PRE-GAME [Round 5, 2024] Broncos vs Storm

Of fucking course Hughes, Munster and NAS are all likely inclusions the week we are playing them.
So f***king annoying. NAS was garbage in cup apparently, so hopefully he brings that form.

I still feel a bit iffy about Munster - I wonder if he could last a game and if Melbourne will risk it.

Of fucking course Hughes, Munster and NAS are all likely inclusions the week we are playing them.

Doesn't matter who they put on the park, we're making another statement.

They will come out hard and fast and try to get ahead on the scoreboard to get in our heads. When we weather (heh) that period without too much damage, it'll be our turn to strike back. Their bench is poor compared to ours so we'll have the upper hand through the middle stanza.

Ezra/Walters will need to take some of the kicking pressure off Reyno cos you know they will be in his face all night.

Broncos by 12.

Doesn't matter who they put on the park, we're making another statement.

They will come out hard and fast and try to get ahead on the scoreboard to get in our heads. When we weather (heh) that period without too much damage, it'll be our turn to strike back. Their bench is poor compared to ours so we'll have the upper hand through the middle stanza.

Ezra/Walters will need to take some of the kicking pressure off Reyno cos you know they will be in his face all night.

Broncos by 12.
I never said we are going to lose but we would have very easily rolled them had it just been Hughes who was included. We are back to now relying on blokes who haven’t put 2 good shifts in a row in to beat a much improved Storm team this year. I back us like I do every week and still think we are well and truely in a position to win this game but whether you want to pray for the out of form versions or not they are a better team with those 3 blokes in it than without.

Very annoying when the one team that was injury affected as well we have to face after there bye and when they are seemingly getting all there cavalry back whilst we are still missing all of ours. All I’m saying is we can’t catch a break on the luck side of things rather than oh **** we are gonna get a touch up now.

Hopefully underdone.

And NAS will bring his usual shit **** self so as long as we don’t buy into it he’ll give away a few penalties or errors
Give away penalties... storm... in Melbourne

Spider Man Lol GIF

All I ask for is consistent and fair calls from the match officials. On the pitch and in the bunker.

Then we have a more than fair chance of coming home with 2 points.
Yep always seems to be a call that goes against us against storm.

Last year it was about 8 that went against us... 3 of them being sin bins.

Also lost Reynolds in the first half as well.

Thursday night games also seem to be used as the guinea pig game for the NRL to completely **** something up only for them to backtrack immediately for the rest of the weekend.

Yep always seems to be a call that goes against us against storm.

Last year it was about 8 that went against us... 3 of them being sin bins.

Also lost Reynolds in the first half as well.

Thursday night games also seem to be used as the guinea pig game for the NRL to completely **** something up only for them to backtrack immediately for the rest of the weekend.
Yeah that was a horrible game. Certainly backed up the view of either corruption or incompetence that’s for sure. Or maybe both……

(Plants that seed , waters it…… )

For mine, I'd love to see the more senior players go big in this game.

I'd like everyone else to just do their job.

A big part of me wants to see them win this, because back to back wins against Melbourne, one being finals and the other at AAMI would surely be a massive psychological shift regarding the 'hoodoo'.

The players I had concerns with (Baker and CJ) both played aggressively last week.

I think we are getting better each and every game, we just need to stay injury free.

Cobbo was great round 1, phenomenal round 2 and at fullback round 3. Come on, we just smashed the comp leaders, he'll be fine.

I'm actually going into live game mode next week with some hope but still expecting to lose.
Wouldn't be surprised if he has been directed to add weight. Plus he has been very physical in defence which I think is being overlooked. I think he has been very solid for us so far.

90 minutes to team lists being released.
I want to see the same 1-17 as last week.
Melbourne definitely have some advantages with rest/freshness and the likely return of their star players. Being realistic, a close loss would do no harm to us psychologically and is probably likely TBH.
If we can somehow go down there and get the result.... I think for the confidence and perception of our team it would be enormous... would put our fear factor in a different stratosphere once Walsh and Haas return.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • cento
  • Canga
  • Skyblues87
  • Dash
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Swordfish
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncsgoat
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.