Round 23 Discussion

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
LOL at the Cows trainer spraying the Rabbits players.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What strip?

That was a loose carry...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm loving the emotion of the match.

I couldn't say it's been a quality game, but both teams are really giving their all.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Wow...that was awful work from the Cowboys backs.

Game over.

Look at Madge go off! Talk about emotion, look at the coach!

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
How did Lowe come away with that with all his marbles?

That was a ripper of a collision. The only way Lowe can come away unaffected is if his marbles were lost a long time ago.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Great run from Carter.

Joey isn't wrong, this kid is making the most of every involvement.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I was about to say, the referees had put their whistle away and then they give GI a fairly innocuous penalty.

Inside the 10? So Reynolds taking the legs from Cooper was legit? Burgess flopping on Granville was fine?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
That was special from Morgan.

Carn Cowboys!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The longer this game has gone, the more Tamou has been exposed in defence.

Have no idea why the Cows went to him as their go-to play.

Was only a matter of time before Luke isolated him. Good support there from Johnston & Walker.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Well, this game needed some emotion and tries like that..

Bit of a sloppy game..

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Good result for us but **** me I hate Souths.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Keary is a massive fuckwad. Don't rate him, classic case of small man syndrome.

Glad he doesn't qualify for Queensland. Hope he does end up playing for the Blues so I can see him get chewed up and spit out.

Decent win for Souths. They did look to be building up to peak form. Good result for us, not so great for my tips.

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
What about '99 and '00 from the Broncos Joey?

I laugh every time. I "get" why they don't count it, but it at least deserves a mention when talking about those sorts of things.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Worrying signs for the Cowboys. I didn't think Souths were necessarily that great out there, and seemingly adopted a 'fake it till you make it' approach. That's what I think the jaw-jacking and coaching box celebrations were about. They weren't exactly great, but the game would have been viewed as do or die, so a result above everything else was important. There were some good signs for Souths. However, they're going to have to build on them if they're going to challenge because there's still aspects of their play that looks really sub-par.

If I was a Cowboys fan, I'd be feeling anxious about that performance. A lot of those issues have been apparent through out the season, but they've usually found a way to recover. However, now they're in the deep end of the season and they're finding it tougher to retain momentum against teams like Cronulla & Souths who are far more resilient than a Eels or a Raiders. There's still a few weeks for them to recover, but their players are going to have to find another gear if they want to be there. I honestly couldn't believe some of the tries they conceded tonight...the first Souths try was soft, Taumalolo & Granville should have had Burgess, I can live with the gridiron try to Clarke - that was a tough call but the inability to take the bomb erroded any sort of sympathy.

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • kiwibronco
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.