2019 Ashes discussion

He's a good bowler. Most offspin wickets for Australia doesn't mean he's the best but he has been good. He bowled really well on the 5th day 1st test then hasn't looked like getting a wicket since.

Well Australia just need to run out Smith and Cummins, all good.

You can tell Stokes is a Kiwi. There is no way an Englishman would have walked then.

Good idea to get Lyon off, he's been pretty ineffective.

Cummins got his average down to 20.88, not too bad really

Kudos to Denly, this has been a pretty quality innings thus far.

4 wickets to get in a session ...

Well they left that to the last minute. I need a couple of rums to steady the nerves!

Horrific result for Australia last night. They’re stuffed for the rest of this series now. Mentally this loss will wreck them.

Stoked that I was wrong. Very good comeback from the Aussies. Super stuff

My favourite moment was the ball change and Smith’s little girl excitement at seeing what they got as a replacement.

This is a win for planning and bowling variety. We learned lessons from the four previous failed trips that you can't blast teams out in England and we knew they had a lot of white ball players so we bored them out gave them nothing and they did the rest out of frustration.

I called for us to mix up our bowling attack and that played a huge part Hazlewood missed the WC and was ready to go, Hazlewood and Starc missed the first test- great variety.

Yeah Ricky had that 6-7 year period where he averaged 60+ but yep Smith is better. Better average, better overseas, comes in almost every innings at 2/nothing. A good home summer and his average will be pushing 70 lmao

Ponting was outstanding in that time frame from 99-07.

81114 runs at 65.
31 100's from 87 Tests and 29 50's.

He averaged 50 or more against every opponent. 73 at home from 47 Tests away was 56 from 40 matches.

Over that same period Kallis was next best with 9 less 100's and over 1000 less runs.

Over 13,000 runs in two formats is huge and 12,662 of those ODI runs were at 3. He's still the most prolific number 3 ever in ODI.

If you take Smith from his first 100 at the Oval in 2013.

56 Tests
6250 runs
26 100
Av 73

Home av 83- 26 games- 13 100's
Away av 68- 28 games- 13 100's.

One day cricket let's Smith down, Ponting was carrying two formats.

This is a win for planning and bowling variety. We learned lessons from the four previous failed trips that you can't blast teams out in England and we knew they had a lot of white ball players so we bored them out gave them nothing and they did the rest out of frustration.

I called for us to mix up our bowling attack and that played a huge part Hazlewood missed the WC and was ready to go, Hazlewood and Starc missed the first test- great variety.

Plenty of options between Cummins, Hazlewood, Pattinson, Starc, Richardson and Siddle. England are in deep shit next time they tour, might be no Anderson or Broad either. Good luck.

Plenty of options between Cummins, Hazlewood, Pattinson, Starc, Richardson and Siddle. England are in deep shit next time they tour, might be no Anderson or Broad either. Good luck.

Broad and Anderson struggled here anyway, I don't see them on the field as a massive loss- maybe leadership will take a dent.

Broad 12 Tests 34 wickets at 37 as opposed to his career av of 28.
Anderson 18 Tests 60 wickets at 35 as opposed to his career av of 26

Unless we play more night Tests, things are hard here for bowlers like Broad and Anderson.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.