Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
I really hope Seibold is able to figure out why the players and team can be so hot or cold. I have wondered for a while now if it is an attitude problem with certain players that sullies the entire team. I think Seibold is working on it, as I heard Gillett say that they aren't allowed to put their hands on their heads during training and I assume game day as well because it's not good body language. Also, the focus on the effort areas seems to be related to attitude which is good.

I am concerned about Boyd as a leader. I know if my captain shied away from making a tackle as the last line of defence I would be a bit concerned because this is the bloke that is meant to be inspiring us. That he has done it twice in 3 rounds is even more worrisome. You would hope that Seibold said to Boyd after that effort on Jesse Bromwich in Round 1 that he never wants to see that kind of attempt again and for him to do it two weeks later is poor.

Hopefully the focus on attitude and effort will help us see results sooner rather than later.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
That pass from Macca to Isaako to set up the field goal sums up everything that's wrong with this side. It's not that hard to fix.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
He isn't really fit but something he does convinces the coach to put him in. Last year WB kept picking him when we all know he wasn't fit for a WHOLE game and now Seibold is doing it. I'd rather Staggs or another occupies that spot until a fully fit Roberts returns.

Why isn’t he fit is he carrying an injury or does he need to train harder?

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
It's bloody 2018 all over again, this time with even more frustration and anger..

Forwards were dominated by a team missing 2 of its best forwards.. Blame the halves all you want but when you have 2 running halves and your 'best' forward is getting sidestepped by Korbin F*cking Sims you've got issues. They didn't break through or push the dragons back all night. Lodge is our best forward by a country f*cking mile, thank god he is back next week.

The wrestle. We won't win a comp while we are the only team in the comp that let's opp teams up to play the ball so quickly. It cost us the first try with 1 or no markers and they went straight up the middle, and it costs us massive metres when we are trying to build pressure in def. We are constantly slowed down which hurts Maccas piss poor service even more, then we let opp teams get on top of us, let the edge back rowers run at our halves who are on the back foot retreating the 10m all f*cking game.

Refs putting the whistle away on this has made it even more obvious of an issue.

I hate how f*cking invested in this team I am, the weekend is f*cking ruined already and its Friday f*cking morning. Driving home from the game last night so pissed off with how we played, laying awake pissed off at how shit we played. So frustrating
I completely relate and know how you feel mate. Last night's performance didn't ruin my weekend but it put a dent in it, that's for sure.

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Out of curiosity, outside the intercept try, what did Roberts contribute last night? A whole bunch of nothing.

Apparently it’s his job to run the ball off the tap after a kick for touch. Why we don’t have a forward running the fucking thing is beyond me.

Last edited:
Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I don't really get all the criticism of TPJ to be honest. Obviously he was much better last week, but last night's performance in a vacuum was still fairly decent. Pretty much everyone was making basic mistakes, but he still ran for 172 metres. I don't think it was a performance he would be proud of, but given what I just watched a guy that tried too hard sits better with me than guys that didn't try hard enough.

His heart is in the right place with his intensity, but he needs to use his brain as well. He can run 300m but if he keeps shooting out of the line and getting stepped (particularly if we have no markers) it undoes a lot of that

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
I just thought of something else...

Every week I sit there in my same seat and watch Macca kick to the corner over and over again during warm up. Then we hit the game and we are lucky if he does it once a month. What's the point?

Maybe put in a quick 15 minute session on getting our forwards rolling forward and getting the ball to hands.

I actually don't think he has a bad kick in him as shown last night, he just doesn't do it enough.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
For field goal attempts Kodi should’ve jumped in to hooker. He is pretty much guaranteed a good quick pass that way.

F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018
This was a bumbling mistake ridden performance,. Milford showed some spark tonight , but really we are sub standard from dummy half to six. We will probably win our fair share of games this year but I just can't see us troubling the top teams too much. We need an overhaul. What is it with Milford kicking regularly on the 4th tackle when we are still in our own half.

It's not really an enjoyable experience to watch the Broncos play footy at the moment. If you're just watch how James Maloney or Mitchell Pearce steer their teams around you realise what we are missing . How would Boyd go at six and Milford at fullback?

