Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I know people are pissed off with Fifita (so am I) but I really don't think we should stand him down, we still have to pay him so might as well get some work out of him.
As to looking to the future well if we don't play him our future might be the spoon in 3 weeks.

I'm not pissed at him, definitely disappointed to lose him, but I get why he decided to go.
I want him not picked because I think it's best for the 2021 Broncos, that's it - not anger not spite, nothing else.
But if the aim is what's best for the 2020 Broncos, that would be avoiding the spoon, and yeah then you'd play him for sure.
I'd like to avoid the spoon, but I'm more interested in being competitive for 2021, than being 'less awful' in 2020 - the difference being 16th and last or being 15th and everyone knowing only dumb luck stopped you from being 16th.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I know people are pissed off with Fifita (so am I) but I really don't think we should stand him down, we still have to pay him so might as well get some work out of him.
As to looking to the future well if we don't play him our future might be the spoon in 3 weeks.

Sadly, I agree. Used properly out wide, which we aren't because we have no go forward, and therefore no depth or width to our shapes, he is destructive, a weapon, irrespective what one things of his defection.

For mine, one of the most positive things for our future, for next year in the context of of our young squad, is both to win, and to avoid the spoon. The last thing we need is the spoon as some kind of motivation to do better.

We really, really need to start winning, the best motivator

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
With a Test batting average of 99.94, bloody oath.

This was the punch line I thought I had set up an opening for.......

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Aside from the ridiculous suspension for Riki, I don't want him starting yet as he is still a kid. These kids, no matter how talented they are, need to start earning starting spots with repeat gun efforts like the best sides do and our side used to do. I'm not saying this because of Riki, I'm saying this because of the principle that there are too many entitled kids in this squad who all think they should be starting but haven't earned it. The problem is compounded by Fifita getting $1.25 million without having earned really just over half that.
He won't start next year anyway, will be TPJ and Glenn.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I'm not pissed at him, definitely disappointed to lose him, but I get why he decided to go.
I want him not picked because I think it's best for the 2021 Broncos, that's it - not anger not spite, nothing else.
But if the aim is what's best for the 2020 Broncos, that would be avoiding the spoon, and yeah then you'd play him for sure.
I'd like to avoid the spoon, but I'm more interested in being competitive for 2021, than being 'less awful' in 2020 - the difference being 16th and last or being 15th and everyone knowing only dumb luck stopped you from being 16th.
How is it best for 2021 , the only other person we can bring into the forwards is Oates. Our injuries and suspensions are crippling us , so he needs to be there.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
How is it best for 2021 , the only other person we can bring into the forwards is Oates. Our injuries and suspensions are crippling us , so he needs to be there.
Ya know, I honestly thought about putting a disclaimer in my post regarding "if" it's the best thing for 21 :)

I definitely agree that if it does not serve the purpose of helping us prepare for 21, he might as well play.

My belief that we should not play him and be looking to the future is a generic belief, that must be held in tension with the reality of who is available to play.

Last edited:
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I see the NswRL has conceded the 10 in the bin during the Warriors game was folly, funnily enough there is no mention of the bunker and the ref getting a call totally wrong during our game.

Sounds like the name of a dodgy English pub 'The Bunker and the Ref'. Or maybe the title of a poor B-listed comedy.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I see the NswRL has conceded the 10 in the bin during the Warriors game was folly, funnily enough there is no mention of the bunker and the ref getting a call totally wrong during our game.

Sounds like the name of a dodgy English pub 'The Bunker and the Ref'. Or maybe the title of a poor B-listed comedy.

didn't the Tevaga punch the Eels player

and doesn't a punch still mean an automatic 10 in the bin

Strop

Strop

NRL Player
Contributor
Feb 28, 2015

Carry On Up The Bunker.

Tristan1990

Tristan1990

QCup Player
Sep 29, 2016
Everyone seems to have forgotten this point. Hopefully we have more room to move next round and maybe Fifi will feel inclined to do something if we get closer to the line.
NRL now saying hes out until round 20 two weeks suspension

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Wasn't the Bunker that place where the remnants of the 3rd Reich continued to decide who lives and who dies? Apt

Unread

Active Now

• Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.