10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
You can’t drop Kennedy, his impact has been immense the last two weeks. Jensen has taken his opportunity and so did Palasia really but if we are being honest, Palasia probably ends up being the odd man out and that really isn’t all that fair because he’s been good. Nice to have genuine competition for spots.
Palasia has been good all year, and improving. Kennedy has been good, but isn't a long term option and has performed well twice. No way in the world should Kennedy stay in the 17 if Palasia is getting dropped.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I haven’t seen anything that Walters does in attack at hooker that Turpin can’t. And Turpins defence is far far better imo. Better balanced side with Turpin starting at 9 and paix coming off the bench if you ask me.

attack and Turpin should never be put in the same sentence.

Billy's service and running game are both superior to Turpins and his defence isn't too bad.

Turpin is a tackle bot. nothing more. we could put any forward on our books in the position and get exactly the same output as we get with Turpin. there is literally zero upside to Turpin being in the team

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I haven’t seen anything that Walters does in attack at hooker that Turpin can’t. And Turpins defence is far far better imo. Better balanced side with Turpin starting at 9 and paix coming off the bench if you ask me.
Last night Walters ran and made metres from dummy half. He passed the ball off the ground too. Turpins defense is overrated. He's too busy making tackles that he forgets every single other thing a hooker needs to do to be any good at their position. Which is weird because he forgets all of it before he even makes 50 legs tackles that get quick play the balls too.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I know kev loves Turpin's defence and defence does win games, but I think Skip Walter's defence last night was much improved and he does offer a bit more in going forward than Turps. Plus he's able to cover the 6 in emergencies. So swap Turps out and I thin that's the team.

At present I think we might have to rest Haas and keep Palasia as he's doing a good job. We also have Willison due back in a few weeks and he deserves minutes. Hopefully, he has a couple of games in ISC to get the muscle memory back.
Billy kicked from dummy half !!
Anyone remember that ?

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Yeah wasn’t the greatest kick but I respected the idea

Something Macca was occasionally very good at, Turpin is decent at but rarely does and something I hope Paix can produce.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not well. He’s definitely not an 80 minute player. It should be said it was 90% humidity in Brisbane last night. You could see how much everyone was struggling. Hynes was out on his feet 15 minutes into the second half.

the 5th tackle dart was stupid but outside of that I thought he was solid. Easily the best hooker at the club.
I think the Paix sub came earlier than expected last night as well... Billy was absolutely spent at the 20min mark so Kevvie had to make the sub.

Against the dogs Billy got through 30mins before being subbed... meant Paix could have a little 10min dart before the break and then come back out for the second half.

I think Kevvie's preference would be bringing Paix on at that 30min mark normally... it's why we may need to go back to Turps starting, just that little bit extra stamina to get enough through the game that we dont need 2 subs for the hooker position.

We also struggled badly at lock last night when Kobe went off and Palasia had to fill in... I'm not sure if the usual plan is to move Haas there when Kobe is off and they couldn't do it because Haas was carrying the injury, but Turps may be able to do a role for us at 13 when Kobe needs a break as well.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I reckon you could add Cobbo to the list of possibles....
Dont think he gets a gig ahead of Coates, Hammer, Val, Gagai, etc. Pending the center situation.

S

Spoon

QCup Player
May 24, 2015
Turpin takes forever to make his decisions when in dummy half and often just passes the the forward closest to him. One things we have done well the last few games is not been a one out hit up team. No coincidence this happens when Turpin is out injured.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Something Macca was occasionally very good at, Turpin is decent at but rarely does and something I hope Paix can produce.

There was a time last night it was on the 5th .
Blokes hot potatoing the ball trying to get to a kick . Went to Paix . I thought here we go ex half back he`ll drop it on his boot . Nope . Ball and all tackled and hand over !!

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
This is definitely winnable.

It's a shame Haas looks like he's going to either be out or a week-to-week proposition.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
There was a time last night it was on the 5th .
Blokes hot potatoing the ball trying to get to a kick . Went to Paix . I thought here we go ex half back he`ll drop it on his boot . Nope . Ball and all tackled and hand over !!

Yeah that happened a few times where it's common sense to put a little chip in, but I suppose dying with the ball ten out is the next best thing.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Yeah that happened a few times where it's common sense to put a little chip in, but I suppose dying with the ball ten out is the next best thing.

Yep new trend towards not giving 20m 7 tackle sets .

Gamble showed why Reynolds gets paid the big bucks . 💪
One 7 tackle set , one intercept off his boot .

But WTF were Selwyn and Capewell thinking when they kicked after making breaks ??

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

But WTF were Selwyn and Capewell thinking when they kicked after making breaks ??
Selwyns made sense because he was risking being taken over the sideline, Cape’s was a rush of blood. He shouldn’t have believed he would out pace any of the guys he was competing with to regather that.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Selwyns made sense because he risking being taken over the sideline, Cape’s was a rush of blood. He shouldn’t have believed he would put pace any of the guys he was competing with to regather that.

I thought the same re Selwyn actually .
Needs to work on a move / footwork that will allow him to get back inside in those situations .
He`s strong . Just gets caught in bad body positions close to the sidelines . Maybe Kotoni needs some lessons from Herbert on not passing the winger ? LOL .

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016

I actually forgive Capewell's because a better bounce and it's a classic try. I don't mind them trying that shit as long as they back it up with good defence. Our attack has been impotent for way too long so as long as we aren't down by double digits or whatever I don't mind.

Tim K

Tim K

QCup Player
Oct 7, 2018
I actually forgive Capewell's because a better bounce and it's a classic try. I don't mind them trying that shit as long as they back it up with good defence. Our attack has been impotent for way too long so as long as we aren't down by double digits or whatever I don't mind.
I don’t. It was second tackle or something and I was livid at the time. It was a complete Hail Mary play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• The Don
  • Midean
  • BooKhaki
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.