10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
The Tigers team is obviously outmatched against our best side, but against tonight's team - I see it as a 50/50 game. I see the odds makers have the Tigers at $4s. Crazy price.

Hopefully we can nick an important two points.

Last edited:
B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Very excited to see a glimpse of the future. I'm really keen to see Ofahengaue start. He is definitely a workhorse front rower who can play long, long minutes. It will be good for him to get more game time. Can't wait for Su'a. He is a special player, and just being exposed to the NRL when he's only so young will help his development. Hopefully Arrow gets an extended period on the field.

Also, on a sidenote, one crucial thing I took away from the Cowboys match was that we need someone like Taumalolo to take us to the next level. He's carries were immense in getting the Cowboys on the front foot. He pretty much single-handedly turned the momentum in their favour. For such a big man, he has phenomenal footwork, speed and agility, and he is just so tough to bring down.

Our current players are more workman like, who are smaller, agile and can play long minutes, rather than possessing brute strength and power in short bursts. We do need someone who can scatter blokes out of the way in a 15 metre long carry and can produce a fast play the ball for Milford and Hunt to play off, the way Taumalolo can.

The only other player currently in the comp, who is similar and is capable of producing Taumalolo like runs is Rooster's Sio Siua Taukeiaho. I'm a huge fan of him, and if he were on the market, I'd snap him up in a heartbeat. With constant talk of Hayne and potentially SBW joing the Roosters after the Olympics, surely they'll have to make room in the cap. I'd definitely take him off their hands.

As for Tevita Pangai Jr, there is huge hype surrounding him and rightly so. He is a monster. Already 6 foot 3 and 113 kg at such a young age, but can he develop into a destructive ball runner, in a similar vein to Taumalolo? I know he has a good skill set and can pass like a half-back, but hopefully he doesn't try to be a ball player, similar to other huge players like Dave Taylor or T-Rex.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well I think tonights game should be a fair bit more open than last week, hopefully we can get Roberts into the action. If we stop the points we should be able to score more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.