Morning
10:00

Team Lists

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
We should beat the Dragons though.

Terrified of a 40-0 drubbing from one of Souths or Roosters.

One of us is walking away from that game finished mentally for the season.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
We should beat the Dragons though.

Terrified of a 40-0 drubbing from one of Souths or Roosters.

One of us is walking away from that game finished mentally for the season.

Souths looked worse than us against Manly, and for the second week in a row the roosters have had a major fade in the second half against poor opposition. For mine this year is wide open and there for the taking. The Rooster, when they're on look dangerous but they are not competing for the full 80. They haven't been punished for the lapses yet

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
You seem so hung up on spelling mistakes. This is an Internet forum where people use all manner of devices to communicate. and often quickly reply. You don't seem willing to connect the dots and deal with the communication, but instead go on your pointless, ill mannered and pedantic tirades,which I guess proves my point. Get over it. I would rather be known rather be known for poor grammar and spelling than poor manners any day. Clearly the untested pack I was referring to was Manly
And you claim I ' go on your pointless, ill mannered and pedantic tirades '. Here is that tirade repeated 'perseved'. Quite some tirade hey ? Talk about hysterical claims and gross exaggeration !

The difference between you and I is that I take pride in my work, I don't have a problem with re-reading my work, I don't feel as though using spell check or auto correct somehow diminishes me and the fact that you are so bloody lazy that you can't indicates poor manners and disrespect.

The fact that the Internet is a place where people use all manner of devices to communicate and do so on occasion quickly doesn't mean that they should do it poorly. I couldn't care less about an occasional error because we all make them. If I cared about those errors I would have pointed out the misspelling in the original post when you posed the question. It's when others try to strike out and be clever and then write some drivel riddled with mistakes.

You asked a question which I didn't think was particularly clever, namely was Manly's forward pack punching above its weight. I answered the question, I didn't go on any tirade, I dealt with the communication and connected the dots but you, you had to take it personally that I used the word clever and somehow missed that quite contrary to your claims, your question was answered.

Last edited:
abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I don't want to hijack this thread or anything, but who's excited about this game vs the Dragons on Friday night? I'm fucking pumped, if we win well it sets us back on the path for victory. Hell, I might even go to the game with my "Hodges for PM" sign. Anyone else going? As I recall there's usually a big crowd when we play the Dragons.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I don't want to hijack this thread or anything, but who's excited about this game vs the Dragons on Friday night? I'm fucking pumped, if we win well it sets us back on the path for victory. Hell, I might even go to the game with my "Hodges for PM" sign. Anyone else going? As I recall there's usually a big crowd when we play the Dragons.

I'm pumped. And I'm expecting us to win. I haven't looked at any odds yet, but with us losing 2 in a row and the Dragons thrashing the Warriors, I wouldn't be surprised if we're outsiders. But looking at the reasons behind the results, in reality I see us as genuine favorites.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
And you claim I ' go on your pointless, ill mannered and pedantic tirades '. Here is that tirade repeated 'perseved'. Quite some tirade hey ? Talk about hysterical claims and gross exaggeration !

The difference between you and I is that I take pride in my work, I don't have a problem with re-reading my work, I don't feel as though using spell check or auto correct somehow diminishes me and the fact that you are so bloody lazy that you can't indicates poor manners and disrespect.

The fact that the Internet is a place where people use all manner of devices to communicate and do so on occasion quickly doesn't mean that they should do it poorly. I couldn't care less about an occasional error because we all make them. If I cared about those errors I would have pointed out the misspelling in the original post when you posed the question. It's when others try to strike out and be clever and then write some drivel riddled with mistakes.

You asked a question which I didn't think was particularly clever, namely was Manly's forward pack punching above its weight. I answered the question, I didn't go on any tirade, I dealt with the communication and connected the dots but you, you had to take it personally that I used the word clever and somehow missed that quite contrary to your claims, your question was answered.
Did you think it was intended to be a clever question? it certainly wasn't. You think can absolve yourself by saying "without trying to insult you". it's like saying "no offence but ............". You're always happy to point out the faults of others, but as was asked of your avatar,are you strong enough to have that high powered perception pointed at yourself.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Did you think it was intended to be a clever question? it certainly wasn't. You think can absolve yourself by saying "without trying to insult you". it's like saying "no offence but ............". You're always happy to point out the faults of others, but as was asked of your avatar,are you strong enough to have that high powered perception pointed at yourself.

Back to neutral corners you two, you have both ventilated your positions. Back on topic, I hope we do get over the Dragons, three losses in a row going into the three matches we have will be very very bad. If Benji is out, does that make it easier or harder for us? I guess we can focus a couple of our forwards solely on Widdop with the aim of pressuring him at every opportunity.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yes and I really liked your reference to Lecter ! It's not true that I always point out others faults but I have done so in the past on occasion. No, I didn't think you were trying to ask a clever question just that I didn't think the question itself was clever. In hindsight I wished I'd used a better word and I can see that my poor choice could have had the effect of conveying insult. I apologise for that.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Would be a good opportunity to test out Copley.. Just saying.

1. Boyd
2. Maranta
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Kahu

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Copley... he's a bit of an enigma this year..

Kahu and Maranta have clearly leap frogged him in their performances.

I'd rather Oates if he's fit.

Copley is dicey under the high ball, so I'd be reluctant to put him out there for Kahu to come into the centres.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Or Bennett will name Whitchurch, just to mess with everyones' heads

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Would be keen to see copley but i like kahu in the centres.

Should be an interesting team sheet this week. .

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
According to channel 9 Hodges will be available if he takes an early plea.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Probably deserves a spell anyway to stew in the fact that he had a shocker and take it out on the Roosters in Round 24.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Pablo
  • Broncorob
  • The Don
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.