2016 Best XVII

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I've just been thinking lately, what actually is our best 17 now?

1. Boyd
2. Oates
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
12. Gillett
13. Parker

15. Wallace

Obviously KNik, Kahu, Thaiday are also shoo-ins somewhere in the 17, and I would argue that TPJ also needs to be in there but that leaves a lot of question marks.

Would Roberts be better off at left or right centre? Should he even be in the side?

Is Kahu better for us on the wing or centre?

Where should we put KNik?

How important is it to have Glenn and/or Blair in the side?

Is Reed the centre we deserve but not the centre we need? Should he be moved into the logjam that is our second-row options?

Where do Pangai Jr, Joffa, Su'A, Ese'ese, Arrow all fit? Who is most deserving of these guys to be in our 17?

Please discuss, it is really concerning me.

1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Kahu
4.Roberts
5.Reed
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8.Maguire
9.Macca
10.Blair
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.Parker

14.KNik
15.Thaiday
16.Tpj
17.Wallace

Realistically it's pretty obvious, despite how shite Reed was before his surgery, he's still somehow better than the alternatives we have.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

14. Thaiday
15. Pangai Jr
16. Wallace
17. Nikorima

I think Opacic could give Reed a run for his money personally if he gets a few games under his belt, or alternatively, we could sign a winger and move Kahu.

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Roberts
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Wallace
16. Thaiday
17. TPJ/Ofaengahue

We get that fit 17 on the field and we can beat any team in the NRL

1. Boyd
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Roberts
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Wallace
16. Thaiday
17. TPJ/Ofaengahue

We get that fit 17 on the field and we can beat any team in the NRL

too much Reed

1.Boyd
2.Oates
3.Kahu
4.Roberts
5.Reed
6.Milford
7.Hunt
8.Maguire
9.Macca
10.Blair
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.Parker

14.KNik
15.Thaiday
16.Tpj
17.Wallace
From what I remember a few years back Reed was playing his best footy at the time on the right, I'm a fan of him being on the wing also.

Reed on the wing would be fucking awful lol, he can't run or jump, what's he going to be good for out there.

I never thought I would be saying this but if only we kept Daniel Vidot, he was strong bringing the ball out of our own end, and having Vidot would mean we could move Kahu to the centres

I never thought I would be saying this but if only we kept Daniel Vidot, he was strong bringing the ball out of our own end, and having Vidot would mean we could move Kahu to the centres

Vidot would be very handy right now, and so would Copley.

Reed on the wing would be fucking awful lol, he can't run or jump, what's he going to be good for out there.

From memory, he hasn't been bad the few times it's happened. No getting beaten by his opposite centre thus conceding a line break or overlap and no starving the winger of ball because that's him now. Not sure about bomb defusing and starting sets but nothing sticks out

Yeah he'd be good to have. His hands were always an issue but I think regardless he wasn't gonna last long under Wayne. Correct if I'm wrong but word was he was always lazy/ bad trainer. Seemed to enjoy the perks of being a player rather than focusing on playing. Can probably get away with it at Salford

Yeah he'd be good to have. His hands were always an issue but I think regardless he wasn't gonna last long under Wayne. Correct if I'm wrong but word was he was always lazy/ bad trainer. Seemed to enjoy the perks of being a player rather than focusing on playing. Can probably get away with it at Salford

They were the rumours coming out, that Bennett didn't want him because of his attitude.

He wasn't willing to put in the extra work that Bennett likes to see from players.

Last edited:
They were the rumours coming out, that Bennett didn't want him because of his attitude.

He wasn't willing to put in the extra work that Bennett likes to see from players.

Thats exactly what i heard. Let his team mates down on a pre season training camp and that was pretty much it for him.

Plus Vidot had hands like feet wearing teflon socks covered in olive oil with a layer of ky and topped with a rich butter glaze. He would've done better trying to catch the ball with his teeth.

I think some people need to go watch the 1st game against the dragons last year for a reminder of what vidot can produce

I think some people need to go watch the 1st game against the dragons last year for a reminder of what vidot can produce

Was that when he ran someone over? Shit he would have been good if he did that more than once or twice in his whole damn career.

Active Now

• maddo
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.