Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Prediction: Bennett gives Taylor a license to play whatever he sees with Milford and McCullough handling the kicking.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Prediction: Bennett gives Taylor a license to play whatever he sees with Milford and McCullough handling the kicking.
That would surprise me. One of Taylor's best attributes is his kicking.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Tend to agree although I think Taylor will kick as per his normal duties. Taylor only has to be a speed bump and get himself in the road and it would be unrealistic to expect him to be the defender Hunt is. I think the Broncos have the same licence to play expansively as do the teams who cannot make the finals. Melbourne are the ones with the greatest pressure or expectation on them and I hope we can get a lead on them early.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Decent of Bennett to hand the kid his first grade jumper when he easily could have got someone like Nikorima or Kahu to fill in for the halves. Shows you that he wants players playing their position in games now so hopefully we don't see Glenn at halfback, Gillett at 5/8 etc anymore. With Hunt out, Milford will have to burden a lot of the playmaking duties and McCullough will need to order the team around a lot more. Heres to a good debut by the kid to show the comp our production line is one of the best.
HaHa
Probably be Stagg starting at half come Thursday

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
They will be selling Thanks Hodgo t-shirts at the game tomorrow.

$30.

I think I might pick myself up one.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Decent of Bennett to hand the kid his first grade jumper when he easily could have got someone like Nikorima or Kahu to fill in for the halves. Shows you that he wants players playing their position in games now so hopefully we don't see Glenn at halfback, Gillett at 5/8 etc anymore. With Hunt out, Milford will have to burden a lot of the playmaking duties and McCullough will need to order the team around a lot more. Heres to a good debut by the kid to show the comp our production line is one of the best.

Aside from looking forward to watching Taylor play, I am also most keen to see how Milford, Macca and Boyd step up. For mine, this game has become a special opportunity for the rest of our spine to move up a level to compensate for the one thing Taylor can't be expected to have - Hunt's experience. It would so good to see Milford and Macca in particular, really excel in controlling the team's structures without the benefit of relying on Hunt's experience.

I think Hun't absence is a blessing in disguise for the team's prospects in the finals.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
It's a master stroke from Bennett really.. giving Hunt a week of rest before the finals, giving Kahu a rest, giving Maranta some confidence going into the finals, Glenn gets a rest and has no carry over points going into the finals, Ash Taylor gets to debut for the Broncos so later down the line if we need a half, we can play the "We gave you your first NRL jersey! You owe us!"

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
They will be selling Thanks Hodgo t-shirts at the game tomorrow.

$30.

I think I might pick myself up one.

do you reckon they will sell those at the super store after the game ... I'd love one, but i have to work tomorrow now and can't make the game.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
A very good read on Hodges in the new Big League out tomorrow.

He talks about burying his grandpa in the shirt the Crushers gave him when he signed his first contract.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
What's the point in playing Taylor now that he's leaving? Surely it'd make more sense to play Kodi in the halves or something.

Understandable reaction ....at first, I felt somewhat perturbed by the decision as well.

On reflection though, we've still got Taylor.....he is by all reports the next best halfback at the club. Why wouldn't you use him.

We want to finish the season with our confidence high. Winning still counts IMO.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
If Griffin tried to pull that, the BHQ meltdown was crash the internet :tongue:

The board seemed to do just fine when Griffin went with Gillo instead of Norman and Hunt for the prelim.

If you win enough games, the board will give you a chance.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm happy for Taylor making his debut and I hope it's successful for him, It's a shame he won't be at the club at least in the short term but I wouldn't deny him an opportunity to make his debut at the club. One thing that concerns me about this game is that Hunt's defensive side of the field definitely leaks the least amount of points for us and Hunt contributes to that, Bellamy will be well aware of this and I can see a lot of traffic down Taylor's side of the field, Smith and Cronk will definitely look to exploit this, so I hope he's up for it and the players around him as well.

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
When you look at some of the tackles Hunt has to make......it's going to be a worry.

Bellamy will be onto it and targeting him for sure.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I've changed my tip since it was announced Taylor is in for Hunt. I just think he is going to struggle with defence in his debut game in first grade

Unread

Active Now

• Alihaider
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.