Kick-Off: 7:30pm
Broadcast: Fox Sports 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Could be a very different team we field for this game, 3 days after Origin II - Parker & Thaiday due for a rest - McCullough, Reed, Glenn, Kahu & Su'A potentially all expecting several weeks on the sidelines, Eden & Maranta both failing miserably in their opportunities this season.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Seve
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Waddell
10. Blair (c)
11. Pangai Jr
12. Gillett
13. Arrow

14. Wallace
15. Ese'ese
16. Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

Could be something like this.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Weighing up whether I should go to this...

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Bring on the new blood.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
I don't rate the Bulldogs. My only concern is their forwards but their halves are awful.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Will be seeing if my Sydney attendance curse ***** us again, already got my tickets for this one.
Shame it's not being played on Sunday, that would've helped.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
The dogs pack will be trouble for our rookie forwards.

Also our backline will be a mess if Reed and Kahu are out.

1. Boyd
2. Oates (if he backs up)/Maranta
3. Whitchurch/Opaciac
4. Roberts
5. Eden (ugh)

Hopefully Wayne gives Anderson or Seve a chance over Eden. Whitchurch is more likely to start because Wayne likes him.

You never know, maybe he will take a risk. Guess we've got a week and a half of speculation ahead of us.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The dogs pack will be trouble for our rookie forwards.

Also our backline will be a mess if Reed and Kahu are out.

1. Boyd
2. Oates (if he backs up)/Maranta
3. Whitchurch/Opaciac
4. Roberts
5. Eden (ugh)

Hopefully Wayne gives Anderson or Seve a chance over Eden. Whitchurch is more likely to start because Wayne likes him.

You never know, maybe he will take a risk. Guess we've got a week and a half of speculation ahead of us.

go out back and practice falling down ... i'll be there in a minute :takdir:

but seriously even in an injury crisis, Whitchurch shouldn't be playing NRL and neither should Eden IMO. we would be better off giving a couple of rookies some experience than selecting those two, besides the rookies couldn't play any worse

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
go out back and practice falling down ... i'll be there in a minute :takdir:

but seriously even in an injury crisis, Whitchurch shouldn't be playing NRL and neither should Eden IMO. we would be better off giving a couple of rookies some experience than selecting those two, besides the rookies couldn't play any worse

I like to think that way but then again, why would Bennet pick Eden and Maranta in front of the other guys.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I like to think that way but then again, why would Bennet pick Eden and Maranta in front of the other guys.

Maranta had done the job asked of him every other time Bennett picked him. Except for that game against the Warriors.

Last time Maranta performed like that was in the Storm game at Suncorp in 2014 and he bounced back from that with a solid performance.

Bennett probably feels the rookies are not ready and throwing them in the deep end too early could destroy them and hinder their development.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I kinda hope Boyd, McGuire and Parker will be rested this time. All too important to risk. I doubt Boyd will be though unless McCullough is back so Nikorima can play somewhere in the backs.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
So we don't have centre for bulldog game. If Wayne don't want any rookie at that game. Why don't Eden play centre position. He is not gone play as bad as centre as compare to on the wings. If any rookie need to make debut it's should be opacic. Let see what wayne do?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I wonder if Reed has had surgery yet
They might postpone it for the greater benefit of the team

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I kinda hope Boyd, McGuire and Parker will be rested this time. All too important to risk. I doubt Boyd will be though unless McCullough is back so Nikorima can play somewhere in the backs.

If those 3 get rested, with McCollough, Reed, Glenn and Kahu out, we'll lose by 40.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
You know what pisses me off the most about this game scheduling
1. QLD have a home origin and then we make our players travel to Sydney so therefor miss on a heap of people who would have stayed for the weekend game
2. We play Saturday night then get to watch two teams with a combined origin player count of 1 in the Titans/Raider game on Sunday. There will be up to 8 if not more origin players in our game including the dogs players

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
You know what pisses me off the most about this game scheduling
1. QLD have a home origin and then we make our players travel to Sydney so therefor miss on a heap of people who would have stayed for the weekend game
2. We play Saturday night then get to watch two teams with a combined origin player count of 1 in the Titans/Raider game on Sunday. There will be up to 8 if not more origin players in our game including the dogs players

The NZ game was by far the most incompetently scheduled game of the season imo. It's like the NRL manufacture a Warriors 'purple patch' during the Origin period by having them face heavily impacted sides.

Keen to see how Opacic goes, hopefully Su'A is back.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Opacic- defence is strong and he’s actually creating movements and tries now- been impressed with how that side of his game as evolved this season. He created line breaks and tries against Mackay. While keeping his own attacking play up.

Seve- defence has been strong and he’s offloading now for some reason. He doesn’t get involved for Souths enough from dummy half. Love to see him get out of there more.

Anderson- Been all over the place, wing, fullback and bench hooker- was great against Hunters, good try last week but amongst all that is little mistakes. Still leading the try scorers and points scorers and line breaks for Jets.

They're all pretty even I'd say; any of them would be a risk.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Opacic- defence is strong and he’s actually creating movements and tries now- been impressed with how that side of his game as evolved this season. He created line breaks and tries against Mackay. While keeping his own attacking play up.

Seve- defence has been strong and he’s offloading now for some reason. He doesn’t get involved for Souths enough from dummy half. Love to see him get out of there more.

Anderson- Been all over the place, wing, fullback and bench hooker- was great against Hunters, good try last week but amongst all that is little mistakes. Still leading the try scorers and points scorers and line breaks for Jets.

They're all pretty even I'd say; any of them would be a risk.

Who would you choose out of those three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.