What do you want this year?

Very little pressure involved with a conversion. Much different to a field goal or a kick ahead or whatever in golden point or at the death with offside defenders charging at you and a referee not willing to decide the game with a penalty....

I was asked if Joey had ever done what El Masri did, I proved that he has.

OK, but I was more hoping for examples similar to the Locky examples where actual rugby league talent, skill and determination played a part. Not just a goal kick.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Hammo said:
Not to mention Locky always being there in the death throes of recent SoO and I think we know who the overall better player is/was.......

[icon_lol1.

Locky the fullback vs Johns the halfback = TIE
Locky the 5/8th vs Johns the halfback = Johns WINS purely on the back of defense, I rate them both about the same with ball in hand and Locky beats him in rep footy, but half the game is defending and Johns was a giant of a defender while Lockyer is a mouse in the front line defense.

Joey knew he could go all out in defense. The prat only played 5 games per year [icon_wink

FCB BB AKA MB said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK4N9KP5fzU

There is one I am sure there are others.
Different kick tbh.
Hazems kick was 100x better, if he missed they lost and there 16 in a row streak would of ended, if he got it (which he did) they win the game and they win 17 in a row.
Johns however, if he missed no big deal, they go on to golden point anyway, so there wasn't that much pressure, and beside I dare say it with that huge overlap most decent halfbacks would of converted that to a try anyway.

Oh and so you know I'm a huge johns fan think he was the 2nd best halfever ever and i love watching him play, and i just wish he could of went a season or two longer.

And to keep this debate going.
I think lockyer and langer are both better playeres than johns. However, one thing I always wished to happen was johns and lockyer play together regularly, it's so unfair they only got like 3 games together :(

Well that's Joey's fault for not accepting the contract the Broncos offered him in 2002.

Coxy said:
Well that's Joey's fault for not accepting the contract the Broncos offered him in 2002.
I would of wet myself if joey and lockyer played together on a permenant basis [icon_shady

I for one am forever grateful that Andrew Johns didn't come to the Broncos, I hate the man with such a passion it would have been unbearable to see him in our jersey.

Scotty said:
I for one am forever grateful that Andrew Johns didn't come to the Broncos, I hate the man with such a passion it would have been unbearable to see him in our jersey.
I don't like him either, but I would just drool at the though of the combination between him and locky.

The times they played together they didnt really gel.

Browny said:
The times they played together they didnt really gel.
I'm sure two great players like that would of gelled with a good off season.

yeah I reckon it could've worked. Only thing is the arrangement would've had to be get Johns doing all the organising play to play and when Locky wants the ball, Locky gets the ball. Locky is most dangerous when he's not buggered, so just let him choose when to inject himself in attack.

Johns thrives on being involved in just about everything.

I think when they played together, Locky was in Broncos mode where he was doing everything, and so he and Johns almost cancelled eachother out.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
On closer inspection, if she was referring to just injuries I withdraw my comments.

Yo
Just to confirm a few things.
I'm a guy, so HE icon_thumbs_u (yeh, I made this username ages ago - and its easy to remember)

I was talking about the injuries of course. Don't get me wrong - I'm an anti-joey fellow but it was a shame to watch his career end the way it did. Apart from 06 I reckon Locky's had the same-ish bad run. He's never been properly fit for the finals since 03 and we had a blaster of a 02 apart from that last game. (still gives me nightmares)
Joey, I seriously reckon QLD supporters hated him more cause of channel nine - blame them. [icon_lol1.

The main area of improvement I'm looking for this year is defence and I'm hoping a Henjack off season will help. The Broncos were on of, if not the worst in off loads against and one-on-one defence. I feel if we address that this year it will go a long way in us progressing to the finals and beyond. I have no visions of glory this year, just a marked improvement in these areas this year. Just sick of our players continually falling off tackles.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • mieko
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.