Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAND FINAL DAY

Broncos

PENRITH PANTHERS vs BRISBANE BRONCOS
Accor Stadium, Sydney

Kick-Off 18:30
AEST - QLD

Mostly sunny with a max of 36 degrees. Low (5%) chance of showers.

Watch: AU: Nine NZ: Sky PNG: DigiCell & tvWAN | Listen: Triple M - ABC Sport

TRAVELLING TO THE STADIUM - Transport NSW | CAR PARKING - MUST PRE-BOOK

Gates Open 13:00
NRLW Grand Final: Knights v Titans 15:55
NRL Grand Final: Panthers v Broncos 19:30
Times are AEDT - NSW

PENRITH PANTHERS

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To’o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Scott Sorensen 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo 14. Jack Cogger 15. Lindsay Smith 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Luke Garner 18. Tyrone Peachey 19. Matt Eisenhuth 20. Zac Hosking 21. Luke Sommerton 22. Thomas Jenkins
Coach: Ivan Cleary
Jersey: Home

BRISBANE BRONCOS

1. Reece Walsh 2. Jesse Arthars 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Brendan Piakura 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Keenan Palasia 18. Corey Oates 19. Martin Taupau 20. Corey Jensen 21. Jock Madden 22. Tristan Sailor
Coach: Kevin Walters
Jersey: Away

Referee: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Chris Sutton and David Munro
Video Referee: Ashley Klein
Standby Referee: Grant Atkins
Standby Touch Judge: Drew Oultram

It's the City jersey for me today. Pretty good win rate with it.

Still sore from a workout yesterday, hope I manage to limp to the stadium.

I’ve never felt happier.

Win,lose or draw I’ll still be feeling happy.

Our club is back to where it belongs.

Our boys have given us a season full of style, swagger and class. We’ve played the game with a free spirit. We’ve refused to dive and milk penalties, our coach has refused to criticise the officials when they’ve got it wrong. We’ve treated our opposition with respect at all times and never deliberately tried to injure them in order to win a game.

We have kept the spirit of true rugby league alive all year in every game. I’m sure we’ll be no different tonight and come 20:30 ish I’ll be every bit as proud and happy with our club as I am right now.

Do it!!!

For poor people like me that can’t afford to fly down, is anyone going to the Broncos Leagues club to watch the game? Haven’t been before so where to park and is the atmosphere good?

I’ve never felt happier.

Our boys have given us a season full of style, swagger and class. We’ve played the game with a free spirit. We’ve refused to dive and milk penalties, our coach has refused to criticise the officials when they’ve got it wrong. We’ve treated our opposition with respect at all times and never deliberately tried to injure them in order to win a game.

We have kept the spirit of true rugby league alive all year in every game. I’m sure we’ll be no different tonight and come 20:30 ish I’ll be every bit as proud and happy with our club as I am right now.

Do it!!!
Mate, fantastic post which sums exactly how I am feeling about today and the season. I am not nervous at all. Win, lose or draw, we have already won this season, we have won back our self respect, our ethos and we are well on the way to winning back our aura.

So, the result does not matter to me. I think we will win by 8-16 with Patty Carrigan the CC medal winner.

I've enjoyed sharing this season with you all, especially after the spoon and dreaded seibold era.

Win,lose or draw its been an awesome year.

Cheers Broncsfans.

Time for today's joke to lighten the mood
... Phil Gould.

Gould says

“He saves more tries than any fullback in the game,” Gould said of Edwards on on Wide World of Sports’ Six Tackles with Gus podcast.

“And he’s always there and he’s organising people and as they retreat back in defence, forwards will have a quick look at him and he’ll say, ‘You need to go to that side, you need to go to that side, you need to stay where you are, you need to turn’. He’ll have little signals to them and they won’t question it. If he says, ‘You go that way’, they’ll go that way.

“Reece Walsh is not doing that for the Broncos; not to Dylan Edwards’ [extent].

“That’s why I see the difference in the two defensive lines. That’s what I see as the biggest factor here.

“They’re both great attacking teams, but the inexperience of the occasion and the knowledge part of it lies with Dylan Edwards.”

I’ve never felt happier.

Do it!!!

I love this attitude. I'm a lot more accepting of the possibility of a loss today than I was in 2015. It will still hurt, but I think going into to that game, playing the Cowboys, having never lost a grand final or even really having a really bad year - the weight of all that made the result devastating.

This year feels so different. Having gone through so many lean years, I really appreciate what it's taken to get here. I said it so many times this year, but it's great to have such a likeable team that is fun to watch and so easy to support and celebrate.

This has been a great year, and getting this far is an achievement in and of itself. If the boys come out today and give it everything - which I know they will - I'll be proud no matter the result.

Let's go, Broncos.

I feel the same as everyone here. The broncos have already won this season. The fans are all united again and the ghosts of the spoon era are well and truly buried. No one expected us to be in a grand final at the start of the year but we’ve checked off every box along the way. The broncos even did what the lions couldn’t and that’s breaking a bloody hoodoo.

Although by game time I’ll be all in for a broncos win! F*** the panthers!

Guys. Guys. What is this crap? This is after you lose a Grand Final talk, not 9 hours from kick-off in a Grand Final!

To quote Mark Gasnier. FIRE THE **** UP!

LETS DO IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • kiwibronco
  • Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bert_lifts
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • bb_gun
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.