Storm Vs. Broncos *SPOILER*

Status
Not open for further replies.
sydney_bronco09 said:
good season all round. over achieved if anything after the loss of some high calibre players last season. we will be better for it in 2010! go the broncos...

will we ? I think the ball is squarely in Bruno Cullen's court in regard to that ....

Captain Staros said:
Wait, did Bellamy laugh at Yow Yeh's drop ball?

Yep. After it they showed Bellamy with a grin like a cheshire cat. ****

The game wasn't even advertised in Melbourne.

I think they had one back page article leading up to the game.

Ah well. Nothing we can do, now. Hanging around this site won't help too much, I don't think.

Let's hope the Big D doesn't retire on the back of one of his worst defensive efforts of all time.

I just don't know what to think. Is it shameful to lose to the Storm? They have a host of "once in a generation" players, names that, by the end of their careers will be regarded as the greatest ever to play, Smith, Inglis, Slater. A great "team", 4 Grand Finals in a row, which hasn't been done for over 20 years, not since the often spoken about "great" Parramatta sides. Have the Broncos over achieved this year? Certainly an end of the season run that we have all been proud of but the loss of Wallace turned out to be terminal, however to blame Henjack is just obscene, considering the Storm lost to Manly last year 40-0 without 1 player, Smith, and Bellamy is regarded as the best of the modern coaches. In saying that, next year we will be weaker in attack with no Hunt or Taylor and apart from Kemp, no notable signings, especially where we all seem to see the deficiencies and that is in the forward pack. Yes they did stand up against the Dragons in what I have rated as the best forward display in many a season. That said it is not consistent enough and tonight was a classic example of our typical arm grabbing defensive play we have suffered from all year. On tonight’s performance we would have struggled to beat any team in the NRL let alone the Storm, with almost 60 missed tackles, what else could we have expected?. Defensively I would have to say that we played our grand final against the Dragons because the same team didn't play against the Storm. Disappointed, definitely, but concern for our future is the in forefront of my mind tonight.

Coxy said:
Bull_Shark said:
Coxy said:
Not much you can say. We were never in it. Didn't come out with any intensity. Clearly played our Grand Final last week. Good luck Storm, hope you can win it. Hate them, but hate Eels more.

Even prior to kick off I was looking at where I could buy a Storm flag for next week ( knew the broncos were running of petrol fumes after last weekend) ... but after seeing Bellamy laughing at Yow Yeh's knock on, early doors, I don't know who to go for ... that was a classless act from that ****-stink ...

As I said in the Under 20s thread, there's a culture of poor sportsmanship developing at the Storm. Makes sense it comes from that turd burglar of a coach. So glad he didn't come to the Broncos.

Everytime the screen panned him i wanted to spit!
The Storm have got some class players and they've had success over the last five years, but the amount of arrogance within their club is disgusting!
I hope they lose next week... just so everytime someone mentions that theyve made it to four consecutive Grandfinals I can remind them how they lost three!

Burg said:
I just don't know what to think. Is it shameful to lose to the Storm? They have a host of "once in a generation" players, names that, by the end of their careers will be regarded as the greatest ever to play, Smith, Inglis, Slater. A great "team", 4 Grand Finals in a row, which hasn't been done for over 20 years, not since the often spoken about "great" Parramatta sides. Have the Broncos over achieved this year? Certainly an end of the season run that we have all been proud of but the loss of Wallace turned out to be terminal, however to blame Henjack is just obscene, considering the Storm lost to Manly last year 40-0 without 1 player, Smith, and Bellamy is regarded as the best of the modern coaches. In saying that, next year we will be weaker in attack with no Hunt or Taylor and apart from Kemp, no notable signings, especially where we all seem to see the deficiencies and that is in the forward pack. Yes they did stand up against the Dragons in what I have rated as the best forward display in many a season. That said it is not consistent enough and tonight was a classic example of our typical arm grabbing defensive play we have suffered from all year. On tonight’s performance we would have struggled to beat any team in the NRL let alone the Storm, with almost 60 missed tackles, what else could we have expected?. Defensively I would have to say that we played our grand final against the Dragons because the same team didn't play against the Storm. Disappointed, definitely, but concern for our future is the in forefront of my mind tonight.

As much as I detest a lot about Craig Bellamy ... I envy the way he gets the Storm performing year after year ... The systems he's put in place at that club and the dicipline he's instilled in the players (ON the field) is nothing short of remarkable ... pound for pound they're nothing above and beyond any other team in the NRL but they surge forward and just tear in week after week after week after week after week ....

i hope the storm win the comp because parra supporters stink!

I am not blaming Henjak at all. I think he did a very good job in his first season as head coach and especially when we were facing the prospect of missing the finals and he helped to turn it all around. Sure, the players deserve credit too, but overall I am comfortable with Henjak as our coach going forward.

I do think he got it wrong tonight with regards to the halfback but as I said earlier in this thread, I really doubt it would've made a difference.

Our lack of go forward coming out of our own half was a more contributing factor in the loss because we were never in a decent position for our kicking game.

Bull_Shark said:
As much as I detest a lot about Craig Bellamy ... I envy the way he gets the Storm performing year after year ... The systems he's put in place at that club and the dicipline he's instilled in the players (ON the field) is nothing short of remarkable ... pound for pound they're nothing above and beyond any other team in the NRL but they surge forward and just tear in week after week after week after week after week ....

If they didnt have inglis or slater in their side, they'd still be clinical because of bellyache but it's boring to watch!

Jeba said:
I am not blaming Henjak at all. I think he did a very good job in his first season as head coach and especially when we were facing the prospect of missing the finals and he helped to turn it all around. Sure, the players deserve credit too, but overall I am comfortable with Henjak as our coach going forward.

I do think he got it wrong tonight with regards to the halfback but as I said earlier in this thread, I really doubt it would've made a difference.

Our lack of go forward coming out of our own half was a more contributing factor in the loss because we were never in a decent position for our kicking game.

It all came down to petrol in the tank imo ... Watching the way the Broncos poured so much energy into keeping the Dragons out through the back end of last weekend's game, it was always going to be so tough for them to replicate that effort tonight ... the energy levels from last week to tonight were like chalk and cheese ...

Not having Wallace on the paddock did contribute to fewer try scoring opportunities.
But that doesn't forgive a 40 point deficit.
Attack was disjointed but defence was non existent.
All being said, the better team won. On to next year.

We were fucked from the moment Yow Yeh dropped the ball. Melbourne weren't that great in the first half, we were just horrible. And why play locky at half back? Should have shown some faith in Glenn or Ben Hunt.

I think a lot of what has been said is dead right, but also, that the storm are a champion team, while the broncos as always are a team of champions... and we've all seen how that works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Ozired
  • Maddy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • lakers133334
  • Hurrijo
  • whykickamoocow
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • blacknwhite
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.