1989 Grand final on Fox 2 now...

Sirros try on half time is great. Starts on there 20, Elias flicks out the back to Roach on the blind, he then draws the winger and center and flat balls to the winger who flys down field, he puts up a bomb which is regathered due to an awesome bounce, then the Tigers player find Sirro at FULL PACE about 30ish out with a line wide open with Bradley Clyde coming across in cover, no chance Sirro over. Good all round skilled try, and the better ones are yet to come.

Chicka scores, woohoo.

I remember when watching this game, screaming at him for coming back inside..... but the he wasn't voted best winger in the world in 88 for nothing. Class all class.

Steve Jackson with the winning try, 22 out, dummy hit and spin, beats FIVE defenders and reaches out and try time baby. One of my all time fav trys.

To this day Ithink the Balmain boys have only watched the replay of the game together once.

Game over man game over.

Very entertaining match. Cheers for the heads up there Tee, this assignment was killing me haha

Ferguson was a legend, awesomely quick with his footwork.

Such an awesome game. Any bludger who tries to tell you that the Claytons 1997 Newcastle premiership was the best of all time is off their heads.

mick! said:
Such an awesome game. Any bludger who tries to tell you that the Claytons 1997 Newcastle premiership was the best of all time is off their heads.

In terms of the moment of the underdog stealing it from villainous Manly 1997 was awesome. However, as a full game 1989 was a far better match it is a pity that a nuffy won it going through such tired woeful defending. It was an epic and I have sat through it so many times.

1997 was a good finish, but not that great a game. I'm a big believer in the fact that not all close games are good games. They might have good finishes, but that's about it. For example, that one a year or two back where the Roosters beat the Warriors something like 32-31 was lauded as being one of the best premiership matches in years. Horse sh*t! It was filled with some of the worst handling and defending I've ever, EVER seen. Horrific game.

The Gymp said:
[quote="mick!":vve3o3re]Such an awesome game. Any bludger who tries to tell you that the Claytons 1997 Newcastle premiership was the best of all time is off their heads.

In terms of the moment of the underdog stealing it from villainous Manly 1997 was awesome. However, as a full game 1989 was a far better match it is a pity that a nuffy won it going through such tired woeful defending. It was an epic and I have sat through it so many times.[/quote:vve3o3re]

I didn't realize how much Steve Jackson contributed to the win until I watched again last night. He was the one who knocked the ball back for Chickas try and pulled off some big D.

I still can't understand how Balmain butchered that Gf that last 20 mins the bounce of the ball didn't go their way but they had their chances and couldn't finish off.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Fozz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • TimWhatley
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • davidp
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • FACTHUNT
  • mitch222
  • Alec
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • KickHaas
  • Battler
  • lynx000
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.