Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
If we score more points than them over the duration of the match we should get the win. A slightly alternative game plan would be to concede less points. This should yilled a similar result.

Thanks Lozza.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't think Warriors have been able to put in an 80 minute performance all season.

They have those periods where they can play some entertaining footy, but then they have those moments where they can play some dumb footy. They have a knack for putting pressure on themselves and letting the team back into the game.

If Broncos can improve on their performance against the Cowboys, they can win this.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Bit of a random thought, but I'll post it anyway, if we wanted to improve our go forward, could we consider starting J.Wallace once Gavet gets back from suspension? We'd need to mix the starting line-up up a bit.. it's probably not going to happen, ever, but it's just worth considering.

This move would improve our metre gains from the starting line-up, and improve our right edge defence with Blair over Gillett.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Blair
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. Gillett
16. Gavet
17. Ofahengaue

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I want to see us dominate the middle of the field. In one of the games last year we were getting driven back by their defense on almost every hitup while they were making easy metres with ball in hand. If we can control the ruck this game it'll set a good platform for us to win, if not it'll make the game just that little bit harder.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Speed off the defensive line is what we need to do the whole game, along with trying to limit their go-forward as well.

Big ask, but not impossible.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Bit of a random thought, but I'll post it anyway, if we wanted to improve our go forward, could we consider starting J.Wallace once Gavet gets back from suspension? We'd need to mix the starting line-up up a bit.. it's probably not going to happen, ever, but it's just worth considering.

This move would improve our metre gains from the starting line-up, and improve our right edge defence with Blair over Gillett.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Blair
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. Gillett
16. Gavet
17. Ofahengaue

I get the idea but Gillett has started the season brilliantly and his combo with Hunt is proving lethal. There is no way he should even be suggested for demotion.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Blair
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. Gillett
16. Gavet
17. Ofahengaue

I get the idea but Gillett has started the season brilliantly and his combo with Hunt is proving lethal. There is no way he should even be suggested for demotion.

Add to the fact too that Nikorima has been pretty good coming on at dummy half, so WB will probably want to keep that 'spark' happening from the bench.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
In his three games this year, Gillett has made 102 tackles and missed 1 in each game. That is a huge improvement from a player who used to clock up double figures in missed tackles. I get the feeling that Bennett has targeted this area of his game in training.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
In his three games this year, Gillett has made 102 tackles and missed 1 in each game. That is a huge improvement from a player who used to clock up double figures in missed tackles. I get the feeling that Bennett has targeted this area of his game in training.
I get the feeling that a surgeon targeted that area during the off season

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Most of Gillett's missed tackles came from him rushing off the line and getting stepped by the opposition player. I think Bennett may have put an end to that, or more likely and hopefully, taught him to choose the moment better.

Other than the end of last season when he clearly was unable to tackle properly (shoulder injury), he has always been a solid tackler. He has put more than a few great hits on bigger men (although he got owned once by Weyman), and I will always remember fondly the one where he wiped out the grub Gallen in SOO 2013.

In the Broncos team, I worry much more about Glenn's tackling than anyone else in the forwards...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Was Gillett maybe running out of the line not so much to cut the play early, but maybe to avoid having to tackle a player running at a higher speed?

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Yep, he's on the outer.

I can't help but give Bennett the benefit of the doubt. He's 4 from 4 so far on off season cullings. Hannant, Barba, Hoffman and Kennedy have all been terrible additions to their respective clubs.

Hannant hasn't been to bad for the Cowboys

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hannant hasn't been to bad for the Cowboys

For real? Hasn't been that great at all especially considering his seniority and experience.

The way he is playing if he were a rookie at the start of his career you would say he has potential but needs to work on his handling and fitness... I wouldn't class that as not too bad tbh

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Pretty sure he's coughed the ball up a couple of times already, was watching cows v chooks the other week and he coughed it up on like his second run... I said the cows supporters sittin in front of me ' same ol Hannant' I always liked him but that part of his game has always driven me insane and I don't think it will ever change.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Wallace
11. Glenn
12. Blair
13. Parker

14. Thaiday
15. Gillett
16. Gavet
17. Ofahengaue
I think this is the game Nikorima's darting runs against tired big men could be beneficial

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Indeed. I had a read through the Cowboys forum after the game. They arent impressed with Hannant at all.

Me too. I habitually check out other team's forums for perspective. Generally interesting. Except the Kennel which is like diving into the shallow end of the gene pool.

They're right about Hannant though. I wanted to keep him given his experience, but he's been pretty pedestrian for them. If they want to point fingers at anyone though, should be Tamou.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.