"Storm Cloud" book details Melbourne Storm salary cap scandal

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Before people carry on about how not even the nrl is that incompetently run, lets not forget that they just let a performance enhancing drug scandal involving multiple teams and dozens of players take almost 2 years to come to a conclusion, and then, even after getting an admiral of drug use by the players, handed them an effective 3 week suspension and allowed one of them to retain his state of origin captain status and player of the series awards.

They are a bunch of idiotic, bumbling buffoons. Waldron might be full of shit, but the nrl is probably the most incompetently run and managed big professional sport organization in the world. The nrl should be 10x bigger than it is at the very least, and under real leadership it would be the dominant sport in Australia IMO.

No arguments here. But if I'd been made the scapegoat due to the NRL's incompetence, no way would I stay quite for 5yrs as my name got dragged through the mud. His story is plausible, but years too late.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
No arguments here. But if I'd been made the scapegoat due to the NRL's incompetence, no way would I stay quite for 5yrs as my name got dragged through the mud. His story is plausible, but years too late.
No it's not... it's really inconceivable for someone in such a position to be that dumb. If the NRL had indeed done that, it would have been really simple to come out and put them on the spot when he received contradictory instructions, not just go ahead and purposely cheat. It's simply no excuse for it!

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Before people carry on about how not even the nrl is that incompetently run, lets not forget that they just let a performance enhancing drug scandal involving multiple teams and dozens of players take almost 2 years to come to a conclusion, and then, even after getting an admiral of drug use by the players, handed them an effective 3 week suspension and allowed one of them to retain his state of origin captain status and player of the series awards.

They are a bunch of idiotic, bumbling buffoons. Waldron might be full of ****, but the nrl is probably the most incompetently run and managed big professional sport organization in the world. The nrl should be 10x bigger than it is at the very least, and under real leadership it would be the dominant sport in Australia IMO.

I do agree with your view that the NRL admins are completely useless and embarrassing and I can't stand them as much as you or anyone else does but I disagree with your view that it would be the most dominant sport in Australia. Support outside of NSW and Queensland has grown considerably but it still has a bit of work to do. There are still some places in Australia where Rugby League is virtually unknown.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The Storm are in no way to blame for cheating their Salary Cap. They've been robbed of several premierships because of the incompetence of the NRL administration.
I can't tell for sure, but I'm guessing you're being sarcastic.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Ondi
  • mitch222
  • Behold
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Jedhead
  • Mister Wright
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.