provide adeuqate footwear for training.

Fifita is sitting with the rehab group wearing a new Patek Philippe using Clag paste to stick cutouts of his head onto old photos of Gorden Tallis and grinning... Haas is watching with interest.

Boyd hides behind the goalpost pads, attempting to conceal himself entirely from any onlookers, he sticks his head out periodically to make exotic bird calls before returning to his hiding spot.

Croft loudly protests that he, is not in fact injured, as a group of masked men wearing 'I <3 Seibs' t-shirts on chase him around the stands with lead pipes attempting to make contact with his shoulder

Lodge, with his leg attached only with strapping, is instructed to practice conversions over and over again... Seibs: '2.8% of the top front rowers in the world kicked a conversion in their final game'

Niu is in tears of joy, embracing his newly found 'Facebook father' he never knew he had on the sidelines.

Dearden is handcuffed and blindfolded to the posts on the far side of the field wearing a ball gag and disallowed from participating at all.
Sounds like a normal day in paradise.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Des Hasler pointing out that the refs are clamping down on the 10 metre rule this round. Hope to god Pies is well aware of this as the first ten minutes it will be the first team to transgress that will get caned. Not good for us with our recent history of dropping our bundle as soon as things get tough.

He needs to ensure we are squeaky clean for the first 4 or 5 sets at least (looking at you Turps).

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
They're staring at that stat about not beating us since 2016 and are getting jittery. Seibold does nothing except break those sorts of records.

Having said that, I do have a multi on which includes us

Broncos 1 - 12
Kotoni Staggs anytime tryscorer
Canberra 1 - 12
Oooohhh, I like that. I might join you.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • broncoscope
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Alec
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.