CRICKET WTC and Ashes Tour of England

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He's wasn't injured, they were waiting for it to be scuffed up so he could reverse it. Then he hits Khawaja on the head and a bit comes off the ball to be replaced.

They didn't bowl him until the 34th over.

They are saying he wasn't injured but there is a perception he was and England are trying to hide it. Hence the comments about his pace being well down and him going off straight after.

And I know they didn't bowl him to the 34th over - I watched it.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
They are saying he wasn't injured but there is a perception he was and England are trying to hide it. Hence the comments about his pace being well down and him going off straight after.

And I know they didn't bowl him to the 34th over - I watched it.

That's got nothing to do with waiting for the ball to be scuffed up and hoping he can reverse it.

Changing the ball would nullify that waiting; it's counterproductive to what you've just spent 34 overs waiting for.

If he injured himself in those three overs that's a possibility but I don't believe he was injured before that.

I think it was purely tactical and changing the ball would have ruined that.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
That's got nothing to do with waiting for the ball to be scuffed up and hoping he can reverse it.

Changing the ball would nullify that waiting; it's counterproductive to what you've just spent 34 overs waiting for.

If he injured himself in those three overs that's a possibility but I don't believe he was injured before that.

Why wouldn`t they give him the new ball ??
Or at 10 -12 overs when the Dukes ball swings ? Nah lets give Moe and Rooty a bowl . LOL .

He is sposed to be able to blow through teams . The slow batting and making the Poms bowl more might actually be paying off ?

You are drinking the Mark Butcher Kool Aid . Wait till the ball is scuffed . What a load of rot .

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Why wouldn`t they give him the new ball ??
Or at 10 -12 overs when the Dukes ball swings ? Nah lets give Moe and Rooty a bowl . LOL .

He is sposed to be able to blow through teams . The slow batting and making the Poms bowl more might actually be paying off ?

You are drinking the Mark Butcher Kool Aid . Wait till the ball is scuffed . What a load of rot .

I just explained why I think he didn't take the new ball.

Balls don't reverse until 35-50 overs so if you wanted reverse swing why would you give it to him after 12?

You need it scuffed to reverse swing.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

34 overs - two hours of cricket, yep definitely don't want your strike bowler bowling at all within the first two hours of an innings given he has a lot of time to rest and come back for another spell. I have no idea how this makes sense to you.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
34 overs - two hours of cricket, yep definitely don't want your strike bowler bowling at all within the first two hours of an innings given he has a lot of time to rest and come back for another spell. I have no idea how this makes sense to you.

Good we agree on something .

Keeping him off until 34 overs "if " he is fit to bowl is not good tactics .

The natural swing usually happens around 10 - 20 overs when the lacquer is removed . So 1st or 2nd change of bowling . "Nah hold Woody back .Let Mo on one leg at em . Then unleash Rooty We will do it with reverse later ."

Physio was with him yesterday morning . "Nothing to see here , just waiting for a bit more scuff before Woody runs through em ." What a load of rot .

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Put it this way,

Let’s bowl Steve Waugh first change after McGrath and Gillespie bowl there overs and save Brett Lee for when it reverses.

Makes a heap of sense

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I just explained why I think he didn't take the new ball.

Balls don't reverse until 35-50 overs so if you wanted reverse swing why would you give it to him after 12?

You need it scuffed to reverse swing.

OK between the 12 when he should take the new ball and the 35 over . There is an hour and a half for him to recover , go have a shower , a massage and come back with the now scuffed and polished ball .

Why did they not try that ground breaking tactic ?
He can only bowl one spell a day ?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Is there any reason to hide an injury to Wood? Other than mind games?

It's not going to change their preparation for the match given its in progress.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Is there any reason to hide an injury to Wood? Other than mind games?

It's not going to change their preparation for the match given its in progress.
All mind games. Wood is their most intimidating bowler and has been getting results, could relax Australia knowing he is injured.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Intimidating yes .
Getting results , kinda . He had a cpl of real good spells in one game . Has done fck all other than that . But he`s the boogie man . LOL . Woakes has been more of a threat in recent times . And that Toungie Kid ? Where did he go ? He would have been more of a menace than Old Jimmy it seems in hind sight .

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Still annoyed we let the pie chucker Robinson get wickets

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Still annoyed we let the pie chucker Robinson get wickets

He was a smart bowler. The only one in the history of the game who as able to TENET a ball. He bowled so slowly it reversed time, impossible to play.

Unread

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Muros
  • Totally Unr3al
  • FACTHUNT
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Manofoneway
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.