POST GAME 2023 NRL Grand Final - Penrith vs Brisbane

Far out, it sucks, but how good are the Broncos?

We lost by two points to the team that was in the last 3 grand finals (winning the last 2), with them having 4 free interchanges through HIA, and only making one error the entire game. We shouldn't have been within 30 points of them, all things being equal. Biggest comeback in GF history or whatever, glosses over the fact that they were 1 error and 3 penalties away from being absolutely perfect, and we still took them for 78 minutes. Cleary might have put the pedal down in that last 20, but he was only able to do it because, like normal, the defensive line against him was shot to pieces and under immense fatigue.

Very, very proud of this team.

This..
I've sat here just thinking about the game since it's finish and your so right.
We weren't at our best but Penrith had to be basically perfect to beat us by only 2 points.
They were camped down own end more than half the night.
To put 24 points on them that's only happend under 10 times in the past 4 seasons.
If Penrith play that game against anyone else this year they win by 40+.

Reynolds kicks it down To'o throat. Cleary kick. Reynolds touches it. No 6 again call for a clear touch. Crichton pulls off a great kick again to force drop out. Reynolds goes another tricky drop out that is somehow caught by Martin. Cleary scores off that set from really nothing. Reynolds, Walters and Walsh awful effort to cover middle. Game over.
reynolds had cleary covered, it was walsh, walters and carrigan at the ruck who didn't cover. riki unfortunately went the wrong way from marker.

Two things Kevvie needs to drill into the side in the pre-season.

Winning the tackles and line speed.
Doing the little things right, respecting the ball and completing your sets.

Been saying it all fucking year. You won't win a premiership in this day and age without getting those right, but it wasn't drilled into the fucking team.
We were 3 minutes away from winning a premiership though. That’s pretty close mate

Can we now stop with the short drop outs? They are done way too much and all teams are now ready and have practiced for them. Just belt it out to halfway and back our defence.
i think reynolds tried in the end but got them wrong as well going too close to the sideline.

Can we now stop with the short drop outs? They are done way too much and all teams are now ready and have practiced for them. Just belt it out to halfway and back our defence.
I'm gonna disagree. Broncos success rate from them has generally been really good, so much so that I think it's worth making a first tackle in your 10 rather than your 30 if it doesn't work.
It just....really went wrong today, but it went wrong for a long distance one too. Reynolds wad just off.

Drag Race Entrance GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I'm gonna disagree. Broncos success rate from them has generally been really good, so much so that I think it's worth making a first tackle in your 10 rather than your 30 if it doesn't work.
It just....really went wrong today, but it went wrong for a long distance one too. Reynolds wad just off.
Agree. There is no risk at all going for a short drop out up 4. Aim of the game is to get the ball back and he was close tbf. That's the play everytime.

We were 3 minutes away from winning a premiership though. That’s pretty close mate
Yep, that's why it's so hard to take.

It was a great season, they did everything right, except blow it in the the last few minutes that really mattered. The coaching staff did everything right, the senior players just bottled it when it mattered.

Good luck to them next yeat year, but it's almost 30 odd games to get back to the GF where they were a few sets from winning it tonight and anything can happen in that time. Not easy but good luck to them

So, all the winners across the 3 different competitions are all NSW based clubs. Shiiiiiiiiiiit!

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • levikaden
  • Tmac
  • Foordy
  • Accept
  • cento
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.