Storm Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bull_Shark said:
Beads6 said:
[quote="Bull_Shark":183zvwcy][quote="Major JW Hochstetter":183zvwcy]AFL will turn him soft unfortunately. Hopefully though we'll have a good replacement by the time K decides he's had enough of chasing a hot chip with a bunch of seagulls every week.

there is NO WAY IN HELL he can ever hope to catch up to guys who've been playing that code since they were kids ... I mean, Hunt will start 2011 as the WORST player on the Gold Coast list ... he will NEVER be able to reach the level of guys like Gary Ablett Jr et al. It's fugging impossible ! He's essentially been a league player all his life and in the space of a few months the Gold Coast "stink" reckon he'll be ready to match it with seasoned, hardened, talented professionals of the AFL ..... It is, without doubt one of sport's biggest PIPE DREAMS ...

I think you are very harsh on KHUNT. He is not going to the AFL expecting ti be as good as G Ablett JR. If KHUNT can command a spot in the top 22 that will be an awesome acheivement by him IMO.[/quote:183zvwcy]

UMMMMM but hang on ... they're paying him $1 million a season ...!! Do you not think that will equate to some rather high expectations from the "stink" ?

Would you pay someone $1million a year and settle for mediocrity ... ??[/quote:183zvwcy]

i don't think anyone will care about his form... the goldcoast franchise will fold!

They're paying him for his media value. Already there are a shedload of people who would otherwise have no stake in the sport, interested in how he'll go and likely to tune into AFL when he plays.
Gary Ablett Jr would probably suck at baseball but if you threw him into a side you'd get a lot of Victorians watching.

dukey said:
They're paying him for his media value. Already there are a shedload of people who would otherwise have no stake in the sport, interested in how he'll go and likely to tune into AFL when he plays.
Gary Ablett Jr would probably suck at baseball but if you threw him into a side you'd get a lot of Victorians watching.

that will last all of 8 seconds when the world finds out he's "joe average" in the world of AFL .... No disrespect at all to Hunt here, but I just think it's totally and completely unrealistic of him or anyone to seriously believe he can make a mark in the AFL ....

dukey said:

Very true, its just a stunt. But, in true AFL style, I think they've overstated that value and are pissing heavily into the wind. Honestly, I can't see it lasting long and they're making a gimmick player with zero experience the highest paid in the comp. It'll turn out to be a hugely amatuer business decision IMO, just like having Gold Coast and WS AFL teams.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
dukey said:

Very true, its just a stunt. But, in true AFL style, I think they've overstated that value and are pissing heavily into the wind. Honestly, I can't see it lasting long and they're making a gimmick player with zero experience the highest paid in the comp. It'll turn out to be a hugely amatuer business decision IMO, just like having Gold Coast and WS AFL teams.

put yourself in the shoes of a respected AFL professional right now ... infact, pretty much anyone who's playing senior AFL ... They see this "blow in" getting paid MASSIVE overs on a whim, and way above what they're on ... do you reckon they'll cueing up to smash the living bejesus out of one K.Hunt in 2011 ?!

If it were me, I'd want to knock Hunt into next year .... and FAST !

I can't wait until Hunt goes to AFL, then all the sh!t fighting with start with players wanting 1 million + per year & them saying but we have years of experience in the AFL & Hunt doesn't

This will bite the AFL in the butt.

Not much you can say. We were never in it. Didn't come out with any intensity. Clearly played our Grand Final last week. Good luck Storm, hope you can win it. Hate them, but hate Eels more.

Kaz said:
I can't wait until Hunt goes to AFL, then all the sh!t fighting with start with players wanting 1 million + per year & them saying but we have years of experience in the AFL & Hunt doesn't

This will bite the AFL in the butt.

Absolutely it will .... when the dust settles on this ridiculous deal ... the AFL will be exposed for it's smugness and sheer arrogance on this boneheaded decision to make a rugby league player it's poster child ...

Coxy said:
Not much you can say. We were never in it. Didn't come out with any intensity. Clearly played our Grand Final last week. Good luck Storm, hope you can win it. Hate them, but hate Eels more.

Even prior to kick off I was looking at where I could buy a Storm flag for next week ( knew the broncos were running of petrol fumes after last weekend) ... but after seeing Bellamy laughing at Yow Yeh's knock on, early doors, I don't know who to go for ... that was a classless act from that ****-stink ...

Bull_Shark said:
Coxy said:

Even prior to kick off I was looking at where I could buy a Storm flag for next week ( knew the broncos were running of petrol fumes after last weekend) ... but after seeing Bellamy laughing at Yow Yeh's knock on, early doors, I don't know who to go for ... that was a classless act from that ****-stink ...

As I said in the Under 20s thread, there's a culture of poor sportsmanship developing at the Storm. Makes sense it comes from that turd burglar of a coach. So glad he didn't come to the Broncos.

I'm surprised at those blaming Henjak and his halfback decision for this loss. We were never in it, right from kick off, and Wallace or whoever else wouldn't have made one iota of difference. We just ran out of puff after 7 wins on the trot.

A disappointing game, but I'm satisfied with the season as a whole.

schmix said:
I'm surprised at those blaming Henjak and his halfback decision for this loss. We were never in it, right from kick off, and Wallace or whoever else wouldn't have made one iota of difference. We just ran out of puff after 7 wins on the trot.

Yeah, even if we were in top form tonight, i think we still may have lost. Melbourne just completely dominated every facet of the match.

Defence was atrocious tonight. I love the Big D to death but come on, mate.

ningnangnong said:
schmix said:

Yeah, even if we were in top form tonight, i think we still may have lost. Melbourne just completely dominated every facet of the match.

Yep, though the Broncos distinctly lacked intensity. Not a great preparation for the grand final to be honest. Doubt Parra will roll over the way Manly and Brisbane did.

good season all round. over achieved if anything after the loss of some high calibre players last season. we will be better for it in 2010! go the broncos...

Wait, did Bellamy laugh at Yow Yeh's drop ball?

Coxy said:
Bull_Shark said:
Coxy said:

As I said in the Under 20s thread, there's a culture of poor sportsmanship developing at the Storm. Makes sense it comes from that turd burglar of a coach. So glad he didn't come to the Broncos.

pretty disappointing to hear about his actions with the media in the lead up to tonight's game ... starting press conferences early & cutting them short (before all media had a chance to get what they needed) is a pathetic way to go about things when you're supposedly fighting tooth and nail to give your code, your event, the maximum exposure in an AFL-obsessed city ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Ozired
  • Maddy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • lakers133334
  • Hurrijo
  • whykickamoocow
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • blacknwhite
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.