FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

That's our WC over.

We needed to keep the goals against us to a minimum. Conceding 4 goals makes it more difficult.

As soon as we scored that first goal, we went into protect mode and didn't put any pressure on the French players whatsoever and we got slaughtered as a result.

Scrap the A-League and just send all of our players to the Leagues in Europe such as PL, La Liga, Bundesliga etc.

Once again Arnold's coaching or there lackof comes to the fore. Lucky to only concede 4 with some of the chances they had.

Onwards to Tunisia. Need a win.

Once again Arnold's coaching or there lackof comes to the fore. Lucky to only concede 4 with some of the chances they had.

Onwards to Tunisia. Need a win.

Who goes into a game with a 4-5-1 set up these days? All you are doing is encouraging boring football and inviting an extremely skillful side like France to have a field day, particularly when you are a comparatively slow team which Australia is.

I think it's hilarious it made national headlines because Australia scored a goal. Signs aren't good, France barely even got out of first gear to win that game. Arnold is clueless.

Who goes into a game with a 4-5-1 set up these days? All you are doing is encouraging boring football and inviting an extremely skillful side like France to have a field day, particularly when you are a comparatively slow team which Australia is.
I don't have a problem playing 4-5-1 and shit football if that's all you've got, but **** me if you're going to play defensively, don't make it easy for them by making amateur mistakes. First goal we've conceded on second phase because we didn't push up and out after the clearance (I think Souttar keeps Rabiot onside Edit: was Rowles) and the second was just a **** up from start to finish. Every potential outball was marked - so we just play into mid anyway and eventually lose it because we have dudes up our arse from the get go. It's just so stupid, I get that everyone wants to play it out from the back but if you have no options, just pump it forward - I'd rather lose possession 60 yards up the pitch than 20 out from our box with a striker unmarked.

Ah well, at least Netherlands are going to make it through.

Hopefully they can go all the way, but the chances of that are quite slim. I'm not expecting them to make it any further than the QF. They haven't been the same since the likes of Robben, Sneijder, van Persie, van Bronckhorst, Kuyt etc. Hopefully they can get back in the final in my lifetime and win one.

You never know, LVG is a fantastic coach and no one expected Netherlands to make the semi's in 2014 (and only lost on pens).

How about their keeper? Wasnt even first choice until last season and now he's an international. Played 52 times his entire career and he's 28. Dreams do come true!

I've already told you, Football's coming home.

You never know, LVG is a fantastic coach and no one expected Netherlands to make the semi's in 2014 (and only lost on pens).

How about their keeper? Wasnt even first choice until last season and now he's an international. Played 52 times his entire career and he's 28. Dreams do come true!

I guess if they can click then anything is possible. Ever since LVG took over again in August last year, Netherlands haven't lost a game (12 wins, 4 draws). Their match against Senegal didn't fill me with hope, though. They were frustrating to watch, they just couldn't control the game.

Situation with the GK is an interesting one. I was a bit surprised Cillessen was left out, but he's backing Noppert. Hopefully that decision doesn't backfire on him.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.