10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah its the same selective memory crap you see being spewed at the Broncos elsewhere as well.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Just makes me laugh. Most people on the coast think anything north of Helensvale is another universe. I'm not surprised someone has to enlighten them on what to think about us.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Lol, hopefully the boys see this so they have extra motivation to rip in.

I hope Blair smashes Taylor everytime he kicks the ball.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
So any junior of theirs we have were poached, any juniors of ours they have were because Bennett didn't think they were good enough. Gotcha.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
finally good to see broncos field there full strength field and have kahu reed and oates on the field at the same time, looking forward to a good win by broncos and also keen to see if we have a big lead maybe starting ofahengaue as a prop or giving him more minutes same goes for kodi, maybe if we get a big enough lead rest hunt and play kodi nikorima in the halves for a little bit. i just hope bennet experiments a little bit

Rest Hunt? Why? As far as I am concerned he is our 1st string halfback, he's all class even though he may not be quite at his best atm but I am sure that this game will see him get closer.

Hunt is an 80 minute player, he has combinations worked and developing further with Milford and our deadly right hand side. I think Resting Hunt is a really bad call. As for Kodi, he is the one who really needs to lift for mine. His recent form has, been well below his best. I'd rather see Macca not lose any more minutes. Kodi's role atm is to come on at the right moment in both halves to exploit tiring forwards, and to lose Macca's major defensive contribution for longer than necessary is just counterproductive.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Most of us have expected Nikorima to struggle defensively when we're under the pump. I kind of think of him as an amplifier of how our forwards are going. When we're on the front foot he can use the space to tear the opposition apart. When we're being overpowered he becomes a liability in defence and it makes it hard to stem their ascendency.

I do suspect though that last week was an anomaly. Kahu was struggling badly and Bennett probably tried to keep an interchange in hand in case he submitted. That interchange would have been the one that would normally get Kodi off and Macca back on.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
12933134_1368349856524138_8736677952655886210_n.jpg

12924599_1368349886524135_4748576105998511619_n.jpg

Haha wow that list is hilarious it's given me a good laugh.

Wonder if whoever wrote that remembers that the Tits didn't exist in 2006 when Boyd debuted in first grade.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Number 6 they are whinging about us being a one team town when they are as well.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Number 6 they are whinging about us being a one team town when they are as well.

Sponsorship money is advertising and therefore a tax write-off. There's no point when the primary industry is a cash-based drug one.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
EDIT: Defamatory

Last edited by a moderator:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
What a joke. They weren't even willing to stump up the cash to fix the mess when he said he would stay out of loyalty.
They deserve all they get.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
What a Clusterfuck of fuckheadery.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
JAMES Roberts did not leave the Gold Coast because his signature had been forged. He left because the Titans would not help to pay for their mistake.

As Wayne Bennett unloaded on the Titans’ bungle this week, The Courier-Mail can reveal the $15,000 reason James Roberts really left the Titans.

It was reported that Roberts left solely because of the illegal contract. But Roberts thought he owed the Titans for resurrecting his career two years earlier, so he told them he would stay.

But it is understood the Titans would not agree to a fee, believed to be around $15,000, to cover the legal costs required for Roberts’ management to sort out the contract bungle.

Had the Titans paid those costs, Roberts would be playing in a blue strip at Cbus Super Stadium on Friday night.

Titans coach Neil Henry this week questioned whether Roberts was really in peak form and Bennett returned serve by suggesting Henry was jealous of Brisbane snaring Roberts, unloading on the contract bungle that led to football manager Scott Clark resigning.

“At the end of the day, it was the Titans’ administration, it wasn’t James’ fault what happened,” Bennett said.

“If you had the situation he had, we would all walk away from our contract.

“He didn’t walk away but you take the opportunity because it was pretty deceitful what happened.

“I can understand Neil’s position with that, envy and jealousy comes into it because you are envious James isn’t there.’’

Roberts still has great friends at the Titans and holds no grudges over the affair.

His manager Jeremy Donovan confirmed the legal fees were the major reason Roberts left the Titans.

Titans chief Graham Annesley declined to comment on Roberts’ contract, or Bennett’s harsh words, but said he still had a good relationship with the centre.

“I’ve always had a good relationship with James and still do. We both shook hands at the end of it all and moved on,” Annesley said.

Donovan praised how Annesley handled the situation but said the club just refused to budge on picking up the tab for sorting the mess out.

“It was confusing at the time because we didn’t forge the signature, but we had to sort it out,” Donovan told The Courier-Mail.

“It was a serious legal matter. James wanted to stay even after the signature issue. He was very settled and he is still living on the Gold Coast.

“James just wants to move on because he has no hard feelings for the club and still has great friendships there.

“Graham Annesley was great and I have immense respect for him and the Titans are playing great footy now.

“The Titans really helped James when he needed it and he’ll never forget that but he repaid them on the field.

“You can’t keep telling someone they are broken, though.”
Heres the full article, by the way.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/87a577209bca6d114d980705c0c81de3

Last edited by a moderator:
Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Honestly, that BOOING article is a pretty poor article in terms of society. I think giving people reasons (especially half-arsed reasons) to boo a team are really counter-productive to the sport. I know the Titans are struggling to get people to games and inspire some sort of rivalry to increase excitement etc. but I think it isn't right to publish articles like that. I can only think that you could get away with it by saying "such and such said this and that". Seems pretty low to me, or maybe it just isn't subtle enough.

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
It's not really any different to all the stuff that comes out at SoO time. In fact it's pretty mild compared to that, or to the Sydney clubs bickering.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The better make sure Adam Goodes isn't near the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.