Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah I've got no idea who I'm gonna tip tonight.. My heart says we'll have the points in us for sure, but I'm very worried about the defence with how good Cronk & Munster are going.

I'll probably go with the Storm in a close one, 24-16.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hodges needs 1 try to hit 100 tries for his career

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
It's a master stroke from Bennett really.. giving Hunt a week of rest before the finals, giving Kahu a rest, giving Maranta some confidence going into the finals, Glenn gets a rest and has no carry over points going into the finals, Ash Taylor gets to debut for the Broncos so later down the line if we need a half, we can play the "We gave you your first NRL jersey! You owe us!"

Giving Maranta confidence to watch the team play for the next 4 weeks?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Giving Maranta confidence to watch the team play for the next 4 weeks?

Doubt it, he'll make an appearance in the finals at some point. We need his safety against the teams with good kicking games.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The board seemed to do just fine when Griffin went with Gillo instead of Norman and Hunt for the prelim.

If you win enough games, the board will give you a chance.

That was when I personally started having doubts about Griffindor. It was hard to believe that he was naking the same mistake as Bennett and Hrnjak before him. It failed before and the difference then was we didnt have anybody else. Griffin had Hunt and Norman. Truly terrible coach.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
I think even if the Storm run 4 tries straight past Taylor, we'll have enough points in us to win this game. I think we can win comfortably.

FGfrom50

FGfrom50

NYC Player
Sep 2, 2015
As always, it'll come down to the field position battle. Storm killed us there last time, and I didn't think we were too crash hot against the Roosters. With Hunt's kicking game out, I'm not sure Taylor will have enough ball close to the line. Does anyone know about Taylor's kicking for field position game?

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
We have very little to gain and a lot more to lose tonight for mine. I'm just hoping we can get through tonight win/lose or draw with everybody healthy going into the finals.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think even if the Storm run 4 tries straight past Taylor, we'll have enough points in us to win this game. I think we can win comfortably.

Winning comfortably despite Storm scoring at least 4 tries, while being without the only thing resembling a proven organiser in our side? For that to happen our whole team would need to be pretty much above their best.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
As always, it'll come down to the field position battle. Storm killed us there last time, and I didn't think we were too crash hot against the Roosters. With Hunt's kicking game out, I'm not sure Taylor will have enough ball close to the line. Does anyone know about Taylor's kicking for field position game?

His kicking game is the best at the club apparently. But he's also on his debut.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

It will be interesting how he deals with the sort of room Hunt has had to work with coming out of our half, we do struggle to make metres in our own half at times and that leaves Hunt to often kick for distance and often people mistake that as being a poor kick on his part. I won't argue he's kicking game is a strong point of he's game and Taylor has shown in the lower grades it's definitely one of his strengths so that can help, but it will be another level to deliver. Milford will have to step up in this department as well, pretty sure I read on percentages he only has handled around 13 percent of the general kicking duties this year, also want to see McCullough step up and look for well placed kicks from dummy half.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.