POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Welp, see you all next season. Hopefully it will be better. I need some fresh air and I don't need to read the word choke again. I think we all know what happened.

It stings that little bit more when you should have won but didn’t. That last 20 minutes had it written all over the game. Not closing out 5th play sets, making mistakes and poor goal line drop out options. You expect it from the younger players but Reynolds should have known better and I’m sure he’s disappointed in that effort. In saying that, we wouldn’t be here without him.

I don't think he is the messiah, great when he is on song but is prone to poor decisions. He has a lot of growing up to do and his inexprience shows, lots of potential but so many players have that.

I noticed Billy Slater commented a couple of times how badly out of position he was and he was just walking to get back into where he should have been. Hopefully, he learns a lesson and carries on improving.

We weren't as bad as you're all saying. We went toe to toe with a truly great side, and even after that choke there was only a penalty between us. I'll take that result over my expectations at the beginning of the season.

Sadly, the difference was Reyno vs Cleary.

Feels like this was our best chance. Unless we make some signings we are significantly weaker on paper next year.
I couldn’t agree more, we will be worse next year. Losing flegler, Herbie, Reynolds a year older….panthers will be going for 4

I know people think Walsh is the messiah, but he really needs to focus on fullback basics. His defence was terrible, he doesnt seem to organise and his positioning was all over the place. His excellence in attack has kind of masked how poor he is at times. If he wants to be elite, you cant just rely on your attack.
The crighton try, he could of easily locked up the ball, but ran past and into cobbo, taking him out of it too

Feels like this was our best chance. Unless we make some signings we are significantly weaker on paper next year.
If we clean up our errors and are more clinical we'll be better.

Jensen is just as good as Palasia. Flegler is a huge loss but hopefully Baker can be a surprisingly good pickup.

Mariner replaces Herbie, I don't know if he replaces the workrate but if others pick up the slack we can arguably get better.

Was always going to come down to our unforced errors.
Herbies pass to no one when we had them on the rack turned the momentum.
Hard for Arey to steer us home when we take so many unnecessary risks.
Just fucked. Home seems a long way away and have to front up to all the cowboys ***** at work who kept changing to anyone who played against us.
So gutted.

Any chance we can make billy Walters the whipping boy for that last try?

I joke guys it was a team wide choke haha.

2015 must have been to steel us, we are taking it relatively well compared and considering the choke.

We weren't as bad as you're all saying. We went toe to toe with a truly great side, and even after that choke there was only a penalty between us. I'll take that result over my expectations at the beginning of the season.

Sadly, the difference was Reyno vs Cleary.
Bro this is cope, we were winning 24-8 in a grand final. That is game over.

And they had Luai and Yeo off the field lmao.

It hurts but it is one of the biggest chokes any of us will ever see.

I wish some of those players could have stayed around and trusted the process.

When we click we will be unstoppable.

unfortunately we have been the losing team in the two best grand finals ever.

Cleary had to pull out one of the best performances of all time to take us down.

There is a lot not to like about this game, but a lot to like for the future.

It’s sad that we are losing three of our best players. All three of them were elite.

Our heroes didn’t step up (except haas) and we started to relax after Ezra’s third.

Didn’t adjust to the gameplan given penriths injuries.

**** it hurts

Why go for touch with the goal line drop out when he could have nailed it 50+m and make them run all the way back? We were still leading!

Couple of those BS grubbers where our guys got caught ingoal.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Midean
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Spike
  • Skathen
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Santa
  • BroncsNBundy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Painin the Haas
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.