2020 Origin Discussion

I don't want a serviceable player in Origin. I want the best of the best. I don't think he's it.
Unfortunately the best of the best are in New South Wales

Last edited:
Unfortunately the best of the best are in New South Wales
Sadly, that's correct.

Hunt is probably in our best 17, which is more a reflection of our lack of depth than any brilliance on his part.

Sadly, that's correct.

Hunt is probably in our best 17, which is more a reflection of our lack of depth than any brilliance on his part.

Yup, spot on, it says more about QLD than it does about Hunt

The women's Origin game will be played in Sunshine Coast in 2020.

I haven't seen which ground it's going to be played at yet.

Who do we think will be in the u20s origin side , half an hooker will be interesting , quiet a few halves in the squad and not sure if Paix is in as a 7 or 9

Who do we think will be in the u20s origin side , half an hooker will be interesting , quiet a few halves in the squad and not sure if Paix is in as a 7 or 9

Dearden will prob be there if Milford and Croft lock down the halves spots.

I've become a lot less worried about our forward pack moving forward recently, a lot of these guys may not eventuate, but there's plenty of talent in the pool.

24 years of age and under -

8. Corey Horsburgh
9. Harry Grant
10. Thomas Flegler
11. David Fifita
12. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
13. Jai Arrow

Reed Mahoney, Corey Paix, Pat Carrigan, Thomas Mikaele, Joe Ofahengaue, Josh Kerr, Coen Hess, Beau Fermor, Tom Gilbert, Jaydn Su'A, Lindsay Collins, Ethan Bullemor.

Probably a few other juniors coming through that I've forgotten as well.

I've become a lot less worried about our forward pack moving forward recently, a lot of these guys may not eventuate, but there's plenty of talent in the pool.

24 years of age and under -

8. Corey Horsburgh
9. Harry Grant
10. Thomas Flegler
11. David Fifita
12. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
13. Jai Arrow

Reed Mahoney, Corey Paix, Pat Carrigan, Thomas Mikaele, Joe Ofahengaue, Josh Kerr, Coen Hess, Beau Fermor, Tom Gilbert, Jaydn Su'A, Lindsay Collins, Ethan Bullemor.

Probably a few other juniors coming through that I've forgotten as well.
Having ofas name in there among the rest of them puts things into perspective. He isn't as bad as everyone makes out, he's just not mind blowingly talented. He won't reach the heights of some of them on that list, but at 24 he has already done and got to a level some of them may never reach...

Last edited:
Feldt is such a clutch player. He's got to get the nod over Oates based on handling alone.

Never really been a fan of him. Think he has a fair few errors in his game but he has come on a fair bit in the last 12 months. I just dont see him or Oates knocking Gagai and Holmes out of the QLD wing spots.

Never really been a fan of him. Think he has a fair few errors in his game but he has come on a fair bit in the last 12 months. I just dont see him or Oates knocking Gagai and Holmes out of the QLD wing spots.

Unless one of them ends up in the centres which is possible given Qld has none.
[automerge]1581804059[/automerge]

Last edited:
Hess looked very fit at the 9s . If he can regain his 2017 form our pack / bench will be in great shape with Arrow coming back in a well.

Last edited:
If we actually get to Origin, QLD's forward stocks look to be on the rise.

Only been one game, but Papalii looks set to continue where he left off, arguably in the top 3 or 4 props in the game. I thought Horsburgh looked impressive last year, and he also had a fantastic game. So did the two Broncos boys.

So if we do get to Origin, QLD might actually have some decent competition, and guys like Wallace, Glasby and maybe even Napa will hopefully be long forgotten.

If we actually get to Origin, QLD's forward stocks look to be on the rise.

Only been one game, but Papalii looks set to continue where he left off, arguably in the top 3 or 4 props in the game. I thought Horsburgh looked impressive last year, and he also had a fantastic game. So did the two Broncos boys.

So if we do get to Origin, QLD might actually have some decent competition, and guys like Wallace, Glasby and maybe even Napa will hopefully be long forgotten.

It will be criminal if Pat doesnt play origin this year if he keeps playing like he is. He will be Queensland captain in 3 years.

It will be criminal if Pat doesnt play origin this year if he keeps playing like he is. He will be Queensland captain in 3 years.

If Origin is played and Carrigan is fit he’ll play, I just wish you could bet on it.

Last edited:

Stealing my idea Wolfie, at least give me credit m8.

Patty should've been given the captaincy over Lexy, I was calling for it the second it came out that Boyd was losing the captaincy. At the very least they should've been co-captains.

He's the future of the club in all aspects, in fact, I'm willing to anoint him as the next Queensland captain as well, once DCE retires / falls out of favour in a couple of years.

Horsburgh also looks to have taken his game to the next level, I'm really excited by our forwards coming through. Not even mentioning guys like Mikaele and Kerr who look poised to explode as well.

8. Arrow
9. Friend/Mahoney/Turpin
10. Papalii
11. Fifita
12. Kaufusi
13. Carrigan

14. Hunt/Mbye/Brimson/Utility
15. Hess/Tino/Lowe/Su'A/Backrower
16. McGuire/Joffa/Napa/Horsburgh/Flegler/Glasby/Welch/Mikaele/Kerr
17. McGuire/Joffa/Napa/Horsburgh/Flegler/Glasby/Welch/Mikaele/Kerr

Active Now

• Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.