POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

The only thing missing that last 20 was Ben hunt or Andrew McCullough kicking for touch on the 3rd or 4th.

I know people think Walsh is the messiah, but he really needs to focus on fullback basics. His defence was terrible, he doesnt seem to organise and his positioning was all over the place. His excellence in attack has kind of masked how poor he is at times. If he wants to be elite, you cant just rely on your attack.
Yep. Even his last ditch play was a bonehead move. We had tackles and time. He needed to get to a quick play the ball.

That is genuinely devastating guys. I know it won't feel like it now but there is no shame in losing to that team. Probably the best ever. That performance beats everybody else ever. Needed an all time great performance from a guy to get beaten. Probably should have closed it out but what can you do. Might not mean much but that is only going to help the Broncos. Going to be back here again and will be winning a comp.

Its tough not to be critical when you blow a game like that, but after all the errors and defence we did in that game, especially in the first half its hard to be too harsh on them. A lesser side would have conceded 20+ points in the first half alone.

Cleary put on a halfback exhibition, ours was a corner kicking robot, barely come up with a play all night. Let’s be honest here for a second.
Cleary was the difference......practically won Penrith the game single handedly.

Arey choked. There's no way he shouldn't have steered that lead home to victory.

Devastating.....

Sad Fran Healy GIF by Travis

I know people think Walsh is the messiah, but he really needs to focus on fullback basics. His defence was terrible, he doesnt seem to organise and his positioning was all over the place. His excellence in attack has kind of masked how poor he is at times. If he wants to be elite, you cant just rely on your attack.
I don't think he is the messiah, great when he is on song but is prone to poor decisions. He has a lot of growing up to do and his inexprience shows, lots of potential but so many players have that. Tonight proves he has a long way to go.

That is genuinely devastating guys. I know it won't feel like it now but there is no shame in losing to that team. Probably the best ever. That performance beats everybody else ever. Needed an all time great performance from a guy to get beaten. Probably should have closed it out but what can you do. Might not mean much but that is only going to help the Broncos. Going to be back here again and will be winning a comp.
We all said that in 2015 and it took us 8 years of hell to get back here. Shattered

Its going to be harder to come back for us losing probably the best center in the game in the back end of the season and Flegler and Palasia are big losses as well when you look at their form.

I know we butt heads, but thanks for that mate, speaks volumes about you.
Good luck next year to your boys.

Damn that's a bad loss. We could have just played 1 out football for 30 minutes and won that match but decided to chance our arm and paid dearly.

Appreciate it mate.

Well that sucked. Some of Reyno's kick decisions were just terrible. Far too many mistakes from us. Penrith 97% completion rate 37/38 sets us 71% completion with 27/38 sets. We blew them off the park then handed it back to them on a plate.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • Shane Tronc
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • barker
  • broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.