2017 Brisbane Broncos Captain

A

Astro

QCup Player
Jun 27, 2014
So i guess now is as good a time as any.

Who do you think will lead the broncos out in 2017 and why?

And will they retire at the end of the season...

Darius Boyd. Because he was one of the candidates for the captaincy this year.

And no. He won't retire at the end of the 2017 season.

Boyd seems to have taken on a much bigger leadership role this year and is actually giving a lot more better interviews these days. Also he is talking a lot more on the field too.

I would have Boyd as the front runner at this stage.

with Ben Hunt as my second choice

Give it to Thaiday so he can retire next year.

I like the sound of the thaiday reasoning but we would be no chance next year if we did. Refs hate him.

Boyd or McCullough are the only logical options.

My favorite would be Boyd. I think he has matured so much in the last 2 years since returning home. He speaks well to the media these days and from what i can tell he is already a leader in the club.

One thing i like in a captain is that they are on the field for 80mins. So who ever gets it i hope they are an 80min player.

Also while we are on the subject of taking over from parker. I would assume kahu will take full time kicking duties?

McCoullough for sure. I think he is a calm head, he presents well and we have seen the team struggles without him. I think Boyd doesn't need the extra stress.

Has to be Boyd. So given that seems to be what everyone expects, I completely expect our smart ass coach to bring back Stu Kelly and make him captain or something.

[Tweet]744741411572977665[/Tweet]

My pick is...Josh McGuire. He is a leader, brilliant player and has a big media profile. But it will be Boyd.

Josh McGuire or McCullough would be good picks but I think Boyd will get it. I think it should go to someone who has been with the club the whole time not Boyd.

Hodges wasn't with the club the whole time. Either was Tallis.

Boyd is the front runner for sure. He's a Locky style leader on the field, never one to blow up or back chat the refs, just goes about business. A solid choice.

Unread

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Lazza
  • Gaz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.