POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

No words. Absolutely shattered.

We gave up and allowed them back into the game.

Worse than 2015? Not sure atm but this will haunt us. People who say you need to lose 1 to win 1, that's BS. What happened after 2015? Did we win one? No. There's no guarantees. Who knows what will happen next season. This was it for us and we blew it.

I think what hurts the most about this year is we had everything go our way, very few injuries, plenty of weeks off at the end of the regular season and two home finals with a break in between.

Everything was going our way and it feels very much like a hugely missed opportunity.

No words. Absolutely shattered.

We gave up and allowed them back into the game.

Worse than 2015? Not sure atm but this will haunt us. People who say you need to lose 1 to win 1, that's BS. What happened after 2015? Did we win one? No. There's no guarantees. Who knows what will happen next season. This was it for us and we blew it.
We won't know how this affects the team until next year, but unless Mam and Walsh suddenly have a huge decline in their running games like Milford had midway through 2016, I think they'll manage it better. Reynolds won't be affected as much as Hunt was. The spine will be the key and hopefully Mam and Walsh get better with experience.
I think there's less chance of a mental collapse, however I'm not sure that the Broncos will be as good after losing some very key players.

I tell you what I might be a bit biased but I feel like Palasia had a great game under the radar tonight. Was trying to figure out how he kept getting into your side at the start of the year but he took a lot of tough carries tonight.
Yes he was great. He really stood up to close out the season. You blokes have a great pack next year, possibly the best in the comp

That was painful, but watching the game in person it felt like we had lost the plot after we got to 24, we couldn't hold the ball or get a call.

Infact the ref didn't get involved at all really untill we started to pull away(even though soo many calls were missed in the first half).

It's a shame I was getting overconfident earlier that we had already won after Ezra had absolutely sliced them apart earlier.

No we did not and it is a BIG problem for this team that must be addressed. I would love to see the stat for forced dropouts all year because we have to be close to 17th, and with a player like Reynolds in the team that is just not good enough. We simply do not know how to build pressure and turn the screws, always defaulting to the individual brilliance from 20 or 30 out to score.

Penrith gave us a lesson in ball handling, completing sets and possession tonight.
In big games, Complete your sets. That’s first and foremost. We didn’t do it in the first half but we should have learned the lesson once we were 24-8 up. At that points it fundamentals that win the game but we went for some crazy passes.

Piakura has really improved. I think he is ready. This is coming from a guy thathe was an absolute spud about a year ago. Looked like shit in qcup every time I watched him. Looks like a real first grader now.

I still think its a lot to ask 21 year old back rower to perform consistently and be the main man. I personally think he will start next year, but i dont expect him to do what say Fifita did for us.

In person Reynolds kicks looked very average, often times Edwards is by himself and he just kicks it straight at him when it would have been easy to pin them in their own end.

Billys kicks were very dangerous though.

Absolutely heartbroken!!! I was watching it with 15 mins left in the sea of Penrith fans thinking thank f**k we’re going to win this and rub it in their faces!!! They had it and they lost it. Penrith came and played with 15 mins left and they won. There was some crazy errors that the boys did, it was shocking. I’m still in shock and may cry when I get home lol

If you told anyone on here that we’re playing finals, smashing Storm and making the GF… We all would’ve taken it!
To play the way we did and come so close?! Very frustrating and an empty feeling….

Rabbitohs made the right call. Reynolds has helped us but I wouldn’t extend him.

That's the unfortunate part of sport really, you can play well all season but if you don't get the result by the full-time siren it just leaves you feeling empty.

I thought it was a really brave performance from the Broncos. They were as nervous as anything, the Panthers were all over them and the game looked all but over when Reynolds injured his groin. I think Reynolds was really brave to play on and had that been a regular game he would have come off for sure.

I'd say Penrith were the better team for 40 odd minutes and Brisbane only had that run for 20 minutes. It was enough to pile on 24 points but they were a buffer so when that run eventually ran out, it was advantage Penrith.

Suddenly that 40 minute onslaught caught up to them and with nothing to lose they took their advantage. It's a shame but that's the price you pay when you play the Broncos style of football.

It's been a pleasure to watch this season this year, they gave one of the greatest teams of all-time an almighty scare and played some breath-taking Rugby League.

The truth is the 2 people who got the Broncs to the grand final Reynolds and Walsh actually cost you the grand final..

Walsh and Reynolds had a shocker. Yes Walsh scored (I think, I can’t remember now lol it’s all blurry) but the decisions they were making were terrible

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  • Behold
  • Mustafur
  • Canga
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.