POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

The play that hurt me the most was the first Panthers try - short drop out, knock back to nobody but Panthers.
Easiest try you'll ever score, and we give it to them early in a GF.
Gift them 6 points on a platter and lose by 2, FMD

Righto. I just worked up the courage to watch the game.....until the 3rd Ezra try.
Got the blood pressure going I tell ya. First time I've seen it on a screen.

Man we are some team....We made it so hard for ourselves in 1st half. Any other side and it would've been a 30 point loss.

To even be in the game, let alone 3 tries ahead. Geez, if we play our cards right and get some luck, you just never know, we might be back there again next year.

I know. Imagine the stories being written had we won. Defeating the two-time premiers, who made only one error all game, and had 56% possession. It was as close to the perfect performance you could have, and we still almost beat them. That first half was absolutely legendary, the amount of field position and opportunities they had, and they could only manage one try from our own stupid error. I can't be disappointed with the season as a whole, it was a fantastic year by everyone from the players to the coaching team, but a frustrating "what might have been" is what will forever dominate its memory.

I know. Imagine the stories being written had we won. Defeating the two-time premiers, who made only one error all game, and had 56% possession. It was as close to the perfect performance you could have, and we still almost beat them. That first half was absolutely legendary, the amount of field position and opportunities they had, and they could only manage one try from our own stupid error. I can't be disappointed with the season as a whole, it was a fantastic year by everyone from the players to the coaching team, but a frustrating "what might have been" is what will forever dominate its memory.
It's memory will only hurt until we win our next premiership (2024).

I also want to say if we have a “normal” wind event we win that game. The panthers had the wind in the first half and then just as we got momentum that weird wind storm whipped up and changed direction to favour them again. I 100% reckon that the wind is why reyno went for those failed drop outs and the wind took them into touch.

F the wind.

I also want to say if we have a “normal” wind event we win that game. The panthers had the wind in the first half and then just as we got momentum that weird wind storm whipped up and changed direction to favour them again. I 100% reckon that the wind is why reyno went for those failed drop outs and the wind took them into touch.

F the wind.
Did he have to kick it so close to the sideline though?

Looking back at that first try they scored. Imagine if we get that ball back and work our way out of trouble. I'd love to see the stats up until that point because they were all over us and we kept repelling. Imagine if we went into half time with the lead after that many errors.

Haven't been able to re watch the game but another "what if" moment of mine was our first attacking set when Athurs got bundled into touch. Can anyone who has re watched it tell me if we were a chance of scoring there? Or did we get over excited and pull the trigger when nothing was on?

Looking back at that first try they scored. Imagine if we get that ball back and work our way out of trouble. I'd love to see the stats up until that point because they were all over us and we kept repelling. Imagine if we went into half time with the lead after that many errors.

Haven't been able to re watch the game but another "what if" moment of mine was our first attacking set when Athurs got bundled into touch. Can anyone who has re watched it tell me if we were a chance of scoring there? Or did we get over excited and pull the trigger when nothing was on?
Pass from Herbie seemed slightly off. I felt like the play was on if the pass was perfect. But haven’t watched a replay.

Play was on. Pass needed to be better but it was good pressure that forced the bad pass. He would've been 75/25 to score I reckon.
I think if we score on that play the whole game goes differently.

Play was on. Pass needed to be better but it was good pressure that forced the bad pass. He would've been 75/25 to score I reckon.

The play was on but we definitely needed to calm our farm.

It was getting erratic a couple of passes before too… so just needed to take the tackle for the next play.

Was off the back of Billy's 40/20 and was only the 5th minute of the game, going 4 or 6 up at that point would of been great and would of changed the game for sure.
After that for the next 12 minutes we made 4 errors before Penrith scored off one of those, I'd say we were defending our line for most of that time.

Why is this thread still alive?!?!?

nuclear explosion bomb GIF

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.