10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If we lose this game we'll drop to seventh on the ladder if raiders beat Knights. Fmd seventh... I can't believe it.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
To be honest, I think we are a pretty good chance of winning it. No Munster or Green for the Storm. Us coming off a big loss. McCullough back (I still don't rate him that highly, but he's an infinite improvement to what we've had so far). Hopefully Gillett wakes up too.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
If we don't win this week, it is no big deal as long as we show huge improvement. BUT if we get flogged this week, the writing is on the wall. IF we win this week, we will win the premiership, that's my big call.

I like it.

This is a statement game, play with heart for 80 mins or plod your way to a straight sets exit boys.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Why does praise for Macca and his affect on the team have to be taken as a slight against Waddell?

Waddell has far exceeded nearly everyone's expectations I would imagine and has done his best to cover for Macca during his absence. He hasn't shirked the work and has been more than adequate. I was never against him as the depth signing he is and am happy that he has changed some peoples minds.

For all of the great work Waddell has done that doesn't take away from the class and leadership Macca brings, and the combinations he, hunt and Milford have already formed. Add to that the confidence that he would bring to these guys and the rest of the team and he is a big in.

Why Huge has taken any of this as a slight against Waddell and felt the need to appoint himself as the defender of a guy that doesn't need defending is beyond me.
I hadn't taken any offence nor was I defending Waddell with any great vigour. If you had read the earlier post from Foordy who was essentially calling me out you may have understood my response. When Waddell first fumbled his way in that first half of football he was roundly criticised on this forum with many posters declaring he wasn't good enough ,even for reserve grade ! What didn't happen after his later performances was those same posters putting their hands up and at least conceding he was first grade standard. If the Broncos were winning through that period I doubt there would be much fuss made about Macca and his return. I love an underdog and even better when they prove the clever ones wrong as Waddell has done.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Well let's hope the Broncos can do tonight what they did in 2009 when they finally decided to pull their heads out.

They went up against one of the premiership favourites and the minor premiers and put in one of their best defensive displays in their history.

Against their bogey side I should add.

IIRC, that win against the Dragons in 2009 was their first win since 2005..

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Expecting a win. I've only been able to hold my son twice since he was born, first time was the Friday we beat Manly and the second time was on June 1st when Qld got up, and I'm able to go in this arvo so we've pretty much got this in the bag!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Expecting a win. I've only been able to hold my son twice since he was born, first time was the Friday we beat Manly and the second time was on June 1st when Qld got up, and I'm able to go in this arvo so we've pretty much got this in the bag!

Hold him tighter than ever before!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'll be telling him the hopes and dreams of BHQ rest on his little shoulders...

Oh god, the poor boy, fortunately he won't know precisely how desperate we all are.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Whether we win or lose, I think this will be indicative of where out season is headed.

We're mathematically able to make top four either way, but we've had a good rest and are putting forward a solid side.

Storm are the competition benchmark in my opinion. If we can compete strongly, then I believe we can string together some good wins and come home strong.

On the other hand, should we put in another lacklustre performance, I think we'll continue to slide,and need to start looking to next year.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Whether we win or lose, I think this will be indicative of where out season is headed.

We're mathematically able to make top four either way, but we've had a good rest and are putting forward a solid side.

Storm are the competition benchmark in my opinion. If we can compete strongly, then I believe we can string together some good wins and come home strong.

On the other hand, should we put in another lacklustre performance, I think we'll continue to slide,and need to start looking to next year.

Spot on, they needed some confidence going into the origin period(which they had last year)...didn't happen, have now slid further during origin making tonight make or break. As others have said, a strong performance tonight will go a long way... A dismal performance tonight and I'll be looking forward to 2017

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Saw glimpses of form last week from a few of the players including Hunts kicking game and Milford and Hunt linking up was pretty special... I reckon the boys will be up for this one. I just hope we don't get dragged into a grind and kicked out of the game. I'd love to see some stinging defence and ball movement showcasing some of our speed... It's always going to be tough with Smith slowing down the ruck...F*** I'm pumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.