The "rebuild" after WB, where to from here?

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Injuries, cap space chewed up, players not responding, young team.....How does Seibs or the club get ontop of this?

I think we have the foundation of a good team.

By foundation, I literally mean the grass at Red Hill. Has anyone seen it? It’s magnificent!

Everything else, from the team, to the coaching staff, we could literally replace with anyone from the QRL and it would make no difference. Just throw darts at a dartboard until the spots are full. Don’t even have a strategy. Just like the current team...

The worst they would do would be to get smashed regularly by 50.

Just like we are...

The issue, is the same issue. The balance is wrong. There is no hard reliable talent in this team. All young hot heads with no control. They drop the ball, give shit penalties and hang their heads instead of nutting up. When they look for guidance its from a no show like D Boyd, a simpleton like Oats and a no confidence Milf.

In 2015 we had Blair, Parker, Hodjo, Moose, Gillette and Thaiday. There is just not enough leadership in the side at the moment. Hopefully when our team is back to full strength it will make a difference but there is no doubting we are in for more hard times.

Maybe Seibs needs to start up the yoga again. I hear he stopped it after covid.

When our team is back to full strength and they can string some games together, we'll be fine.

Te'o is a nice addition to the side, he brings much needed experience. We could do with a couple more signings, but when it comes to thinking long term, we're on the right track.

The Broncos aren't looking for short term success, they are building a side for the future. As with any young side, there's going to be pain along the way, especially when that young side are being ripped apart by injuries & suspensions. But make no mistake, we're going to have a side that's going to be up there with the best in the coming years. Whether it's Seibs that brings that success, time will tell.

When our team is back to full strength and they can string some games together, we'll be fine.

Te'o is a nice addition to the side, he brings much needed experience. We could do with a couple more signings, but when it comes to thinking long term, we're on the right track.

We've been thinking long term for some many years now. I remember the same talk in 2011 - "This side is going to be unbeatable once they get some experience". Since then, the only really successful season we've had was 2015. Meanwhile, teams like the Roosters and the Storm play the game right, buy the players they need and win premierships.

Rebuilding just doesn't seem to work in the NRL. At least I can't think of any examples where it has.

Last edited:
Rebuilding just doesn't seem to work in the NRL. At least I can't think of any examples where it has.

Plenty of examples where it's worked. Just look at the current top sides today and look at where they were before they were so successful.

They made the right decisions, they stuck at it, and it's paid off for them. Whereas what we did after Locky retired, Broncos will even tell you today they didn't handle that period well. They suffered from a series of **** ups that had long term effects. Now they are trying to fix that.

The issue, is the same issue. The balance is wrong. There is no hard reliable talent in this team. All young hot heads with no control. They drop the ball, give shit penalties and hang their heads instead of nutting up. When they look for guidance its from a no show like D Boyd, a simpleton like Oats and a no confidence Milf.

In 2015 we had Blair, Parker, Hodjo, Moose, Gillette and Thaiday. There is just not enough leadership in the side at the moment. Hopefully when our team is back to full strength it will make a difference but there is no doubting we are in for more hard times.

Is that why we can’t even catch?

Roosters are the perfect example.
They have a good coach and aren't afraid to flick someone if they feel there's a better option - see Pearce to Cronk.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • ethanjoker9
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • kman
  • Battler
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.