2015 Grand Final Broncos and who ?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

I might be going silly but does anyone else feel as though the contenders for 2015 are falling by the wayside ?

Souths: Well, if nothing else history is against them but recent injuries and erratic form can only be considered to be greater obstacles
Roosters: Poor form and injuries
Canterbury: Dogs are imploding yet sometimes that unites but will the suspensions hinder them and leave too much to do to catch up ?
Melbourne: cannot be written off but an ageing Smith,Slater and loss of their invincible aura makes them 'just another team'
Manly: Gone just plain gone.

Really, it just seems to me that lately, we at the Broncos look to be the happiest and most cohesive unit out there. Among the others I just don't see any team that stands out. Perhaps the Cows or Tigers, Penrith or Saints could have a sustained burst of form but I have started to think we might give this competition a real shake in 2015. Hell, we may even be table toppers by next Monday night...anyone else feel like something could happen ?

You may well be right. I think one thing in our favour is that don't have an out and out dominant player. So all player injuries and suspensions can be covered. Also the current depth is a little better in most positions than in the past. A bit thin in the outside backs maybe.

Very Tigers, 2005-like I think. Except with an actual prop or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be able to answer this properly after this weekend.
I need to see how we attempt to handle a (admittedly under strength) pack like the roosters have. As of right now I see the rabbitohs as being fucked without Reynolds only against sides like Penrith,easts,Canterbury etc but still have the firepower to easily account for the lower teams.
I'm still undecided on which side of that fence the Broncos are, as I'm still unsure if we could handle them even without him.

I do however believe Penrith will be in the GF, so for now I'm going to go with a Broncos V Panthers match that gets controversially moved to Suncorp Stadium.

As ambitious as this thread is, I still think the Roosters will be the team to beat at the business end of the season.

The Broncs still need to work out that the game isn't over at half time.

As much as I hate to say it, but if the Rabbitohs manage to jag a top 8 spot, with Reynolds back they're just as dangerous. I still think they're way more beatable than everyone (mostly the media though) think, but if the reason to write them off is Reynolds then he's not gone for the season.

And if the forwards are able to aim up even without SamB, Teo, etc, then a Sutton Keary halves pairing is not much different to a Sutton Reynolds pairing, though we haven't seen much of Keary's short kicking game as Reynolds is the go-to man for that. But the point is, Reynolds has had it super-easy by playing behind a big pack, Keary will have the same luxury. And dare I say it, Souths will be better off for not having Sutton masquerading as a back-rower.

Lara Pitt said on Fox last night that Rabbits are confident that Reynolds injury is not as bad as first thought and may be only three or four weeks. Scans today apparently.

Lara Pitt said on Fox last night that Rabbits are confident that Reynolds injury is not as bad as first thought and may be only three or four weeks. Scans today apparently.

I knew he was foxing and that Souffs bunged it on...

508.gif

If we can string a couple of dominant 80 minute performances together I will start to get excited... Which I don't think is far away. It's been a very close comp the past few seasons but I have a feeling the chooks and bunnies will still be there come finals time. funny how I think this thought is starting to cross every ones minds!!

Broncos v Cowboys. Won't the Sydney media love that one.

Love the optimism from @Huge but for me it's too early to be that confident

Brisbane are going better than I expected at this stage and I am loving that, but I still think the Roosters and Rabbits will have very strong years

What about peoples thoughts on Newcastle?

Are they the real deal?

Last edited:
We can only dream.

Seconding the "let's just see how we go this weekend" motion.

That, and how we go against our bogie side, the Storm (not until 21 June but).

What about peoples thoughts on Newcastle?

Are they the real deal?

no, they've had a good start but they've done nothing to make me go wow.

and being held scoreless by the dragons is pretty poverty as well.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. It's only Round 5 coming up. A lot can happen in 21 rounds.

We played one top eight side so far and got belted at home.

Some improvements coming but I don't see anything so far to suggest this level of confidence.

For mine the Roosters are the best team in the NRL.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tim K
  • Broncs1459
  • FACTHUNT
  • Battler
  • bazza
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Ondi
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • leon.bott
  • KnToad
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.