POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Penrith's best player is Nathan Cleary who is absolutely feakish for his age and gets better every season, which more than negates whoever the Panthers lose

I'm certainly no NSW rugby league whiz but Penrith won all 3 grades last season I believe, it's clear they've got their pathways sorted. They can afford to move blokes on with the next kid coming through being just as good, if not better.

Watching the last 20 mins now. At the cleary first try. That was fucking dreadful from Capewell. The missed tackle is one thing. He was out of position by 2m. Dont know what he saw to be in field so much. Horrible.
Yep unfortunately it was broncos 2 most experienced players in Reynolds and capewell that let them down.

That was a ballsy kick from Cleary for the 40/20. Make or miss kind of kick on tackle 3
That was the moment I knew we were in the shit. Cleary looked in the zone and didn't let up. It sucks we lost but yeah he was the reason.

That was a ballsy kick from Cleary for the 40/20. Make or miss kind of kick on tackle 3

He basically took it upon himself to play like a quarterback in the NFL, when they had the ball he was out there to make the plays. He wasn't interested in the grind at all. He wanted to make plays.

If any of his plays don't come off, it's probably a different result.

That's pretty much how I saw it.

I also think that's the Broncos style. They're not going to grind teams, they're going to put on points and hope that the scoreboard pressure throws the opposition off.

That didn't work against this Penrith side.
We butchered tonight, our best defensive effort I’ve seen all year, put on the pints and then just cook it.

We had them and believed we had them.

Having the wings back for early 40/20’s should
Have been a given. I fail to see where instructions were coming from. Cleary was FUCKING always going early.

Communication was shit or it wasn’t heard.

The carrigan knock on was incredibly unlucky. Got swung around directly into JFH legs. Crichton scores next set. Staggs and Cobbo could have been stronger in contact

Patty was completely monstered by JfH and Leota. Disappointed.
He also copped a total of three shots to the head that i saw.
None intentional, but i wouldn't be surprised if he was nursing a mild concussion.

Bloke was bleeding from the ear at one point, and i cant fault his effort under the circumstances.

As good as Flegs was, he was no where near Haas.

We have to remember this is a young inexperienced side vs a young highly experienced side.

Cleary was brilliant, as fucked as that is and as much as i hate to say it, he was the difference.

definitely caught cobbo out, he probably learnt a few lessons tonight. there were a couple of times we kicked early and to'o was wise to it every time.

Can I just say thank you, mods...

This is spot on. Darius was right, it is just a game. It's rough right now, hell we're all feeling it. But at the end of the day it was a game of football. Sportsball. There are far more important things in life than this and if you need a reminder of that, my DM's (and I'm sure many others) are open.

Please everyone take care. The sun will rise in the morning, and you all should as well. It's a new day! Full of hope and promise.

Listening to Penrith’s presser and it seems they’re as stunned as us they actually won after what unfolded.

I think it was just the fatigue from defending the errors in the first half. I actually thought they all played well mostly.

Not at all a go on our lads. They all played well, but I just through Penrith were just better in their forwards. They had an extra gear waiting for this game, and our guys couldn't match it.

Listening to Penrith’s presser and it seems they’re as stunned as us they actually won after what unfolded.
we held them out all night and blew them away. it should have been over but we invited them back to have another go and they took full advantage.

Two things Kevvie needs to drill into the side in the pre-season.

Winning the tackles and line speed.
Doing the little things right, respecting the ball and completing your sets.

Been saying it all fucking year. You won't win a premiership in this day and age without getting those right, but it wasn't drilled into the fucking team.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • Bronx48
  • Dash
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.