Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

What was the press conference like? I hope he didn’t give them a pass. I also hope he questioned the challenge.
He reminds me a bit of Hook in press conferences. Big caring school teacher vibes.

He diplomatically questioned the challenge when asked about it saying he didn’t understand how they came to the conclusion and that what they said didn’t match the infield decision. He didn’t give them a pass, going as far as to call out Dearden for his defensive errors and inability to move on from errors quickly. He gave credit where it was due without accepting the loss.

Gentle always impressed me when he speaks about the team.

Last edited:
Technically at the time he signed he was, but anyway, I'll be honest most of the million dollar players don't impress me. Foran, Milf, Taylor, DCE, Hunt. Probably more I can't be bothered coming up with currently. Even Bird if the more outlandish rumours are to be believed doesn't even get on the field. We're not the only team with a million dollar underperformer and to be honest I'm happier we paid Taylor that money then DCE (massively overrated in my opinion). Look how trash manly are without Turbo. Actually yes put me down for DCE as your answer as some will agree he is worth it.

That's besides the point, no one is claiming you are the first to give out million dollar contracts. The consensus is that they are an awful idea both for the cap and for the impact and pressure it has on these young players. What is more baffling is the fact that the Titans got to see exactly how poorly it goes with the guys like Bird, Milford, Taylor etc. and still said "yep let's do that, but worse!"

OMG that Broncos challenge call. Sooooo dumb. Man. How did the video ref not just say "I mean, successful"? The ref didn't even listen to what the Bunker said. Just wanted a yes/no answer. Very bad. But it is ok because Annesley will come out and say "we got that wrong" and everything will be totally fine, right?

I guarantee he won't even address it because the media won't blow up about it so he will have no need.

also, where is our next coach....why are we wasting valuable game time for no good reason..?

Why dont we have someone in who can start the process of resetting the joint for 2021?

Why is Fifita playing edge over guys who are reasonably expected to replace him next year....?

Why do we compound our dumb shit by doing even more..?

Welcome to the Broncos 2020 I guess..?

All these negative comments about the new rules, etc Vlandys is going to blacklist our forum because we don’t agree everything about the man is a halo and he is the most saintly of people to ever walk the earth.

Totally agree. Shy of 2 weeks without Pies and we actually didn't look totally lost. We made errors, defended them fairly well. We actually pushed them pretty hard - they made errors through good defensive efforts. We had a couple of lucky calls - but so did they. I thought that was a respectable performance.

We play like that for the rest of the year, we definitely don't win the spoon.

We are, sadly IMO, definite spoon contenders precisely because last night, we did match them on all metrics except the key ones: go forward, and we just don't do enough with the ball. We don't give ourselves sufficient opportunities to score and put ourselves under constant pressure from not enough momentum, not enough ball movement, not enough field position and of course what contributes to that, a poor kicking game, largely because our kicks are to get out of our half and not to attack in their red zone.

Our completion rate was the same as their. But, their run metres were nearly double ours, post contact metres nearly double ours, they threw nearly twice as many passes as us, and in the 10 minutes more possession they had, they ran the ball 57 times more than us, and made 13 metres per set more than us. No wonder we get gassed.

So as I see it, we both gave them more chances to do more with the ball and we didn't give ourselves anywhere near enough opportunities to do the same. Our halves have no opportunities. There is no platform for that from our forwards.

They threw up 11 bombs to our 2, and had 7 grubbers to our 2. Our kicks were to get our of trouble, theirs were to create trouble. They did so much more with the ball than we did.

It was a real credit to our defence in the above circumstances that kept us in the game. When we do get some momentum, when our halves see the ball with a bit of shape in attack, we score some great tries. Just never near enough of them.

You can't win a game on the back foot. If we play the one out running, minimal ball movement game against the Titans, they will win. Our stats against them earlier this season had the same pattern as the ones above in this game. It is what describes our game - always on the back foot. It is one of a number of common threads about our game this year. At least our errors have decreased a lot and our defence is a whole lot better.

Also, our oldest forward is 25. They have Tamou at 31 and Tetevano at 29. While their team is as young as ours, they have experience where it counts, and quality halves who capitalise on the metres they make, like all the top sides.

Last edited:
Peter Gentle revealed he ditched most of Seibold's game plan and the players appreciated the simplified module of playing for each other in defence. The improved scoreline margin was telling.

That may well be true except the one consequence of that game plan which counts. Go forward, and doing things with the ball.

That may well be true except the one consequence of that game plan which counts. Go forward, and doing things with the ball.
Hopefully the last few weeks this year we relearn how to defend as a team. The next incoming coach can work on the attack, with at least some kind of basis of defence to build on. The players can get some semblance of confidence in their ability to make a tackle.

That's what I assume Gentle has been told to do with this year. Strip it all back.

Hopefully the last few weeks this year we relearn how to defend as a team. The next incoming coach can work on the attack, with at least some kind of basis of defence to build on. The players can get some semblance of confidence in their ability to make a tackle.

That's what I assume Gentle has been told to do with this year. Strip it all back.

I agree about the attack, however our issues with go forward also apply to our defence, how we defend. We just don't build pressure in attack or defence.

Can I just say though, Kennar just continues to impress. He had another very strong showing. I’d be happy for him to continue there into next year.

He should be our regular winger with Coates. I think he is excellent. Good under the high ball, tries hard, runs hard ... and, with that, Herbie at centre or for mine, worth a try in the pre-season at FB to see if he has a passing game

Improved effort in defence from our lads. Whether the Panther were abit lethargic from the short turn around or were just going through the motions still a better showing from the Broncs.
Crucial turnover from the captain, gifted them the field position and points to let Panthers finish that 1st half in the lead. Otherwise our 1st half was solid yet again.

Funny no one mentions Dearden having a shocker apart from that Riki short ball.
His not so strong kicks were always easily caught on the full by Edwards. His failed arm grab on Luai created uncertainty and produced the 1st try. Was run over on more than a few occasions and in attack just needed to pass the ball more quicker to the outside instead of holding on to the ball a bit too long.
After the games I've witnessed, the comparisons to Langer or Lockyer are just far fetched. IMO he's in the DCE mould, always scheming, always busy ball player with a solid kicking game but weaker boot.
Definitely worth persisting with but shouldn't be shoo-in if Croft or SOS can adequately cover his deficiencies or if he derps it on the regular.

Last edited:
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.