FOOTBALL 2022 FIFA World Cup

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Graham Arnold has selected his 26-man squad for the upcoming World Cup.

Nathanial Atkinson
Keanu Baccus
Aziz Behich
Martin Boyle
Jason Cummings
Milos Degenek
Thomas Deng
Cameron Devlin
Mitchell Duke
Craig Goodwin
Ajdin Hrustic
Jackson Irvine
Fran Karacic
Joel King
Garang Kuol
Mathew Leckie
Awer Mabil
Jamie MacLaren
Riley McGree
Aaron Mooy
Andrew Redmayne (GK)
Kye Rowles
Mathew Ryan (GK) (c)
Harry Souttar
Danny Vukovic (GK)
Bailey Wright

Arnold has copped some flak for this squad and for leaving out the likes of Sainsbury, Rogic, Taggart and Langerak.

Cristian Volpato was offered a spot in the squad but turned it down to keep his options open with Italy.

Australia will kick off their World Cup campaign on the 23rd November at 5AM, taking on France first up.

It sucks rogics not in the team, but it's understandable as he really isn't getting any game time

We did an incredible job to qualify, just wish we'd get half a chance and not end up in the same group as the tournament favorites

We did an incredible job to qualify, just wish we'd get half a chance and not end up in the same group as the tournament favorites

Interesting stat, the previous three European winners of the WC have not made it through to the knockout stages.

It sucks rogics not in the team, but it's understandable as he really isn't getting any game time
Yeah but how did mat Ryan who playing second fiddle at club get pick ahead of Mitch Langerak who is getting game time and my opinion deserves a spot for world cup

It's not the worst group for Australia. If this was 2006-2014 squad we would 100% qualify.

problem is, we're in a bit of a developmental rut atm and not producing the stars (by australian standards) that we were previously.

Still, there's a chance. Denmark aren't that good.

It's not the worst group for Australia. If this was 2006-2014 squad we would 100% qualify.

problem is, we're in a bit of a developmental rut atm and not producing the stars (by australian standards) that we were previously.

Still, there's a chance. Denmark aren't that good.

If we go in with the right gameplan, I rate our chances of finishing 2nd. I think we need to have an attacking mindset if we want to advance to the knockout stages rather than trying to defend our way to victory which is something we've been guilty of in previous WC's.

Last time we played Denmark, it was a draw and I thought we had our chances of winning that game.

I know Rogic hasn't been getting game time but he is so much better than anything else Australia has in the midfield, surely you have to take the punt.

I've got my 2x $101 betr promotions on Brazil & France, so I'll be supporting them alongside Australia haha.

Little surprised that Firmino didn't make the Brazil squad, he's been arguably Liverpool's most consistent player this season, but given the absurd options they have up front, I guess it's not too hard to believe.

I've got $101 on Netherlands.

It won't happen, but a man can dream.

I know Rogic hasn't been getting game time but he is so much better than anything else Australia has in the midfield, surely you have to take the punt.
I agree, he's pretty much one of our only elite players

So Qatar have been hiring a bunch of people to be pretend fans of the nations in the WC to hype up the WC.

I'm still pissed corruption led to Qatar getting this WC over Australia.

Interesting to see the new FIFA documentary on Netflix, explains very clearly that this was a result of corruption.

Also, I kind of don't mind getting people to fans of a certain side, even if you pay for it, it could be an interesting social experiment to watch.

So I've done the official calcs. Looks like Australia is beating France in the final.

Screenshot 2022 11 17 155602

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.