Video Referees: Jason Robinson, Ben Galea, Bernard Sutton
Kick-Off: 7:30pm
Broadcast: Fox Sports 1

Last edited by a moderator:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Once again, pretty confident, but our attack needs to click for this one. Newcastle will be offering as much as Merge in attack, so really it's time to make this a training run for our set plays.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
9 day turn around, we look like we could use it, a couple of the boys looked like they were still carrying some niggling injuries. (Oates, Roberts, Reed)

Although I'm pretty sure at this point that Reed plays injured every week, or at least it certainly looks like it.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos are now sole leaders of the competition.

And they have a good chance to strengthen their position and give their for & against a nice little bump.

I expect Newcastle to be a bit competitive early on. But I can't see them lasting the whole 80.

I think it would be close early on, but eventually we'll wear them down and start to pile on the points.

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Newcastle will be offering as much as Merge in attack

Gagai and Uate were pretty strong yesterday, the rest of the team showed a lot of heart too. They at least have some confidence and something to build on going into this.

I'm really just hoping we can improve our kicking game as those two mentioned are returning it well.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Broncos are now sole leaders of the competition.

And they have a good chance to strengthen their position and give their for & against a nice little bump.

I expect Newcastle to be a bit competitive early on. But I can't see them lasting the whole 80.

I think it would be close early on, but eventually we'll wear them down and start to pile on the points.
Now we just need the Cowboys, Eels, Sharks, Bulldogs and Storm to lose next week, and for us to win by plenty.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I wonder if Wayne will try and blood someone like Ese'ese before the Origin period, it's probably unlikely, but I'd absolutely love to see one of those young props get a chance on the bench over someone like Wallace.

Jarod is a solid player.. but I mean, he really doesn't offer that much in terms of impact, and he's incredibly unreliable in terms of discipline.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I wonder if Wayne will try and blood someone like Ese'ese before the Origin period, it's probably unlikely, but I'd absolutely love to see one of those young props get a chance on the bench over someone like Wallace.

Jarod is a solid player.. but I mean, he really doesn't offer that much in terms of impact, and he's incredibly unreliable in terms of discipline.

He's been really strong off the bench. . Always makes metres after contact. Been a great help to his team in each game this year.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
He's been really strong off the bench. . Always makes metres after contact. Been a great help to his team in each game this year.

I agree, I thought Wallace has had a noticeable impact of the bench this season. His discipline has been marginally better from what I can remember too!

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

No matter what you say to him, he thinks Wallace is a spud and doesn't deserve his spot in the team and that we have other props who are 10 times better than him that deserve to be in the side. I mean cmon Wayne Bennett, pay attention here mate. You have been doing it all wrong apparently

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
instead of resting wallace it maybe an idea to rest someone like adam blair, move thaiday into starting prop and then have ese'ese on the bench. adam blair has been working really hard and maybe a break will give him time recover and niggling injuries

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Stats don't really agree unfortunately, let's compare him to Ofahengaue, who's meant to be the raw and inexperienced player learning first grade.

Wallace - 29.1 minutes - 6.5 runs - 8.7 metres per run - 3 errors - 2 penalties
Ofahengaue - 18.5 minutes - 6.8 runs - 9.1 metres per run - 0 errors - 2 penalties

Joe is running more times, for more metres, in less minutes, and is more disciplined. I think it's time we give another young gun a shot, while we give Ofahengaue the extra 10 minutes he's losing to Wallace.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Why should Blair be rested? It doesn't look like he has any niggling injuries to me, and he's arguably one of the fittest in the team, I don't think he needs a rest.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I agree, I thought Wallace has had a noticeable impact of the bench this season. His discipline has been marginally better from what I can remember too!

the refs deadest pick on him every time he comes onto the field as an easy penalty to blow when in reality the stuff he gets pinged for has been happening all game and well before he takes the field

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
sorry mitches he's not looking that much improved from last year for mine.. not that he's going so bad that it burns every times he runs on.. but cmon its hard to pick on a bloke whos barely on the field 30mins each week!

not at all surprised to see those stats unbreakable

would be v.happy to see blair get a rest knowing his origin workload will skyrocket, and offa to get more minutes (hopefully he doesnt pick up any bad habits from the knights.. struth theyve been ordinary), and anyone else to get a primer look in, im worried that could be arrow tho tbh

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What's wrong with Arrow? He is going to be a star.

S

sus

QCup Player
Aug 20, 2013
ill be only too happy if he can be a bright shiny fucking star

...at the Titans

; )

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well if you want to get rid of Arrow to the Titans, I can only conclude you are the Titans fan, which is good because they need one. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.