/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Re: R26 Broncos vs Storm

I think we rely on Hunt more than those others you mention. And in any case, no matter what team, the fact that a team which is more or less crippled when 1 player is absent is troubling.

The spine is not one player.
But we only lost by 7. It's not like we crumpled.

If we had something to play for, the game would've been a lot closer, maybe even won if Taylor stayed on the field because Milford/Niko are too similar.

I think we rely on Hunt more than those others you mention. And in any case, no matter what team, the fact that a team which is more or less crippled when 1 player is absent is troubling.

The spine is not one player.

And yet how many people would say our 2011 premiership finals went down the drain when Lockyer got injured?

Hunt's absence hurt us no doubt as it would any side, but I don't think we rely on him anywhere near as much as last season when he didn't have Milford or Boyd to work with.

Milford just doesn't have any idea how to create against good defence. He's got a long way to go if he wants to transform from a fullback playing in the halves to a half playing in the halves.

So if the Roosters lost Maloney how do you think they'd go?

Like crap actually.

Maybe I'm not getting my feelings across. We didn't lose by much and that's ok given the large number of injuries. That we lost doesn't worry me too much.

What does is that the whole side seemed lost without Hunt. Milford was much less effective without Hunt. Macca tried too hard but at least he tried. The attack was flat without Hunt. Without Hunt, nobody could step up and create something. No one.

For mine, that's not good. I don't know, maybe deep down I wanted to beat the Storm too much for my own good I'm being too harsh.

Milford just doesn't have any idea how to create against good defence. He's got a long way to go if he wants to transform from a fullback playing in the halves to a half playing in the halves.

Just wondering if you've watched many of his games this year?

This, so much so I gave him my 3 votes. He played big minutes in 2 different positions against a side giving it everything and he didn't look out of place at all. As soon as Taylor was gone, he jumped in his grave and took control. Very impressed.

McC, I would agree with you. He didn't have a bad night all things considered but in the leadership and organization department, Smith made him look stupid. Probably not captain material after all.

As for Milford, I think you're being a little harsh. Talented or not, he is still a kid. Sometimes football wisdom does come with age and tonight Melbourne were all over him like a bad rash.
I kinda think the opposite here, Macca put out more than Milf.

Perhaps rnabokov you should just sleep on it mate? It can be frustrating losing to the storm regardless of this, I know sometimes I can see things worse then they really are after a loss.

Last edited:

CN-wenSUwAEb6JP.jpg

he's 20 years old and in his first season playing #6 ...

All will be well.

Funny how there this new disclaimer now.

Before he just couldn't create........until he did

Now when he is.......it's only against poor defence.

LOLZ.

I kinda think the opposite here, Macca put out more than Milf.

...and so he fucken should. How long how A.Mc been in first grade now?

It was really obvious tonight that Mc isn't the dummy half we need to go to the future with. He needed to step up .....he didn't.

He needed to start calling the shots .....he can't. We had three inexperienced halfs out there. Mc couldn't even provide good service from dummy half...let alone put them young blokes on the front foot.

Oh.....but he tackled well. :rolleyes:

We showed plenty of heart out there tonight. That waa good to see. We fought and came close to changing the game on a couple of occasions.

If we were at full strength, we win that game.

We'll be fine.

Taylor's kicking game was impressive tonight, I mean it wasn't breath taking, but you could just tell he had heaps of confidence and heaps of time when he kicked, and they were all pin-point to where he was aiming them.

Not to fussed in the end I wasn't confident about winning this game when I heard Hunt was going to be rested and I knew Bellemy would have the Storm all fired up after our last game against them. We missed Hunt badly as any team would without their halfback gone. On the bright side we were competitive and pushed the Storm to the finish, Thiaday, Oates, Blair and Gillett all had very strong games which they can carry into the finals. The Storm also outscored us by 3 tries to 1 and didn't really put us away and weren't ensured victory till the 78th minute is something we can take out of it.

Finals here we come

How good was it to see Smith and Parker shaking hands just before kick off?

And Chambers approaching Hodges as he came out.

You don't see that in Sydney.

Sterlo would be happy, he obviously bet on the Storm tonight based on his commentary 

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Tmac
  • mystico
  • broncos4life
  • ell.d33
  • Evander
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Gaz
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • Organix
  • Nerd
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • Manofoneway
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.