The Gabba

Thursday
Night
19:50

Roosters

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we approach the game in the right mindset and show respect, with the way we’ve been playing, we look good for the win. But I think it’ll be one of those games where they’re never out of it.
Glad Willison is in, the lad has got something.

Carrigan will replace Piakura on the right edge. Willison will cover midfield.

Walters:

“Patty feels he has brought a lot of hardness to the right edge so we will go with him again. Brendan has been crook and he won’t play. He has been ill again with some sort of virus, but that’s OK, we have got good people coming in to fill those roles."​
“Xavier has had two good weeks for us, just getting used to the speed of the NRL has been a bit of a hike for him. But he is on top of that now and his progress last week against Souths was really good, particularly defensively. We all know he carries the ball strongly, but defensively I thought he brought a lot of the team. We have great respect for the Roosters, but we have been in good touch as well the last month.“It will be a great contest at the Gabba.”​

Couple players getting reps in the backgroud, think one is Willison? Is that a normal thing to do

Couple players getting reps in the backgroud, think one is Willison? Is that a normal thing to do
Could be a tactic to develop Stamina, it looks too fast to be a warming down drill.

Kinda like those games they would have in training where they do it tired to simulate fatigue in a game.

Because some players are having shorter stints but they won't be playing cup so that's all they get during the weekend.

Could be a tactic to develop Stamina, it looks too fast to be a warming down drill.

Kinda like those games they would have in training where they do it tired to simulate fatigue in a game.

Because some players are having shorter stints but they won't be playing cup so that's all they get during the weekend.
Whatever it is I think it can only be a good thing, shows us working hard

We've lost both Thursday games we've played this year, hopefully it's third time lucky tomorrow night.

Looks to be Willison and Taupau.

As has been mentioned, I would say it's to build stamina.

Agree Radley is a muppet, however if you guys have a look at the last couple of seasons (not this year) they Rorters look a different side with him in there. His defence is nothing, it’s the link he plays in attack that makes the difference. It’s like a hybrid Yeo/Bradley Clyde role.

Agree Radley is a muppet, however if you guys have a look at the last couple of seasons (not this year) they Rorters look a different side with him in there. His defence is nothing, it’s the link he plays in attack that makes the difference. It’s like a hybrid Yeo/Bradley Clyde role.

we just need one or two guys to channel their inner Tyson Gamble and Radley will spend half the game in the sin bin

That’s also very true… sending him 3 times will also frustrate their whole team…

“Top up.” So training loads are more even if you don’t get many minutes.

Roosters are obsessed with the outside then inside ball to Tedesco. If we defend against that, I don't think there's too much else they can throw at us.

Although our wingers will need to be on, especially on Tupou's side (whichever side that is). Mariner will probably be targeted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.