Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Yeh that's not how it works lol.

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
I'll be unable to attend but I have a GA e ticket as apart of my below the border membership that I'm happy to give to someone interested. Free of charge of course. Cheers

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
But I've been told that it was due to injury during the game? lol.

I seriously hope that this was not about me mentioning Corey's knock that he took shortly before coming off. Because how would that have anything at all to do with him coming on at hooker?

This notion that Bennett dropped him because he has the most potential is laughable and a pathetic attempt to justify it. If that was how it was done then we should drop Milford and hunt quicksmart! Imagine how great theyd be then! Hell, Lockyer probably couldve been even better had we just dropped him a few times a season!

This one definitely is a veiled dig at me. I said that Vidot could be one of the players that Wayne has earmarked for the future, but has deficiencies to overcome, and would be one of the easier ones to fix. Things like ball handling can be improved upon anywhere, like the training paddock, or in Q-Cup. And I would say that receiving the ball with a two metre gap between you and two or three hulking middle-third forwards would be a good test of concentration as any.

In contrast, the deficiencies (that I still believe have been far overblown because of one game where we had few opportunities and the ones we had were squandered) in Hunt & Milford's combination are best rectified in real NRL-level situations, with as close to the potential final team make-up as possible. Milford's dropped ball inclusive, we blew at least three guaranteed tries (and even more half-chances) because some butterfingers spilt their lollies. Tries that would have made our Hunt / Milford / Kahodges combo look great - they were actually worked really well until the last fumble. Reed I could see value in being dropped, Gavet for sure (send him to the Vidot school of slippery fingers), Maranta for confidence etc, but Milford & Hunt need as much time in the NRL as possible to learn each other's games while the blowtorch is being applied.

Any more comments of mine that you want to take out of context, feel free to have a poke at them too as it would be my pleasure to elaborate further.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
How does it work lol

Attack is when they kick return and make 10-15 metres and scoring tries obviously doesn't come under that umbrella. There's attack, defense and finishing. ****, B4L! Did you not go to the Internet Coaching Seminar on the 30th of February this year?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Why the hell would anyone want Maranta as a long term winger? He's a stop gap that I hope we move on from.

Who said they want Maranta as a long term winger? Except for maybe Phil Gould who thinks he will play for Queensland one day.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
When people claim Maranta is younger it implies that's useful because he's going to be around in 5 years.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I'd dare say Bennett has a fair idea of what the final make-up of his team should look like, but in the meantime he needs to get those players improving certain aspects of their game, whether it be fitness or whatever, in order to ensure that they are performing at the business end of the season. He has identified those players and they are probably not going to be included in the team unless he feels they have done what is required of them.

Players like Oates and Garbutt are probably in his plans, but not for the immediate future due to their lack of a full pre-season because of injury. Hopefully those players, aswell as Ofahengaue can force their way into Bennetts team on a more regular basis.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
When people claim Maranta is younger it implies that's useful because he's going to be around in 5 years.

I'd like to think that there's more benefits to being young than just "Being around in 5 years", youthful players have more room to improve and are far more likely to break out in their early 20's, Maranta may be bog average at the moment, but who knows what he'll be like if he has a full season or two on the wing with good success? I'm not saying that's very likely, I'm just saying it's possible considering his age and how much room he has to improve.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
Hope some pieces of our attacking jig saw puzzle fall into place this week. I am hopeful but remain unconvinced about our attacking ability. We still seem
to lack real fire power out wide. Personally I think Reeds days are numbered.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
How does it work lol

You cant finish what wasn't set up. Saying because someone scored more tries means theyre a better finisher implies that they both had equal opportunities to finish in the first place. That's not how rugby league works. If your attack favours the left then the left will have more opportunities and more chances to "finish".

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
You cant finish what wasn't set up. Saying because someone scored more tries means theyre a better finisher implies that they both had equal opportunities to finish in the first place. That's not how rugby league works. If your attack favours the left then the left will have more opportunities and more chances to "finish".

And more opportunities to mess up which makes your argument irrelevant as well. Too many variables to consider for either of us to be right so therefore we should both just go with the guy who has been involved in rugby league for years, Wayne Bennett.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Well no, because even if you mess up 4/5 times, id the other winger got no ball then the guy who stuff up 4/5 times still scored more tries.

Where was this blind support for henjak and griffin cult? They've been involved in rugby league for years too, they know best - correct?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Well no, because even if you mess up 4/5 times, id the other winger got no ball then the guy who stuff up 4/5 times still scored more tries.

Where was this blind support for henjak and griffin cult? They've been involved in rugby league for years too, they know best - correct?

Wrong. Their monumental **** ups turned our once great club into the laughing stock of the comp. They also kept a top job for an accumulated 6 years and were sacked due to incompetence. Compare that to Bennetts years as a top grade coach who has had clubs begging to have him in control, compare that to Bennett being one of the few people whose opinions actually matter when it comes to evolving the game (not sure of his role but he is on the board or something).

They're completely different. The day Bennett is sacked for being fucking terrible is the day I'll stop "blindly supporting" him. And the day you stop blindly hating him and literally everything he does is the day I respond to you again on any topic regarding Wayne Bennett.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Who said they want Maranta as a long term winger? Except for maybe Phil Gould who thinks he will play for Queensland one day.

I thought it was Buzz who had that bright idea?

Either way, I wouldn't want to live in a world where that's even a remote possibility.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
copley out with calf injury

oates in

source pete badel CM

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
copley out with calf injury

oates in

source pete badel CM

**** that's bad luck for Copley but so happy to have Oates back in the 17. Hopefully next week we can swap Copley for Reed or Maranta, whoever is less impressive.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Disappointing for Copley, but excited to see Oates back on the wing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • Skyblues87
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Dash
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.