2023 Broncos Jersey and Sponsorship discussion

In one
It is really bizarre. Are they embarrassed to be from Redcliffe? Why hide it? It’s not a little town of 5 people. When you think we had Balmain with 10K people Redcliffe is 6x that. I know it’s Wests etc, but don’t pretend you’re something else Dolphins…
You’re not all encompassing 🙄 you’re not the Queensland Dolphins ffs.

Reynolds calls them Redcliffe In this. I'd think Kev would be pretty passionate about letting the players know we're the only Brisbane team and this is our town.

Arsenal
Juventis
The Rangers

The above are just off the top of my head but I’m sure there are more. you could also make an argument that Golden State Warriors counts but they are obviously based in California

Real Betis, Real Sociedad, Osasuna who play in the La Liga. FC Shalke 04 who play in Bundesliga. Celtics who play in the Scottish League. Club Aletico River Plate who play in the Argentina Primera Division.

And there's several more in football, as well.

There are plenty of sports teams without a location in their name, but generally its the done thing to have it.

I actually think its more of a big deal on here than it is with Redcliffe supporters. I dont think they are big fans of not having Redcliffe in their name, but i know plenty of them and it doesn't change a lot for them.

give it 5 years and they will be the redcliffe dolphins as long as their supported keep at it

Arsenal
Juventis
The Rangers

The above are just off the top of my head but I’m sure there are more. you could also make an argument that Golden State Warriors counts but they are obviously based in California
Rangers is different, their Official name is Glasgow Rangers, Celtic on the other hand has their Official name as The Celtic Football club.

Golden state applies to the unofficial term for California which is a location I would give that a Pass.

Rangers is different, their Official name is Glasgow Rangers, Celtic on the other hand has their Official name as The Celtic Football club.

Golden state applies to the unofficial term for California which is a location I would give that a Pass.
Yeah admittedly some were stretches but I was pretty wrapped with myself regarding Juventus and Arsenal

Yeah admittedly some were stretches but I was pretty wrapped with myself regarding Juventus and Arsenal
Arsenal were named after the Woolwich Arsenal, which was a location.

So they dropped the Woolwich? Sounds very Dolphins if you ask me
They dropped Woolwich when they left to Highbury so I guess at that point it qualifies as Locationless.

So people are supporting a building? Sounds stupider than supporting a dolphin. Where do I get my membership to support the Sydney opera house?

So people are supporting a building? Sounds stupider than supporting a dolphin. Where do I get my membership to support the Sydney opera house?
It started as a location then changed, the main underlying name Arsenal is in reference to the Royal Arsenal workers who founded the club.

I don't think Dolphins founded The dolphins, I could be wrong though.

It started as a location then changed, the main underlying name Arsenal is in reference to the Royal Arsenal workers who founded the club.

Would be sick if they did but

They were just blokes who worked in themunitions factory in the Woolwich area that founded Arsenal. Hence the couple of name changes until they settled on Woolwich Arsenal when they became founding members of the football league.

Whoever they were they had a sense of humour.

arse.lol.

308E20D5 FE91 4C3C B948 219526EEB555

They were just blokes who worked in themunitions factory in the Woolwich area that founded Arsenal. Hence the couple of name changes until they settled on Woolwich Arsenal when they became founding members of the football league.
The Munitions factory being called Royal Arsenal the Royal got dropped for the location but the Arsenal part of the name stayed till this day.

Funnily enough Woolwich is south of the Thames, so they are not originally a North London club.

Just got the City jersey, such a good design seems going by our crowd in the stands that the take up has been huge on it.

This being the first Asics jersey I got the sizing is quite a bit smaller then the equivalent ISC ones, wish I got a size bigger if I knew that

Active Now

• Dash
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.