Boyd is not a half. I thought whenever Milford did kick on the fourth it was a good decision and put the opposition on the back foot.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018

I remember when he first came to the club, a Broncos player made a joke about replacing Hodges with somebody just as busted and who needed a personalised training regime to manage his injuries. He has tendonitis and since I've been watching him at the Broncos, he often seems to be limping and grimacing. If it is affecting how involved he feels he can be in a game, that's not a good sign because it seems to fluctuate a lot.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
I don't really get all the criticism of TPJ to be honest. Obviously he was much better last week, but last night's performance in a vacuum was still fairly decent. Pretty much everyone was making basic mistakes, but he still ran for 172 metres. I don't think it was a performance he would be proud of, but given what I just watched a guy that tried too hard sits better with me than guys that didn't try hard enough.

My problem with TPJ is that he has shown how good he can be and has gathered the interest of all the top NRL clubs. We now have no choice but to pay him quite significant coin in order to keep him. Unfortunately for us he is still very inconsistent for us and in reality is not yet deserving of the very large contract be will soon receiving.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm in a foul fucking mood for all sorts of reasons. A Broncos loss is just one of them. FMD though, some of the bullshit here needs to be purged to a pinhead Facebook wailing page.

We lost because, like most of our losses, because of possession. Fucking dropped balls either on the first tackle, or with the line wide open, or worst of all, ON THE FIRST FUCKING TACKLE WITH THE LINE WIDE OPEN.

Oh gee, why can't Seibold figure out why we're so hot and cold?!?!? BECAUSE WE'RE A YOUNG, INEXPERIENCED TEAM. TPJ hasn't found balance yet. He's still skittling defenders and getting fast PTBs, but he's also still not getting to his feet properly. He's still smashing opposition forwards, but he's also still rushing up too quick and leaving gaps. That, and like the above, you can't be "hot" when you're gifting cheap possession and constantly on the back foot. A massive positive is that when we do maintain possession, we can easily score points. We got very lucky last night but you make your own luck.

McCullough still getting blamed? FMD. When we were setting up for our field goal (and yes, pulling the trigger on the 3rd or 4th IS a good tactic because if you leave it until the 5th the opposition KNOWS it's your only option), the Dragons' line was a mile offside, Isaako still had a great opportunity though and by all rights should have kicked it. With their shot, McCullough did exactly what the Dragons did, but the ref called him back, and he had to drop out otherwise it would just be a gift 2 points. The other defenders were on their way. Norman had the same amount of time as Isaako, he just nailed it better.

Besides not dropping the fucking ball, the thing Seibold needs to work on the most is the fast switch from attack to defence in the instance of an error, as well as the mentality to not let those mistakes dictate a lack of confidence, which is what ruins a cohesive defensive line. By all accounts he is working on that, and did work on that during the off-season, it just takes more than a few games for it to click.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I believe he has had an Achilles problem for a long time and there's been a fair bit written about his heel/ankle/lower back so I'm sure you'd find some information on these things.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
For field goal attempts Kodi should’ve jumped in to hooker. He is pretty much guaranteed a good quick pass that way.
The pass is a problem, true but when setting up for field goals I'd insist that the tackled player rise slowly, make eye contact with the dummy half and have him play the ball when the dummy half is set. This doesn't have to take an enternity but it ensures the defence line is stationary and waiting. It gives the ref a chance to ensure the defence is the full 10 metres back and the receiver a chance to stand where he feels best suited for the strike. There's absolutely no benefit in hyper speed action, I'd argue that would be more of an impediment.

Last edited:
K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Unfortunately we have done it again. I don’t know what it is about this side but we are stacked full of talent and potential but we never live up to it. That game last night was terrible. The dragons were without their best two forwards and have been horrible this year. True to form we rocked up thinking our shit doesn’t stink and that we would win easily. They need to stop reading the CM articles about themselves and how good they are after every win.

TPJ is deadset a different bloke every week. I don’t think he made a hit up in the first 10mins. Just lazy. His constant need to be in the spotlight is really starting to annoy me. He needs to watch Taumalolo some more. He does the hard stuff not just the glamour stuff. Because he only shows up 1/2 the time I think we should get a 50% discount on any salary negotiations.

Some of the other guys had bad nights but that happens. Nikorima, Flegler, isaako were the ones who come to mind.

Once again Glenn, bird, gillett and Milford were the best for us.

Can see us beating some quality sides this year but will be bundled out again with our pants around our ankles come September

Are you serious Glenn was 1 of the worst he got a try from great vision from Milford.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Culhwch
  • Ondi
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • davidp
  • Galah
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fozz
  • whykickamoocow
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Swordfish
  • Big Del
  • Maddy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.