State of Origin Game I - QLD vs NSW

Waiting for Mr Fourex to see that comment...

I sincerely hope that Roberts has a great game on Wednesday night.

I've seen what happens when a player goes into the Origin arena and has a bad game, it can affect them and their form for the rest of the season. Peter Wallace wasn't the same after his selection in 2009 and that guy was a tough bastard mentally.

Wallace made a fine debut for the Blues in Game One of 2008. He played a hand in all of their tries from memory.

In Game 2 in Brisbane they were destroyed 30-0. I read somewhere that Wallace suffered a split testicle in the opening minutes but played on for the rest of the game essentially as a passenger. That's a tough bastard. I wanted to cross my legs just typing that.

He didn't play in the decider due to injury.

He was brought back in for the first game of 2009 in Melbourne. There were a few contentious decisions like the Hayne 'foot on the sideline' no-try call. I thought Bellamy had a good point in the aftermath.

If benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team and you need to have a dozen looks at an incident then surely there must be doubt? The scoreline I don't think reflected how close the game was. Wallace had a kick that set up a try for Wing to score but the Maroons just wanted it more that night and it was evident with Thurston's try - he raced past 4 or 5 Blues defenders to snatch the ball and score.

Game 2 of 2009 was a disaster for the Blues. Bellamy said the first three Queensland tries were the softest ones in Origin history. Inglis and Folau broke through some paper thin NSW defense and Lockyer seized on a wayward pass to stroll over and the game and the series were done.

I can't remember if Wallace was involved in any of those incidents but essentially he has to beat a once in a lifetime QLD team with an 18-0 headstart. Who could do that?

Not saying he didn't have flaws and honestly I'm glad he's gone from our club but in terms of Origin I'd rate him a double. Not a home run but far from a failure.

Wallace made a fine debut for the Blues in Game One of 2008. He played a hand in all of their tries from memory.

In Game 2 in Brisbane they were destroyed 30-0. I read somewhere that Wallace suffered a split testicle in the opening minutes but played on for the rest of the game essentially as a passenger. That's a tough bastard. I wanted to cross my legs just typing that.

He didn't play in the decider due to injury.

He was brought back in for the first game of 2009 in Melbourne. There were a few contentious decisions like the Hayne 'foot on the sideline' no-try call. I thought Bellamy had a good point in the aftermath.

If benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team and you need to have a dozen looks at an incident then surely there must be doubt? The scoreline I don't think reflected how close the game was. Wallace had a kick that set up a try for Wing to score but the Maroons just wanted it more that night and it was evident with Thurston's try - he raced past 4 or 5 Blues defenders to snatch the ball and score.

Game 2 of 2009 was a disaster for the Blues. Bellamy said the first three Queensland tries were the softest ones in Origin history. Inglis and Folau broke through some paper thin NSW defense and Lockyer seized on a wayward pass to stroll over and the game and the series were done.

I can't remember if Wallace was involved in any of those incidents but essentially he has to beat a once in a lifetime QLD team with an 18-0 headstart. Who could do that?

Not saying he didn't have flaws and honestly I'm glad he's gone from our club but in terms of Origin I'd rate him a double. Not a home run but far from a failure.

Yeah the kick deflected off a player otherwise it was going straight to Boyd. That's all he did in the Origin arena in 2009.

He was quiet and when the games were on the line, he didn't deliver despite it being his job. He put in some ordinary kicks and came up with some poor decisions in attack. He wasn't terrible but he wasn't good either, not in 09.

Then he was dropped from the side and he wasn't the same after that.

Yeah the kick deflected off a player otherwise it was going straight to Boyd. That's all he did in the Origin arena in 2009.

He was quiet and when the games were on the line, he didn't deliver despite it being his job. He put in some ordinary kicks and came up with some poor decisions in attack. He wasn't terrible but he wasn't good either, not in 09.

Then he was dropped from the side and he wasn't the same after that.
It would be hard to do anything in that NSW side with Robbie Farah, Kurt Gidley and Paul Gallen taking 5 hitups every set of six. I thought both Wallace and Campese were thrown under the bus for that series. That NSW side had some of the most selfish players I've ever seen assembled.

Slaters done a hammy
Safe bet would be to run Boyd straight into the side
Even if it’s not a fullback, he could play centre or wing at the drop of a hat
No way do they contemplate ponga especially after he played a game on Saturday night

Slaters done a hammy
Safe bet would be to run Boyd straight into the side
Even if it’s not a fullback, he could play centre or wing at the drop of a hat
No way do they contemplate ponga especially after he played a game on Saturday night

I think it will be:

1. Munster
6. Morgan
14. Milford

If Billy is out why not put GI in at FB, Morgan in the centres and pring Milf/Ponga in at 14..?
Apparently Ponga is on a plane to Melbourne, not sure if he was always joining camp this week or is specifically going down for this..
Please dont bring Boyd back into the team, there are better options out there..

If Billy is out why not put GI in at FB, Morgan in the centres and pring Milf/Ponga in at 14..?
Apparently Ponga is on a plane to Melbourne, not sure if he was always joining camp this week or is specifically going down for this..
Please dont bring Boyd back into the team, there are better options out there..

Ponga played on Saturday. They wont play him.

Slater is fine going by reports.

I heard Triple M on Sunday say that if Slater is out, Inglis will go back to fullback and Morgan will play centres. They apparently rang Boyd, who is away on holidays with his family, and he said that he's not interesting in cutting his holiday short to be a shadow. He's either playing or he's out.

Milford has to come into the side to play the utility role.

Blues will do to Ponga what the Sharks did to him and take him out of the game completely.

GI to fullback, Morgan to centre, Milford to the bench.

Walters has confirmed, He is out

Milf and Ponga heading to Melbourne

Buzz Rothfield now trying to say on Twitter that Morgan will play fullback with Ponga on the bench. If they include Ponga on the bench over Milf they are buying into the hype plain and simple. Milf would be such a better pick.

Queensland are pretty fucked in any case IMO

Milford is a no brainer.

He has a combination with Hunt and McCullough.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • pennywisealfie
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Alec
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • dasherhalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bongo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.