Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Cowboys have been fucking awful for the first 2 rounds, I think they'll be better with Morgan at Five-Eighth and Coote at Fullback.. But they're still super vulnerable, if we defend like we did last week and keep improving our attack, I'm pretty confident we can win.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Cowboys have been ****ing awful for the first 2 rounds, I think they'll be better with Morgan at Five-Eighth and Coote at Fullback.. But they're still super vulnerable, if we defend like we did last week and keep improving our attack, I'm pretty confident we can win.

They have been awful ,no doubt. But, any side that contains JT very rarely loses 3 games in a row. Im afraid to say i think the cowboys will win this an win quite comfortably, particular with our inept attack being our biggest issue.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
A big differnce between James Graham and Adam Blair (besides Graham's far better workrate) is that Graham is also a smarter ball player - he can put other players into a hole, not just spread the ball, which is just what Blair has been doing. You could swap Blair with Stagg and not see any difference.

Blair doesn't walk with a limp, carry 5kg of bandaging on his knee and can actually run as opposed to a fast walk (albeit....with a limp)

Blair is a definite upgrade on Stagg.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
They have been awful ,no doubt. But, any side that contains JT very rarely loses 3 games in a row. Im afraid to say i think the cowboys will win this an win quite comfortably, particular with our inept attack being our biggest issue.

Great point, FiH. The difference between the two sides isn't vast - mainly because over the last few seasons they've been predisposed to take the easy way out. For both clubs, it's pretty apparent that win, lose or draw it will be the coach that cops it - and it showed in a lot of their performances. Both clubs are eager to declare it's a new era - let's see which team backs up all the nice, pretty words.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Great point, FiH. The difference between the two sides isn't vast - mainly because over the last few seasons they've been predisposed to take the easy way out. For both clubs, it's pretty apparent that win, lose or draw it will be the coach that cops it - and it showed in a lot of their performances. Both clubs are eager to declare it's a new era - let's see which team backs up all the nice, pretty words.

The real difference between the 2 sides is Thurston and Scott. They will motivate their team after a slow start. The fact the Cows are considered finals material and we are not makes for mine, a big difference between the two sides. They will lift.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
The real difference between the 2 sides is Thurston and Scott. They will motivate their team after a slow start. The fact the Cows are considered finals material and we are not makes for mine, a big difference between the two sides. They will lift.

I am pretty sure we are considered finals material, but anyways.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
This is going to be a close contest as it always has been. Happy with the unchanged side

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Inclined to think they are a stronger team with Morgan in the halves in lieu of Lui. Big question marks over how Coote bounces back after such an extended absence, and whether their structures adapt accordingly. If both Morgan and Coote slot in seamlessly, then it'll be problematic. I think they'll take a few games though.

As always, pressure on Thurston is key. Don't need to resort to cheap shots, but get up in his face for the full eighty. We won this fixture last year by doing the same. I expect we'll do the same again, though it'll be tight.

This is true of every game thus far, but would love to see Milf take this game by the horns.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I would have tried Coote in the halves. Morgan was pretty hopeless anywhere but fullback.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I had a dream last night. I dreamed Blair constantly sat Scott on his arse, Taumalolo on his and Tamou driven back 5 metres every time he got tackled.

Then I woke up

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Easy to say i know, but if we can hold their progress through the middle, i can see them getting frustrated and being easier to contain attack wise.

Big test for our forwards who i hope are up for it.

Scoring points will be our main concern though ... we'll need at least 20 to beat them, and we haven't come close to scoring that many so far this year.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Easy to say i know, but if we can hold their progress through the middle, i can see them getting frustrated and being easier to contain attack wise.

Big test for our forwards who i hope are up for it.

Scoring points will be our main concern though ... we'll need at least 20 to beat them, and we haven't come close to scoring that many so far this year.

If only Hunt and Milford can get Gillett and Glenn set up on the edges and if only Parker offloads. Not to many from him recently. They're are so many points in this team it's soooo frustrating

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently JT just had a kid. Why not give them another reason to lift.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
I remember a few years ago in the finals Morgan in the 7 and Bowen just tore us to shreds.
Morgan got a hat trick.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
I recently had another kid.

I'd hardly describe my performances as being lifted (at least not without a llllloooootttt caffeine stimulus).

:closedeyes:

As they get older you need to move to alcohol as they get worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Alihaider
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.