PRE-GAME [Round 9, 2024] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
And sure you could be super critical of all those games but in all of them the opposing team had the upper hand in terms of playing environment (field size, home game) and injuries (by some margin to) so to be super critical of that first month is pretty tough going. Not to mention all of this was in the first month of losing a lot of key players so to have a tough run first month with a heap of injuries and new inexperienced blokes picking up the slack it’s really tough criticism imo. We have turned the ship around substantially since and have played tremendous footy short on players. I think we need to leave that month in the rear view mirror and just write it off as an unlucky month which it was. Hasn’t overly affected us we are just a game or two behind the 8 ball now. Which is fine it just means we have something to chase which I don’t think is a bad thing for us it will reduce complacency.
Spot on.

A win tonight goes a long way towards forgetting that first month.

Let’s go you mighty Broncos!

kramer im out GIF
I’ll let you know in a minute, I’m just getting cleaned up…….

Hello We Win in the rain the headless chooks don't know what is coming to them by the end of the night they change from Roosters to Hens

It’s about time the chooks threw a pass to Neville in the first 5 minutes a la Shaun Kenny-dowell that allows Cobbo to stroll through and pick it up and put down under the black dot. I love those sort of starts against the Rorters. And don’t kid yourself there will be a score to settle tonight!

It’s about time the chooks threw a pass to Neville in the first 5 minutes a la Shaun Kenny-dowell that allows Cobbo to stroll through and pick it up and put down under the black dot. I love those sort of starts against the Rorters. And don’t kid yourself there will be a score to settle tonight!
A Cobbo intercept off a Walker pass would be magic.
He's due for one

For the amount he was talked up, Sewer-lee-eee has been very underwhelming. Anyone would have thought he was the next Folau or Inglis, and he's ended up the next Jonus Pearson.
We’ve had some dud wingers over the years

For the amount he was talked up, Sewer-lee-eee has been very underwhelming. Anyone would have thought he was the next Folau or Inglis, and he's ended up the next Jonus Pearson.
I don't agree with that perse. He is 20 and a very good outside back. I think personally he will be a gun in union. Players with his body size can wreak more havoc and be more creative rather than being a battering ram. Very hard to be Israel Folau when you are in the centres away from the high ball. He had an exceptional debut year on the wing and has progressively grown into a pretty handy centre after struggling originally. Will be a great player in union and if he was to stick around would be a great player in league.

One of my mates is a rorters supporter he was crapping on last weekend about how good he is, he got shut down pretty quickly from all of us. But its scary how quickly the propaganda for a Sydney golden child spreads amongst their supporters.

We’ve had some dud wingers over the years

Yeah I actually had to look at a list to find a suitably forgettable player name, there were a bunch on Broncos debutants on there that I was right to forget - Jordan Drew, Shibasaki, Shitchurch.

Good to see you settled enough again in life to find time to post mate.

I don't agree with that perse. He is 20 and a very good outside back. I think personally he will be a gun in union. Players with his body size can wreak more havoc and be more creative rather than being a battering ram. Very hard to be Israel Folau when you are in the centres away from the high ball. He had an exceptional debut year on the wing and has progressively grown into a pretty handy centre after struggling originally. Will be a great player in union and if he was to stick around would be a great player in league.

Maybe eventually. I haven't seen him win a game for the Roosters yet. Compare him to Cobbo and Staggs, who looked the goods right off the bat.

Maybe eventually. I haven't seen him win a game for the Roosters yet. Compare him to Cobbo and Staggs, who looked the goods right off the bat.
Thats in comparison to a once in a generation outside back who is 12 months older than him and a 26 year old who has played for the blues and kangaroos? He is 20, development is natural. The game especially the last few years has gone very far away from his body shape and play style being desirable fullbacks. There is very little future in that regard in league, I actually think he made a good choice for his career to go to union. I think he can be the best union player in the world I don’t think he can be the best player in rugby league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.